clddrake

Mascara For Thin, Short Lashes!

Hey beauties! I have really short, thin lashes that literally droop down. I need a mascara that thickens and gives a long feathery look. Dryer formulas are best, but I need a mascara that will last at least 3 months since I don't have the biggest budget.
Ginn

Re: Mascara For Thin, Short Lashes!

(0) Hearts

I'm in the same boat! I've noticed that waterproof mascaras (because of the ingredient, isodecane) tend to be drier and so they'll hold the curl better. I use japonesque eyelash curler with makes sure I get even the tiniest lashes in the corner. Most people don't like it though because it's small in width and have to basically do it in sections.

sweetmandy

(0) Hearts

I have similar lashes and FairyDrops Scandal Queen mascara does wonders for my lashes! It is the only mascara I've used that has been able to hold a curl to my pin straight lashes.  I highly recommend trying it!

progilbert

Hey doll

Which ever mascara you choose from, you must give this a try. You can use it either before or after your mascara. It will help curl and keep the curl in place while preventing the lashes from drooping. 

P303604_hero.jpg

DiorShow Heat Curl Heating Lash Curler
What it is:
A heating lash curler inspired by the backstage techniques of Dior fashion shows for lashes with infinite curves. 

What it does:
This lash curler can be used on bare lashes to prep for mascara application, or after mascara is applied to thin the mascara formula and perfectly coat every lash for even application. The results: enhanced lash curve and perfect, long-lasting hold. 

What else you need to know:
This curler optimizes the lash care action of some Diorshow mascaras.

makeupobesessed

Oh, I think I'm going to have to try that Dior heat curler. I've tried many and they never work. I end up returning them. I use the Tarte curler I received as a gift in a gift set of masacaras and my favorite mascara is Benefits Badgal lash. The fat wand is the best.
dreezy

Hi there, I have short and thin lashes that droop down as well! I would definitely recommend using an eyelash curler before you put on any mascara. I use the Bobbi Brown curler. Start at the base of your lashes and then work your way to the ends. This will give you a nice bend to your lashes. Then apply two coats of mascara to your top lashes and one coat to your bottom lashes. I recommend: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! or Benefit Cosmetics They're Real mascara.

mabemart

I like Benefit's "are they real" mascara-- I have small eyes.  I do curl them first with tarte's eye lash curler.

clddrake

Thanks so much for the replies! I've heard that Dior uses powder in their mascara, so it's dryer than regular mascara, but I'm not sure if that's true. If it does contain powder, would it last as long as say, the Buxom mascara? Also, would Make Up For Ever be a good mascara, because the reviews say it's very good, so would it be a good canidate? Are there any ways to make a dried out mascara wetter, like putting water or olive oil in it?

keelybt

Hi Clddrake.  I think you would like Buxom Lash Mascara. It will lift, lengthen and grabs every lash for maximum fullness. To make sure you get the longest life out of your mascara, don't pump the wand.  If you want to apply more mascara, just put the wand back in and twist.  Pumping forces air into the tube which will dry out your mascara.
Buxom Lash Mascara

clddrake

Does the Buxom Lash mascara give a feathery look because I like the look of soft, feathery lashes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • progilbert
    • mabemart
    • clddrake
    • sweetmandy
    • makeupobesessed