Make up for blue green eyes that defy typical color rules

I have blue green eyes that appear blue to a lot of folks until I begin searching for eye makeup.  Browns make me look tired and purples tend to be unflattering.  I have brunette hair.  Help!

You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation

Hi kimberly715, 

Have you tried using a colored eyeliner and skipping the colored shadow altogether? When in doubt, I always recommend a neutral base shade all over the lid (a soft taupe or gold or pink always works) and line your eyes with a black, dark brown or grey liner and throw a bit of a colored liner in with it too. I like to use the brighter color on the lower lash line, or mix a bit onto the outer corner of the top lash line. I think a bright shade with a bit more of a shimmer or sheen would really bring out the shade in your eyes, like a pretty emerald green or turquoise, brighter purple, or a copper shade that is not too dark brown but has a more golden pop of color to contrast nicely with your eyes!

Urban Decay and Sephora Collection make some GREAT pencils..

Urban Decay 24-7 Glide on Pencils

Sephora Collection Jumbo 12 HR

#10  Green

#14 Violet

product image

You can still wear blues and greens, just make sure they are a good contrast from your eye color to give you a definite pop of color and make the eyes appear more striking. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation