erinmarie9

Looking for an awesome eye cream!

I'm 29 and looking for a fab eye cream!  I'm just starting to get wrinkles, my eyes seem to look a little heavy and I have dark circles (due to lack of sleep!) - I also want something that I can use day and night.  Any suggestions??

btmod2

Re: Looking for an awesome eye cream!

(0) Hearts

Hi erinmarie9,

I recommend trying Philosophy's Eye Hope Multitasking Eye Cream For Dark Circles, Puffiness & Lines. Just like the name suggests, this eye cream really does it all! It can be used day and night and really helps to diminish dark circles, reduce puffiness, and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I too also agree with everyone on the Shiseido and Origins eye cream. I didn't like the Origins as much but I am finishing it up just to be done with it.

My favorite eye cream is the Algenist one: http://www.sephora.com/complete-eye-renewal-balm-P282938?skuId=1328855.

It is quite expensive so I picked it up during the VIB 20% off sale. It is super hydrating (my eye area is always so dry), it is creamy but not heavy feeling, and you can wear it both AM and PM and on your lids as well!

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I liked Origins GinZing for eyes but I didn't Love it. I didn't like the way my concealer looked or how it wore when used with Ginzing, maybe this is something that would be good for night time or if you don't need concealer. 

I Love Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream, love it day & night, with and without concealer.

I've been using Murad Instant Radiance Eye Cream, it helped me with a dry patch on my lid and is safe for the eyelid, you just want to make sure you don't get it close to your actual eye, especially if you wear eyeliner. I got a small trial size of this product and think it's not as fluid as I like, not sure if it's always like this, the texture surprised me and isn't great for my under eye area if using concealer. It is rather pricey and I'd really like to somehow get my hands on another sample of it, just to see if the consistency is any different. I know I could just purchase one and return it if I don't like it, but I'm Notoriously Terrible and fear I would be a lame & lazy girl and not return it if I didn't like it. I'm a dope -but, I own it and am working on it.

Hope this helped a bit, I'll try to find those threads I mentioned in 2 previous posts, again, please pm me with a reminder, just in case I don't get back to you, okay? I always have the best intentions, but 'stuff' often seems to get in my way. Thanks erinmarie - I hope we can steer you towards the perfect product. :smileyhappy:

marydiva

Hey erinmarie! :smileyhappy:

Here are the creams/gels I use! :smileyhappy:

At night, I use Ole Henrickson Eye Lift Gel PM. I love the cooling sensation and after a month or so of use I can tell my dark circles are fading. I wake up bright-eyed looking! :smileyhappy:

During the day, I use Origin's Eye Doctor Cream. It's creamy, hydrating and I love the way it feels. :smileyhappy: 

Have you considered an eye treatment or mask? GlamGlow makes a great eye mask. I have puffy eyes from allergies and it totally helped de-puff me! It's expensive, so I'd definitely try and get a sample of it. :smileyhappy: Good luck in your quest!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I also really like Ole Henrickson Eye Lift Gel and the glamglow mask!  I see a noticable difference when I use both of these products, which is rare with eye products!

Urbie

Hi erinmarie9- I'm an eye cream addict!  You may have to play around with different creams to find the exact right one for you.  I've tried the Shisheido and Origins creams mentioned by rdesigns and jellybean since they are both highly recommended by many people here on BT.  Both worked pretty well on my skin, but had some downsides for me.  Shisheido was a little too heavy for me, and never seemed to fully absorb, so I could only use it as a night cream.  Origins is nice for morning only, although it does have a tint and some "sparkle" to it, so if that is something that bothers you, it might not be the best choice.

I'll throw my two favorite creams!  Both are by Murad, and I use them together, although you can use them alone as well. Both can be used AM and PM  The first one to try out is the Murad Hydrodynamic eye cream.  It really hydrated the area around the eye for the whole day, and absorbs completely into the skin, so it can be worn under makeup.  Since the first wrinkles you will start to see are mostly due to dehydration, this is a great product to try first and see if it helps.

If that isn't fixing/helping the dark circles though, you may want to add in Murad's Resurgence eye cream.  It is pricey, but it really really helps to clear up dark circles.  I layer it underneath the Hydrodynamic cream mornng and night.

