briebrie2687

Mattifying Foundations for Oily Skin

I have oily/combination skin and always find myself looking shiny and feeling greasy by noon! I was using Cliniques Acne Solutiins foundation bur it doesnt blend very well. I just bought Nars Sheer Matte Foundation with the oil free primer and translucent powder but that doesnt seem to be helping.

I do like MUFU's Micro Powder and feel tht helps but need a foundation. Whenever I try foundation at the store, I feel like it looks good. I buy it and then start wearing it and that's not the case. 

Any recommendations or tips to control the shine?

nakedlunch212

Re: Mattifying Foundations for Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

Definitely check out Hourglass Immaculate. It's a cream-to-powder formula and works amazingly well to keep my oily skin shine-free with only very minimal blotting. Using a sunscreen as a primer might help too. My favorite is Shiseido Urban Environment. 

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

I suggest the MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. Works like a dream.

onomotopoeia9

ysl also has a great mat primer.

And I think beautylovingirl's suggestion of mufe's pro-finish powder is a great idea! I use that myself and it works great.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Too faced primed and poreless oil free primer-

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer

Givenchy's Mister Mat Primer

Murad's oil control mattifier

You could check out Hourglass' Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation or also check out MUFE's Pro Finish Powder foundation.

The use of any of these primers would be great and also look at oil blotting papers to blot your face instead of adding more powder which can make your skin look and feel oily.

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi briebrie2687,

I know how you feel! I always have a tendency to get oily throughout the day. My quick fix for excess shine is Benefit's POREfessional. I usually will just dab a little around the areas that I get oily (my nose, cheeks, and chin) then apply my foundation. You can also use it for touch-ups throughout the day on top of your makeup. This stuff is fantastic and it's small enough to just keep in your purse without worrying about a powder mess.

swfupload_7010162864439521126.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9