heathery123

Mascara Smudge Problems

Hello! I have tried MANY mascaras - Dior Blackout, Benefit they're real, Bare minerals voluminousness mascara, Lancome Hypnoses Star, MAC plush lash... ETC. I am looking for a mascara that will NOT smudge, I often get black lines on my eyes just below my brows from my mascara, it is awful.

Can you recommend a few mascaras for no smudges and doll like, plush lashes? thanks!

newermexico

Re: Mascara Smudge Problems

(0) Hearts

@keelybt, thank you!

keelybt

@Newermexico I recommend trying Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat.  It is a clear topcoat that will waterproof any mascara you have on.

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat

http://www.sephora.com/lash-genius-waterproof-topcoat-P310204?skuId=1401868

newermexico

(0) Hearts

Try this, do your eyes, the last thing...use waterproof clear mascara as a sealer over your regular mascara...Sephora use to sell a sealer just for your smudge problem.

Today, for this reason- I asked on this advice board, what was the best clear mascara and why, never got an answer of any brand...

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

waterproof mascara helps & making sure your lid is not oily (certain moisturizers/concealers make smudging WAY worse for me if I use them). I agree with kd006 about trying a primer

kd006

(0) Hearts

In all of the mascaras you did not mention any waterproof mascaras... That would be my first recommendation. I love Diorshow waterproof. But, do you use an eyelid primer? Even if you aren't wearing eyeshadow, you could still wear a primer and that just helps me since i have very oily eyelids, it keeps everything mattified so I don't get smudgy. Nars smudgeproof eyeshadow base is seriously the best one on the market.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

One of the biggest tips I have is to look partially down for a good minute or two after you've applied your mascara- that allows the formula time to set without smudging.

ShimmerDust

(0) Hearts

Ever try Maybelline Lots of Lashes? :smileywink:

heathery123

(0) Hearts

no! will have to try, great value i have heard - especially on the falsies

slandry

(0) Hearts

swfupload_624024941701397510.jpg

I generally have the same problem but have been loving Guerlain Maxi Lash

heathery123

(0) Hearts

Aweseom!! Thank you!

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

I use benefit they're real and they never smudge on me, unless I cry really hard :smileywink:

melde

(0) Hearts

I hate smudges too! :smileysad:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi heathery123,

I'm a fan of doll-like lashes myself, so I know the look you're aiming for. I really like Dior's Extase mascara. It's not too wet or too dry, and leaves your lashes supple for a natural appeal. I've never had any problems with it smudging or flaking. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
heathery123

(0) Hearts

Hi Janine,

I got this mascara but am having a tricky time with the brush! I almost have the time of it I think. How do you apply? Thank you!

Heather

melissabt

Hi Heathery123,

I have the extase mascara and I like to apply it to the middle, base and ends of my lashes. It helps to look down into the mirror so you can see your lashes better! Wiggle the wand at the root for more volume:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
heathery123

(0) Hearts

do you use waterproof or no? :smileyhappy:

heathery123

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much! I will have to try!

WhereYouStand

[ Edited ]

Plastic Spoon trick.jpg

I don't have any suggestions for doll like lashes though I did see this trick as A Pin on Pinterest try using a plastic spoon so you don't get mascara on your skin. I haven't tried it yet but I've been meaning to. I hope this helps until you find the mascara your looking for :smileyhappy:

0f38db36951c631d98ce5415328e0487.jpg

here's another mascara Trick I found on pinterest hold an old credit or business card above upper lashes and wiggle the brush away back and forth at the roots. This applies a thick layer of dark color at the lash line, eliminating the need for liner.

the702diva

(0) Hearts

Try Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes along with the Primer.

heathery123

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • tylersmom