If you are interested in trying out the Murad creams, the company will usually mail you some deluxe samples to try out!  Just go to their website, and email them using the "contact us" form.  Explain your skincare concerns, and mention that you were recommended the two eye creams and would like to try them out to make sure that they work for your skin.  They usually are pretty good about sending out some samples to try!

rdesigns

Many people of different age groups seem to like Shiseido Benefiance.  I personally love it, it is one of the few eye creams that I have reordered multiple times.  It works very well for me under makeup.  At night, I use Obagi's Elastiderm (the texture doesn't work well with makeup for me, so it is something I use before going to bed). HTH

http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-intensive-eye-contour-cream-P173620?skuId=1408202

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

I'm a Huge advocate of eye cream. Products formulated for the eye area are very different then those made for the rest of the face. A serum is not completely necessary when you're younger, but it doesn't hurt either. If you don't have a lot of lines then you could skip that for now. I'd say you find a good eye cream or two and then experiment with serums. (serums go on first, whether it's for the eye area, face or neck - then you follow up with a cream or moisturizer)

It's super important to use sunscreen too, this has not always been easy since few eye creams contained SPF. There are more & more coming out these days, Ole Henricksen CC Eye Cream has SPF & some concealing properties, I haven't tried this yet (well, I did one time but I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, it's on my future sample/buy list) You could also use something like Bare Minerals Foundation & Mineral Veil with SPF, that's sometimes easier, you have to be really careful not to get eye cream too close to and into your eye, especially if they contain SPF. The powder mineral form is a good option and can be easily reapplied throughout the day.

I wrote a couple of posts a while back about eye creams - I'll try to find them for you. If you don't hear from me within the next few days will you send me a PM to remind me? My brain isn't always that reliable. Thanks & talk to you soon. :smileyhappy:

rdesigns

ITA.  I have been using eye creams for well over 30 years, and I am sure glad I did!  I know other people in my age group (50+) who didn't use eye creams when they were younger, and they are sorry now because they have crow's feet, hard lines, major loss of elasticity, etc.  Most face creams make my eyes water if they get too close to my eyes, so I have always preferred a separate, eye area-specific product :smileywink:

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

I started using eye creams when I was about 18 yrs old and was able to afford it. A woman at a cosmetics counter told a then 13 year old me that I had under eye wrinkles! Can you believe that? I didn't have a single line, shadow or pore anywhere on my face, I was shocked. I do have to thank her though, if it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't have started with eye creams at such a young age. I do with they had formulas with SPF back then....I mean, when I started, 11 years ago. I recently had a period of about 18+ months when I wasn't using them religiously and I could start to see some unpleasant little changes.

**Most people I know laughed at me when I started using eye creams...they're not laughing now.....especially since when they laugh it makes their under eye wrinkles even more obvious! :smileysurprised: Yup, I said it. (sorry)

**I feel it was okay to say that since I see it on myself, I was on medication that puffed up my cheeks and one day when I was looking in the 23,000x magnifying mirror I happened to laugh at something on TV and saw those puffy cheeks making little lines. :smileysad: :smileysad: Excuse me for a minute while I try to compose myself *sniffle-sniffle* That's one side effect they don't warn you about.

Yes, eye creams should be mandatory. Neck creams too, although I haven't tried tons of things and really need to find a good fit for me, I didn't like the few things I tried (Stri-Vectin gave me a terrible rash - Cha-Ching!) I need to get more serious about that and sunscreen.

**possible laugh alert, I hope.

BrennaBombshell

I started using anti-aging products when I was about 15, and all my friends just laughed and laughed and laughed. Now I look at my lovely skin and their wrinkles, and guess who's laughing now? :smileyvery-happy: I don't think there's a too-early-to-start age for using that kind of skincare, as long as you've hit puberty so you aren't messing with your baby skin. 

rdesigns

A woman at a cosmetics counter told you when you were 13-years-old that you had wrinkles?  What a mental patient she was!  No wonder so many young women grow up with Body Dysmorphic Disorders.

ITA on the neck cream.  I really need to get serious about that - or wear scarves and turtlenecks for the rest of my life.

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

@rdesigns - Yes, can you Imagine that? I was floored. If you saw a picture of me then....well, you'd probably try to hunt her down & smack her. I don't know how or why someone would say something like that, makes no sense.People can really do a number on others, just so thoughtless. But, again, I have to thank her for getting me on the eye cream train.

I Know!!! I've got some Stri-Vectin if you want it! I have to find that lady at the cosmetics counter and get her to make a remark to the 2 of us about our wrinkly necks. (that maybe aren't yet wrinkly) Maybe that would motivate us. It worked before. :smileyhappy:

rdesigns

LOL @ the wrinkly necks/cosmetic counter, and, yes, I would have asked for that woman's head on a platter for suggesting that a girl of 13 had wrinkles. Sheesh.

I always use a sunblock on my neck when I leave the house (and if I am going to be spending the day out in the sun, I wear a wide-brimmed hat also), but I do not always take the time to put neck-specific products on each day.  I have never liked Stri-Vectin either.  I do like Clarins' body products, but I just don't always use them as often as I should.  I get lazy with a lot of the body products and prefer stuff I can use in the shower.  

