HannaF

Makeup Forever HD Vs. Matte Velvet

(0) Hearts

Hi, so my homecoming is coming up soon and it is my first homecoming, so I want to look good ahha! i am torn between the HD or the matte velvet by makeup forever. I have heard a lot of people say that the hd has not that good of coverage and after a little bit just looks like you have nothing on and i have heard nothing but good reviews for the matte velvet. SO what do i do?!?!

CzaCee

Re: Makeup Forever HD Vs. Matte Velvet

I suggest you go for the Mat Velvet so you won't have to retouch and retouch. Then, use the HD powder on top of it. That should be nice. And oh, don't forget to bring blotting sheets. and of course, have fun girl! :smileyhappy:

brittieeee

(0) Hearts

It seems like you want a little heavier coverage, then I would suggest to go with Mat Velvet. You are correct that the HD is a little more natural looking in that it is more of a dewy finish and semi-matte coverage. If you wanted a little lighter, natural finish then go with HD. As Mat Velvet It is a heavier coverage it covers imperfections better, and lasts longer than HD. If you want a more heavier coverage with a matte finish then go with Mat Velvet.  The HD Setting powder is good to use on top of your foundation as well as it will make your makeup last longer and reduce shine.

Both are very good foundations - just make sure you sample in-store first to get your correct color shade.  Make Up For Ever has a large shade range, which is great, but it can also be a little tricky to find the right shade- as a sales associate to help match you!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I second the sampling idea! Always a good option to try out new things, ESPECIALLY foundation!

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Matte Velvet for sure!! :smileyhappy: Amazing coverage

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • brittieeee
    • lolo01
    • HannaF
    • CzaCee