erinmarie9

Looking for an awesome eye cream!

I'm 29 and looking for a fab eye cream!  I'm just starting to get wrinkles, my eyes seem to look a little heavy and I have dark circles (due to lack of sleep!) - I also want something that I can use day and night.  Any suggestions??

BrennaBombshell

Re: Looking for an awesome eye cream!

I fully agree with you, Urbie! You want to get a cream specifically formulated for the eye area. And the reason why you receive such a small amount of product is because you don't need a lot for that area. Face creams are always going to be larger because you have your whole face to cover. Your eye area is small, and you don't want to apply it heavily anyway, or it will come off being greasy. 

I used to think I could just use a face cream all over and be good, but through sweating, blinking, etc as you mentioned, it would get in my eyes and burn. No one wants red eyes! 

aviscardi

Actually Paula's Choice doesn't believe in eye creams either, she states the same that you can use a cream on your face and eyes.  I have not done this only because i use oils at night so i never actually have cream

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I'm not familiar with that brand. It's just another case of different strokes I guess. 

jojobe

I really wish you would stop dishing out PC advice here. If she wanted advice from PC she would have obviously went to PC's website and read it for herself. She is looking for other advice. 

Urbie

aviscardi- interesting!  I definitely don't agree with Paula's Choice on this (I also feel like a lot of her reviews are biased towards her own products), mostly from personal experience.  When I was younger, I used to just just the same products near my eyes, and I would always, always wake up in the middle of the night thinking that I had pink eye- my eyes would be swollen, red, and running with tears.  Once I switched over to using products actually formulated for my eyes, it doesn't happen anymore!  

aviscardi

i think it really depends on your sensitivity to certain products. if its a lighter cream for hydrating and isn't too thick or contain fragrance than you should be fine. 

The only thing i have from her is her CLEAR reg strength anti redness exfoliating toner, and its helped a lot

Urbie

Very true!  So, I guess then the take away is: don't assume you can use a face product near your eyes, but it is possible for some people!

I just got a ton of samples from Paula's Choice for a full face regimen- I'm planning an experiment where I am gonna try them out for as long as they last and see if they are actually better than all the stuff that I usually use that she reviews badly. :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

@Urbie, I hope you'll let us know how her products worked out for you. :smileyhappy:

Urbie

(0) Hearts

Will do!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • marydiva