Accepted Solution

Matte Eyeshadow & Eye Pencil to highlight inner corners of the Eye

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello!

My complexion is fair to medium with neutral to yellow undertones. I use the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation (Shell).

Please recommend a matte eye shadow to highlight the inner corners of the eyes. My issue is that some eye shadows look too white/powdery, some look too pinky, and some look too yellow. I am finding it hard to get the perfect shade. I was also wondering if the Urban Decay Eden Primer might serve this purpose.

I am also looking for an eyeliner to line the inner corners and make the eyes look defined. Again, white is looking too artificial and I don't want to use yellow or silver.

I am an Urban Decay fan, so I would love suggestions from their line or eye shadows and pencils. I also like the Sephora Collection.

Thanks!

Re: Matte Eyeshadow & Eye Pencil to highlight inner corners of the Eye

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the wonderful tips!!! I am going to check out Foxy from Urban Decay and Call My Buff from Benefits.

(0) Hearts

@roxystar4- Thanks for finishing that out I got in a hurry when I was typing that and didn't finishSmiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I'm a fan of Urban Decay "Foxy" eyeshadow for the inner corner and for a brow bone highlight. It's matte and has a slight yellow undertone but not overpowering. You can find it in the Naked2 palette or you can buy it on its own. Hope that helps Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

(0) Hearts

Another vote for Tarte, if that's too skinny/tip too tiny for you, try Stila Kajal liner in Topaz, which is what I have and I'm loving it.

I'm not quite sure what kind of shadow you are looking for (almost sounds like you are looking for a concealer/foundation), but you might be interested in checking out some shades in Naked Basics, or use a concealer/highlighter like YSL touche eclat?

Good call Beautylovingirl!  I love that Tarte EmphasEYES™ Inner Rim Brightener.  It is a very natural shade that brightens without looking white.

swfupload_5277243589389130777.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/emphaseyes-inner-rim-brightener-P278605?skuId=1306729

For the eyshadow, I think something like Benefit Longwear Powder Shadow Call My Buff would work well for your coloring if you want to keep it subtle.

swfupload_7869563960080619893.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/longwear-powder-shadow-P378282?skuId=1490481

(0) Hearts

I don't think that the eden primer is going to do what you want.  I'm using up a tube right now and it matches my light complexion pretty well.  It wouldn't highlight my eyes at all.  And if you're wearing other shadow I think you'd have a very hard time getting it where you want. 

I'm not sure what shadow to recommend; I have some that I like but they're in palettes, and I can't seem to find them sold individually.

Tarte  has an inside brightening pencil that would be perfect for what you are wanting.

here is a link to the sephora page where you can find the product beautylovingirl is talking about : Tarte emphaseyes Inner Rim Brightener in Nude 

http://www.sephora.com/emphaseyes-inner-rim-brightener-P278605?skuId=1306729 

Rimmel makes a great dupe for it as well (I had a hard time justifying $19 for an eye pencil that is nude so I picked this up and it does the trick).  Rimmel Scandaleyes waterprood pencil in #005 Nude. You can get it for like $4 at Walmart Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
Photos2
  • swfupload_5277243589389130777.jpg
  • swfupload_7869563960080619893.jpg