FightingMyAge

Looking for Younger Looking Skin

I am 52 with normal skin and have been using department store skincare and makeup (Clinique, Estee Lauder, now Lancome) since my early 20's.  My skin looks pretty good, but Lancome is just not cutting it for me any more.  Too many times I have had skin irritation from their eye creams and shadows; and, their concealers and foundations leave me either too dry or too dewy-looking and shiny.  Their moisturizers are feeling really greasy on my skin.

I have normal skin and am looking for a good eye cream that will help with lines/wrinkles and puffiness (dark circles are not a problem for me), a good moisturizer or skin care system that's not too greasy but still has mature-skin benefits - firming, collagen production, etc., and finally a light foundation that provides a matte-finish coverage that won't sink into my wrinkles but still provide some benefits.

It's a lot, I know...  Do you have any recommendations for my 52-years young skin?

HMNewbie

Re: Looking for Younger Looking Skin

(0) Hearts

I am 45 and have lost some weight so taking care of my genetically good skin has become a bit of a problem.  (Fat does fill out lines/wrinkles!).  I have been through just about everything trying to find "it".  Recently, I have stumbled onto Shiseido Bio-Performance line.  I have to say, I'm impressed.  I use the Revitalizing Cream at night because it is very thick.  I use the Serum in the morning - again, thick, but dries almost instantly to a super smooth finish.  Makes a great primer for my make-up. 

Still looking for a good matte make-up that doesn't highlight my lines.  Thinking of trying Shiseido next simply because this Bio-Performance stuff has been so good.  I love Urban Decay Naked Skin and Dior Nude, but by the end of the day, I'm definitely shiny - and I don't even have oily skin!

As for eye creams, Perricone is probably the best I've tried if you can get past the smell.  It is kind of fishy.  I didn't like Origins; SK-II was pretty good but not stellar; Obagi (not sold @ Sephora, only at dermatologist) was pretty good.  My eyes aren't really something I'm worried about yet so it's hard to say what improves them. 

Good luck to you!

rockhound0508

(0) Hearts

I am 52 as well with Normal skin.

I started using Perricone final face cream and am liking the results.  I also am trying a sample of the NUDE Treatment oil and like how soft and smooth my skin has become.

For eye cream, well I am still looking for the HG.

Currently trying Shesiedo 24 hr.  but just got a sample of a Chanel that has potential.  (both expensive)

I have liked the Lancome RSM foundation but I hear good things about Nars GLOW.

Off days I use a BB cream from Too Face...I dont need much coverage..really my skin looks great these days from the skincare....

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Eye Cream: Korres Oak  (sp?)

Skin Care: Renee Rouleau (what is use) or Murad (good but more expensive)

Foundation: Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation or Bobbi Brown's Tinted Balm (See Lisa Eldridge's YouTube video on makeup for mature skin)

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm only in my 30s, but I've seen a huge improvement using Shiseido's Beneficiance line (which is targeted for anti-aging).

consolvo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm in your age group and for the " light foundation that provides a matte-finish coverage" I would suggest the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen. Obviously, that's not really a foundation, but it gives medium coverage and I can get away with using just that and some blush unless I'm going someplace where I need to up the ante.

If you are near a Sephora store, you could ask them to match you. When I bought it, I went in with a "naked face" (scary, I know!) and they gave me a quicky application to be sure I liked it and that the shade matched (I got the Light shade which is out of stock online at the moment). It is buildable to a degree, matte finish and really lasts the whole day! The formulation actually improves your skin.  If nothing else, you might want to try it as a primer under your foundation. I have issues with somewhat large pores on my nose and this has really improved them! I don't mean only when I'm wearing it, either. My pores are smaller since I started using this product. I just can't say enough good things about it.

swfupload_5984762601705424348.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/bb-tinted-treatment-12-hour-primer-broad-spectrum-spf-30-sunscreen-P377542?sk...

sandralynn

Depending on the coverage you are looking for, Geavanchy has a great matte finish foundation. there Eclat Matissime is my go to foundation for everyday. I find it stays all day even through a workout at the end of the day! Eclat Matissime is a light weight sheer to medium coveage, and buildible. I pare it with Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin transformer primer. I also use Le Meitier tinted moistureizer on the days that feel a little dry. They also have great a eye cream. and i set my foundation with Cover FX Illuminating setting powder, i find it keeps my foundation on all day, with a matt luminous finnish.my favorite concealer is Treat and Conceal by Sarah McNamara, it covers well and has skincare benifits.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • consolvo
    • sandralynn
    • starletta8
    • HMNewbie
    • rockhound0508