Answer
sugarpot
MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation How-To

I recently purchased Mat Velvet + and I'm having trouble applying it.

I've tried buffing it with the Sephora brush #56  and I've tried using a regular flat foundation brush but it ended up looking streaky and uneven. Then I tried applying it with my fingers, patting and blending, but my pores just sucked up the foundation and I felt like I had to use way too much of it to get the full coverage look.

I've tried it with an oil-free hydrating primer underneath, as well as Hourglass' Mineral Veil and Givenchy's Mister Mat but I just haven't found a primer that works with it. What type of primer works best with Mat Velvet + ??

Also, I have combination skin...I like the staying power of this foundation but it doesn't apply so well on my dry patches (even though I moisturize!). I need guidance because I do like Mat Velvet+, the shade I bought matches my skin to perfection, I've never had a foundation match this well.  PLEASE HELP!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
AshleySanders11
Answered

Ive personally found that if you exfoliate  every night it will help the dry patches a lot. 

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi sugarpot,

I agree that you need to exfoliate and moisturize your skin as best as you can. Try using a standard primer, maybe one that IS hydrating and will keep your foundation looking smooth. I like to use a buffing brush to apply the foundation and then a sponge to sort of blend and smooth it over. :smileyhappy: I hope that can help!

Stila Hydrating Primer (oil free) would be great for your combo skin since it will hydrate those dry patches but wont make the dry or oily parts worse:

Stila - Hydrating Primer Oil-Free SPF 30

Or you can try the Kat Von D Rehab Priming Elixir which works to keep the skin smooth but hydrates the areas that need the hydration:

Kat Von D - Rehab Priming Elixir

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • sugarpot
    • AshleySanders11