Answer
morgan21
Make-Up for Teens

Hey guys, I was wondering what you would suggest face-wise for a thirteen year old at a Catholic school.  We wanna keep it natural, but she's old enough to start wearing makeup.  What do you think as far as eyes and skin?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tiffanybt
Answered

Hi morgan21.  There are many brands that appeal to 13 year olds in terms of having fun packaging and/or being Natural so it doesn't irritate their skin.  Choosing makeup for her will depend on her comfort level of applying eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.  The easiest to apply from all mentioned are mascaras and lip glosses.  I would start her out with a basic mascara and lip gloss.

FUNPACKAGING - Hello Kitty, Tokidoki, Stila, Tarina Tarantino, Urban Decay, and Benefit Cosmetics   

NATURAL - Josie Maran, Tarte, Bare Escentuals

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

This mascara is not only all natural, but it also contains ingredients to promote healthy  and voluminous lashes! (Only comes in black)

tarte.jpg

Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Brown Mascara

The deep brown allows your lashes to become defined without looking overly dramatic.  This mascara will help enhance her lashes.  You didn't mention her skintone so depending on her hair color and complexion this mascara may not make any difference and may not show through her lashes (if dark brown or black).

benefit.jpg

Tarina Tarantino Lip Gloss Fashion Collection

On sale for $5, this lip gloss is the perfect addition to any make-up bag!

TT.jpg

Hello Kitty Sweet Gloss

If her school is anything like mine when I was her age, I would choose this sweet gloss over the other lip gloss.  I'm not sure how strict her school is with make-up, but this gloss will give her the perfect pop of color without the stickiness and sheen of a lip gloss.

HK.jpg 

Buxom Leslie Lashes Out

This combination set includes a travel sized mascara and lip gloss! Perfect for her school bag and a great way to see if she's comfortable applying mascara and using the buxom lip gloss.

buxom.jpg

I also recommend searching our SALE section for great steals! 

Cheers,

Tiffany

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • tiffanybt
    • morgan21
Photos5
  • tarte.jpg
  • benefit.jpg
  • HK.jpg