pinkwine11
Accepted Solution

Matte Eyeshadow & Eye Pencil to highlight inner corners of the Eye

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello!

My complexion is fair to medium with neutral to yellow undertones. I use the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation (Shell).

Please recommend a matte eye shadow to highlight the inner corners of the eyes. My issue is that some eye shadows look too white/powdery, some look too pinky, and some look too yellow. I am finding it hard to get the perfect shade. I was also wondering if the Urban Decay Eden Primer might serve this purpose.

I am also looking for an eyeliner to line the inner corners and make the eyes look defined. Again, white is looking too artificial and I don't want to use yellow or silver.

I am an Urban Decay fan, so I would love suggestions from their line or eye shadows and pencils. I also like the Sephora Collection.

Thanks!

pinkwine11

Re: Matte Eyeshadow & Eye Pencil to highlight inner corners of the Eye

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the wonderful tips!!! I am going to check out Foxy from Urban Decay and Call My Buff from Benefits.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@roxystar4- Thanks for finishing that out I got in a hurry when I was typing that and didn't finish:smileyhappy:

PurpleShampoo

(0) Hearts

I'm a fan of Urban Decay "Foxy" eyeshadow for the inner corner and for a brow bone highlight. It's matte and has a slight yellow undertone but not overpowering. You can find it in the Naked2 palette or you can buy it on its own. Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

beautytester

(0) Hearts

Another vote for Tarte, if that's too skinny/tip too tiny for you, try Stila Kajal liner in Topaz, which is what I have and I'm loving it.

I'm not quite sure what kind of shadow you are looking for (almost sounds like you are looking for a concealer/foundation), but you might be interested in checking out some shades in Naked Basics, or use a concealer/highlighter like YSL touche eclat?

keelybt

Good call Beautylovingirl!  I love that Tarte EmphasEYES™ Inner Rim Brightener.  It is a very natural shade that brightens without looking white.

swfupload_5277243589389130777.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/emphaseyes-inner-rim-brightener-P278605?skuId=1306729

For the eyshadow, I think something like Benefit Longwear Powder Shadow Call My Buff would work well for your coloring if you want to keep it subtle.

swfupload_7869563960080619893.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/longwear-powder-shadow-P378282?skuId=1490481

mafan

(0) Hearts

I don't think that the eden primer is going to do what you want.  I'm using up a tube right now and it matches my light complexion pretty well.  It wouldn't highlight my eyes at all.  And if you're wearing other shadow I think you'd have a very hard time getting it where you want. 

I'm not sure what shadow to recommend; I have some that I like but they're in palettes, and I can't seem to find them sold individually.

beautylovingirl

Tarte  has an inside brightening pencil that would be perfect for what you are wanting.

roxystar4

here is a link to the sephora page where you can find the product beautylovingirl is talking about : Tarte emphaseyes Inner Rim Brightener in Nude 

http://www.sephora.com/emphaseyes-inner-rim-brightener-P278605?skuId=1306729 

Rimmel makes a great dupe for it as well (I had a hard time justifying $19 for an eye pencil that is nude so I picked this up and it does the trick).  Rimmel Scandaleyes waterprood pencil in #005 Nude. You can get it for like $4 at Walmart :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • beautytester
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • pinkwine11
    • beautylovingirl