meenisima

Looking for a sheer finishing/setting powder for oily skin

Hi BT! My current makeup quest is to finally find my perfect setting powder (preferably a cruelty-free brand). I have medium-tanned, oily skin. For going out or special occasion my line-up is: primer, tinted moisturizer, concealer, and my latest addition Cover FX's blotting powder to set my makeup. I debated between that and the matte setting powder, but got the blotting powder on a recommendation. After using it twice now, I'm not sure if I see a change in my oiliness so I'm wondering if I made the right choice.  I'm looking for something light and sheer. Since I'm a little bit darker, especially my summer color, I also worry that a translucent setting powder will make my skin look chalky. Should I have gone with the matte setting powder instead? Could anyone recommend another product for my skin type?

latinadiva

Re: Looking for a sheer finishing/setting powder for oily skin

I can't say I've found a setting powder that gets the job done for my medium/olive oily skin. I can however say that I tried the Cover FX Matte setting powder and also felt like I saw no difference in the oil control, so I wouldn't suggest switching from one to the other.

keelybt

Hi Meenisima  With translucent powders, a little bit goes a long way so as long as you aren't using too much it's shouldn't turn chalky on you. Which foundation and primer are you using? For a setting powder, I'd recommend trying Urban Decay DeSlick or Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder with PM20™. Both are cruelty free and great for reducing shine.

swfupload_7294295287294453891.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/de-slick-mattifying-powder-P210592?skuId=1498971

swfupload_7642533773758857114.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/smooth-operator-micronized-clay-finishing-powder-with-pm20-P266113?skuId=1261...

meenisima

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Keelybt. I was looking into both products, and also the Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder! I was a fan of the original Deslick in a Tube, however even using a tiny bit, the gel would dry and leave a white residue. For my primer I am trying Too Faced Primer and Poreless - Pure Oil-free Primer, followed by Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer. I'd definitely like to give your recommendations a try, would either be a good match to go with my primer and tinted moisturizer? Thank you for your advice!

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Yes!  Either would work perfectly with what you are using. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • meenisima
    • latinadiva
Photos2
  • swfupload_7294295287294453891.jpg
  • swfupload_7642533773758857114.jpg