veronica5154

Looking for a good cleanser,toner and moisturizer for oily and acne prone skin.

Hi,

I am 25 years old and my skin is very oily and prone to acne.I also have acne scars and pits on my face. I m getting married in other 2 months. Can you please suggest me with a good face routine for a glowing and a  scars free face. This will be of great help.

beautylovingirl

Re: Looking for a good cleanser,toner and moisturizer for oily and acne prone skin.

I would recommend that you go to a professional for skin care advise especially since you are getting married in 2 months. That way you can have glowing skin for your perfect day. Hope this helps!

Luxeface86

Re: Looking for a good cleanser,toner and moisturizer for oily and acne prone skin.

(0) Hearts

Hi Veronica,

A couple of suggestions: One is to get an exfoliation treatment. A chemical exfoliator is best, such as the REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Maskswfupload_1833063201259989335.jpg

*Use this 1-2 times a week. Start off with just once a week, and you'll have to be the judge of if you need it more than that, but I always think 1-2 times a week is a good number. 

Choose a serum for under your moisturizer that has high Vitamin C in it. One that I particularly love is Tarte's Maracuja Oil. I know oil sounds bad, but it made the BIGGEST difference in my skin. Obviously, everyone's results may vary... But, there are a lot of products out there with high vitamin C in them that would work for you as well. This has also helped immensely with controlling my oil. Somehow it has given me more balanced skin.swfupload_5701130902718713824.jpg

*Use this at night only. On clean skin, under your moisturizer OR mixed in with it. 3-4 drops should do the trick and don't forget to do your neck as well.

Lastly, a moisturizer...  A gel would be best for very oily skin. There are several options, but a great one would be Dr. Jart+'s Water Fuse Water-Sure Gel. Something with a high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid would be best as it works to plump your skin up. It will make your pitted scars less evident when you are moisturized properly. Use this AM/PM. 

swfupload_6372900052916970828.jpg

I'm not sure what you are using for a cleanser, so use whatever you like best. I think it's more important to invest in the things that will stay on your skin, so if you are on a budget, skimp on cleanser. I have found that Toners really don't work for me, but if they do for you, then I suggest using something gentle at first. 

Lastly, it's not the best idea to re-vamp your skincare regimen so close to your big day, so introduce your products one at a time. That way if anything negative happens, you should be able to pinpoint what it was. Give everything about a week (at least 3-4 days) before introducing the next thing. 

Best of luck and congratulations!!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi veronica5154,

Congratulations!  I completely understand your need for a great skincare routine... and quick!  I'd suggest trying out the Murad Acne Complex 30 Day Kit.  I've struggled with adult acne for a good 3+ years & I just got it under control the last few months with this kit :smileyhappy:  A lot of people say its too drying, but I think its about finding the right balance for your skin.  I use the Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel daily, but only where I break out the most.  It keeps away breakouts & has lightened up any previous scaring that I had.  I also use the mask once a week, as anything more is too drying for me.  I hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Murad - Acne Complex® 30-Day Kit

http://www.sephora.com/acne-complex-30-day-kit-P375135?skuId=1440841

xo, Mia

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • Luxeface86
    • miabt
    • veronica5154
Photos3