Answer
adamantlyandrea
Make Up for a Teal Dress

I have a dark teal dress for NYE (http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265670216206&c=Page&cid=1321713097858&pagenam... in Mistletoe) and I'm trying to figure out what eyeshadow/makeup would look good with it. It's just a house party, so I don't want something too over the top, but I don't want something day-to-day either. I have blue eyes, light/fair skin, and dark brown hair. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello there adamantlyandrea, 

What a gorgeous dress that is, the color will really make your eyes stand out! I have a few shirts and dresses that color as well and what's great is that it is suitable for nearly any color, but is especially flattering with a brown smokey eye (that will also complement your eyes nicely!) without camouflaging the blue in your eyes.

Try using a light brown shade all over the lid and follow up with a darker brown in the crease (as well as slightly smudged under the lower lashline and on top), either before or after a matching liner. Follow with a volumizing mascara and a soft pink or nude gloss and you will be set! This will definitely enhance the color of your dress but without making you look too over the top and colorful.

Light/Neutral Brown shades

Stila Eyeshadow Dune

Dune

Puppy

Puppy

Wheat

Wheat

Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow

Fawn

Fawn

Dark Shadows

Stila Shadow Coco

Coco

Twig

Twig

Lancome Color Design Mochachino

Mochaccino

Lancome Hypnose Mascara

HYPNÔSE - Custom Volume Mascara

Benefit They're Real Mascara

DiorShow Extase Mascara

Liners should be applied in the waterline for a bit more of a dramatic look as well as a thin line on the tops of your eyes, feel free to wing the line out for a cat eye or just blend into your lashes for the illusion of a thicker lash:

Nars Eye Liner Pencil

Clinique Quickliner for Eyes

You can always follow up with a sparkly or colorful liner under the smokey line on the lower lash. Try a shimmery gold highlight, a very soft teal blue, or even just a plain gold glitter liner:

Sephora Collection 

Stila Glitter Liner

Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner

Follow up with a soft pink or nude gloss:

Lancome Juicy Tubes Rose Fishnets

JUICY TUBES ROSE FISHNETS

Nars Larger Than Life Lipgloss

Gold Digger

Gold Digger

Piree

Pirée

Spring Break