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I wonder what that 'you have eye wrinkles' lady looks like now. She was a Lot older than me. I don't wish wrinkles on her though, that would be cruel. I really have to start wearing sunblock more often too, especially since I'm so white. I admire you for being able to wear a hat, some people can rock that look, I'm just not one of them. Ditto re; the scarves & turtlenecks you mentioned before. Scary. I've been really lazy too, it seems to go in phases, I just need to grow out of this phase or I'll wake up some morning and see my Grandmothers face in the mirror! Be afraid, be Very afraid. :smileytongue:

jellybean917

My suggestion would be the Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Antiwrinkle Eye Cream. It's easy to apply and found it helped my dark circles while being moisturizing. 0.51 oz is $42, but a little goes a long way. A travel size lasted me months.

I am currently using Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream, but it's not doing anything for my dark circles and is only moderately moisturizing. I won't be repurchasing.

I have also used the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream, which brightens dark circles a bit. It's not super moisturizing, but it's a great wake-up call to the eyes. I wouldn't use it at night though.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't waste an eye cream/serum simply because you can use a face serum or cream directly under your eyes. If you find a really good anti-wrinkle face cream/serum, use it under you eyes as well. Eye serums tend to be A LOT more expensive than face serums and you also get A LOT LESS product. Save money and buy a well formulated serum and just apply it all over your face and under your eyes. Most of the time, the ingredients are exactly the same (if it's from the same line)

For example, Olay has an a product called "regenerist eye lifting serum" and it retails for $21.99 and you get 0.5 fluid ounce. They have another product called "regenerist regenerating serum" which retails for the same price but you get 1.7 fluid ounces. Why spend $22 for 0.5 fluid ounce of product when you can spend the same amount of money and get more product? And the ingredients are almost identical. 

marydiva

I strongly disagree with this. It's dangerous to not follow product instructions. Eye creams are made with ingredients specifically for that area - products you use on your face can cause milia or irritation in the eye area. 

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@marydiva + Urbie  I'm with you. @andyhtrieu - I don't want you to feel ganged up on but I cannot sing the praises of eye creams loud enough. Ingredients do differ and the amount of ingredients will differ - even if the ingredients in some eye and face creams seem closely matched.

It's possible that you are just really lucky and can use face creams under your eyes. But I really don't recommend it. Short term results might seem okay, but long term results will be very different. You can usually feel the difference in texture between eye & face creams, and the more 'lush' eye creams are what will help your under eye area age more gracefully. There can be a higher risk of eye irritation with face creams used in that area. Even eye creams can do that, especially if they get to close to the eye and migrate into the eye, but as a rule, they are safer.

**I will say that I agree with you where price is concerned. The more expensive products aren't always the best and it's very easy to be seduced into purchasing the newest, cutting edge, ground breaking and usually more expensive products. I don't feel that someone very young has to go out and buy a $95.00 eye cream (unless he/she has major issues that warrant this) I don't like seeing younger people using ingredients that they don't yet need. We have to try and remember that ingredients that are deemed safe now, may be revealed as unsafe in the future. In general, I think the less 'stuff' in a product the better, people should only use what they Need to use. A 21 year old person buying a very pricey Perricone Cold Plasma Eye Cream really bothers me, someone so young shouldn't need that. I always advise to save your money and save hard-core ingredients for when you really need them. (didn't mean to single out perricone, it's just what came to mind)

I hope this was not upsetting to you *andyhtrieu*, it was not meant to be offensive or hurtful in any way. We all have our own opinions and experiences and your opinion is just as valid and important as mine is. Once you get to know me you will find that I am not one for confrontation and the thought of hurting someone just kills me. It's just that I feel so strongly about the eye cream issue. Started at 18 and glad I did. I do look forward to seeing you around. :smileyhappy:

Urbie

I have to strongly disagree with you on this.  Eye creams are specifically formulated for the area under your eye, which is thinner and more delicate.  Using a cream or serum formulated for the rest of your face might clog up your pores, causing milia, which you must see a dermatologist to extract because it is usually not safe to lance the skin aroudn your eyes at home.

Because creams that are placed around the eye area can often find their way into your eyes through blinking, rubbing, sweating, etc, it can also a good idea to find one that is opthamologist tested so that you don't end up with red, itchy, irritated eyes.

Just because the active ingredients in a product are similar or the same does not mean that the suspension is!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • marydiva
    • jojobe
    • aviscardi
    • kssweetheart
    • Missie772