latinadiva

Mascara JUNKIE!

So I admit. I'm a huge mascara junkie. I mean huge. My makeup obsession is bad as it is, multiply that by about 100 and that is my obsession with mascara. I will always, always, always be on the hunt for the perfect mascara. That being said, I don't often buy high end mascaras. For one thing, with how many mascaras I buy it would obviously get awfully costly, but also I just don't often find they work much better than the $6 drugstore kinds. THAT being said, there are tons of new high ends ones coming out and I really am struggling not to get them all!! I know I don't need like 3-4 new mascaras at like +/-$20 a price tag. I was curious to see if anyone has tried them and can weigh in on how they perform! The ones I've had my eye on are the new Bare Minerals Lash Domination, the MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara and the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara (I'm not sure I'll be able to resist this purely for the name...) Has anyone used these????

PoshDarling

Re: Mascara JUNKIE!

(0) Hearts

@lolo - Your lashes look amazing! I have Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara on my Loves list, and now I am sold! Definitely going to pick up the Tarte primer to accompany it, thanks to your recommendation!

gigisd

(0) Hearts

Too Faced's "Better Than Sex" mascara came off as spiky and artificial on me (evidently I'm among the few, as it has a very high rating).  I thought it would be the answer to my dreams! The same came be said of MUFE's "Smoky Extravagant," although it was more natural (please consider that I have auburn hair, very fair skin, and virtually non-existent lashes).  I like Bare Minerals mascaras in general; they remain soft and pliable while giving volume and length.  I also like Benefit's "They're Real!" quite a bit and their "BADgal Lash Mascara."  Also high on my list is Lancome's "Definicils" (particularly for length) and their "Hypnose Star" varieties, which give long, lush, curled lashes.  I surely hope that helps you.  I'm ALWAYS looking for a better mascara . . .

mkupgk

I haven't worn mascara for a few months now lol

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Thanks Dolls :smileyhappy: I really hope it works just as well for you all <3

lolo01

IMG_20130705_2-1-1.jpg

Just so you get an idea....im wearing Tarte's EmphasEYES primer with Too Faced Better than sex on the left eye and nothing on the right :smileyhappy:

mkupgk

Omg it looks like your wearing falsies.  

lolo01

(0) Hearts

I wish girl! @mkupgk I cant apply lashes to save my life lol..

kenny

Wow, I'm sold. *hustles off to Sephora*

latinadiva

holy banana sandwich!!

laurabt

@Lolo01- Oooh, your lashes look beautiful!  I'll definitely have to check out that combo.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

poshified

Holy smokes! I WISH my lashes were like yours!

sephoralovex

Wow your lashes look GOOD!!! I just may have to try the TooFaced Mascara soon! I'm currently trying out the Lancome Cils Booster XL mascara base, if it doesn't work out for me I'll def try the tarte one.

Meg82

WOW.  That is a dramatic difference.  I am putting both that primer and that mascara on my to-try list

lolo01

I can personally vouch for the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara.. Its my new favorite... I can see the difference right away and the hourglass shaped wand really does the trick! If you order something use the free promo so you can sample it... :smileyhappy: Hope you like as much as I did...

(PROMO CODE)

*VIBBETTER: Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara (0.17 oz) $14.50

latinadiva

Good to know you've liked it! I was leaning toward that one specifically because of the three brands, I've had decent luck with the Too Faced mascaras. Not that MUFE or Bare Minerals mascaras have been god awful for me, just that Too Faced usually gives me more of the look I'm going for. As far as I'm concerned, the bigger the better for lashes. 

dianabt

Hi Latinadiva,

While I haven't yet gotten the chance to try these mascaras they have great reviews and feedback from clients! Keep in mind that you are welcome to return any items you're unhappy with as well! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • kenny
    • sephoralovex
    • dianabt
    • gigisd
    • poshified