voxxie

Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow or Anastasia Pomades?

I've been interested in picking up a brow product but been torn between the two! Both are priced the same (at least in Canada, $24). Which one do you prefer and would you recommend? Thank you :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

Re: Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow or Anastasia Pomades?

(0) Hearts

I'd go with Anastasia because eyebrows are her business. She is well know as the ''eyebrow guru' to many celebrities and has an excellent reputation. She's branched out and is making other products but when it comes to all things brows, "She's the Man!" :smileytongue:

That would be my choice, hands down, without a doubt. I hope you try her products and love them. I should say that I hope you love whatever products you try... rude. :smileyhappy:

Something you might like to try is Anastasia's Hyper Color Brow and Lash Tint, You get a colored mascara/brow tint and a waterproofing top coat. I Love the Ultra-Violet option, I have green eyes and the right color aubergine/purple-ish color mascara looks Amazing on me, It's hard for people to actually tell what's different when I use it, they just say Wow! Your eyes look so green tonight - so, I know it works. Having the Waterproof Top coat is nice, only tried it 2x so far. Don't know if I'd use the violet or pink tint on my brows, okay, I take that back....I do know that I definitely would not use the tints on my brows, that's just me. You should be able to use the Waterproofing product on your brows as well, you might want to check that out. Best of luck, hope you find your HG of brow products. Hope you'll come back and let us know how it goes. :smileyhappy:

annonymous1

Dipbrow is incredible, its much easier to use then aqua brow, my friends say it dries very patchy and ashy but i personally use dipbrow and it stays mousse-like and true to color all day, its very easy to work with. 

divagirl90

I will use Anastasia's Dipbrow for as long as I live! I get weird flaky dry patches on my brows for some reason when I use the brow powder or Brow Wiz on their own. I haven't had that problem with the Dipbrow and it lasts a long time! I don't have to touch up or anything. A little goes a long way. I recommend using Anastasia's #12 brow brush with it. I'm SO glad that I brought it and will repurchase (both the Dipbrow and a backup of the brush).

I've never tried the MUFE one though.

mberteig

I got a sample of the dipbrow the last time I was in my local store and I just love it!  

It only takes a tiny bit and it does last all day.  Right after you apply, you do have some time to clean up the edges before it dries down, I use a damp cotton swab for this purpose.  

I also use a tip that another BTer posted, dip your brush in a tiny amount of the product, then swirl it around in the lid of the container to disperse it evenly, then apply.  That way it is easier to avoid those dark blobs, haha!  

I already went and bought the full size product.  I used to use powder and set it with gel, but I like this better since it is a one-step product and it lasts longer.

nikki

Dipbrow. Very natural looking and lasting. Makes brows look amazing! Easy to use, even if you are a brow noob. A little bit goes a long way.

I've never tried the MUFE though. 

kso1225

There's a review for dipbrow that describes it as aqua brow without the mess and I couldn't agree more.  I really didn't find aqua brow very messy because i just squeezed a tiny dot on the back of my hand and used that, but I still had to wash it off my hand and it was hard to remove.  It became my more high maintenance routine and I waited to get dipbrow because I thought it would be very similar to aqua brow. 

I actually think dipbrow you can get a more natural look with dipbrow, perhaps because of the texture.  You can go for very defined brows if you use a bit more and draw the outline, or you can just apply it in strokes over your brows for a very natural look.  I use it with the Anastasia #12 brush and couldn't be happier with it.

One other note - I think it's easier to find a color match with dipbrow. I have two aqua brow shades and neither really match - one is too warm and one is a bit too dark.  I purchased dark brown in dipbrow thinking it would be far too dark, but if you use a tiny bit it actually looks like a lighter brown, which means it can work for a variety of brown shades.  I'm still going to pick up blonde because I'm thinking it might be a good match with less risk for over applying.

voxxie

Wow, thank you! That's a really thorough explanation and comparison of the two! I have always wondered about the application with MUFE's Aqua Brow too! I was initially hesitant about the dipbrow as I was afraid that it would dry out before i get a chance to finish it; also it seems that there's more product in the MUFE one (0.23 oz vs 0.14oz for Anastasia) for the same price :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

Every time I look at the aqua brow, I just can't justify how messy it would be, you'd be better off with the pomade :smileyhappy:

voxxie

Ahhh! Thank you - I think that's a very valid reason too!

Kiki1517

Anastasia hands down. I returned MUFE. While it serves the purpose, it just inconvenient. It comes in a tube, so you have to squeeze it onto your hand or a palette and it dries up very quickly, meaning if you aren't quick enough, it will be very tough to blend.

voxxie

Oh that is very good to know! I didn't know that about the MUFE formula - thank you! That makes the decision process a lot easier :smileyhappy:

btmod2

Hi voxxie,

I think they are both great products but I prefer the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomades. I like that the Pomades are more conveniently packaged than the Make Up For Ever. I think the Make Up For Ever are very long lasting and are great quality but the Dipbrow is a little easier to apply for me and I like the packaging more.

Best,

Randee

voxxie

(0) Hearts

Thank you! It seems like a great majority prefer the pomades because of the packaging! Thank you for your input :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • mberteig
    • annonymous1
    • kssweetheart
    • kso1225