Answer
kimberly715
Make up for blue green eyes that defy typical color rules

I have blue green eyes that appear blue to a lot of folks until I begin searching for eye makeup.  Browns make me look tired and purples tend to be unflattering.  I have brunette hair.  Help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered

Hi kimberly715, 

Have you tried using a colored eyeliner and skipping the colored shadow altogether? When in doubt, I always recommend a neutral base shade all over the lid (a soft taupe or gold or pink always works) and line your eyes with a black, dark brown or grey liner and throw a bit of a colored liner in with it too. I like to use the brighter color on the lower lash line, or mix a bit onto the outer corner of the top lash line. I think a bright shade with a bit more of a shimmer or sheen would really bring out the shade in your eyes, like a pretty emerald green or turquoise, brighter purple, or a copper shade that is not too dark brown but has a more golden pop of color to contrast nicely with your eyes!

Urban Decay and Sephora Collection make some GREAT pencils..

Urban Decay 24-7 Glide on Pencils

Flipside

Graffiti

Ransom

Lucky

Sephora Collection Jumbo 12 HR

#10  Green

#14 Violet

product image

You can still wear blues and greens, just make sure they are a good contrast from your eye color to give you a definite pop of color and make the eyes appear more striking. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • projill
    • dianabt
    • kimberly715