puppytia

Looking for Long-Lasting Foundation

Hi everyone!  I'm searching for a foundation that will last for a 12-hour day at an event I'm going to in July.  I have super-pale skin that's just a touch oily in the nose area during the summer.  I also have very light rosacea which I'd like covered up, but I don't really need heavy coverage.  I use the Smash Box primer and Clinique's Perfectly Real makeup for everyday, but they didn't hold up long enough at this same event last year.  There's really no time for a touch-up.  Any suggestions?

puppytia

Re: Looking for Long-Lasting Foundation

(0) Hearts

Thanks, y'all!  I think I'm going to try the Kat Von D foundation.  And happily, they have it at my local Sephora, so I won't have to guess the color.

miabt

(0) Hearts

@puppytia - I think you'll be extremely happy with the KVD Foundation!  Its my go to for long days when I know I need the coverage without having to worry about it breaking down :smileyhappy:  Enjoy!!

BellaKroll

I agree with the many other ladies here... Kat Von D sounds like what you're wanting:smileyhappy: I've been using it for a year now and swear by it!

beautylovingirl

Kat Von D's foundation is going to be the best and long lasting foundation that you will find. You can use her rehab elixir before for a primer and set with her setting spray and unless your being washed in a car wash or something you will stay flawless all day. Hope this helps!

drrragon

(0) Hearts

LOL!!!  Yes, unless your event is you being washed in a car wash, the KVD foundation will definitely fit the bill!  It is full coverage but you could use a damp sponge to sheer it out if needed.  Once on, it lasts and lasts and lasts, and comes off just like any normal foundation would.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I'm loving Kat Von D's Lock It foundation.  I have very oily skin and it keeps longer than what I currently use during the summer.  I like a tinted moisturizer during the summer but Kat's foundation is a good product for longer wear. 

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

try Estee Lauder Double Wear!  It has great staying power, no transfer, medium to full coverage and a georgeous, non-cakey finish!  It also stays matte all day!

keelybt

Hi Puppytia  Tarte is a great recommendation.  Another one that would work for you is Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation.  It is full coverage, but doesn't feel heavy and it LASTS.

swfupload_2258711090321533269.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138?skuId=1398858

jennypenny1995

Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation.  Has great shades for pale skin, lasts all day, and takeredo ness out.  It has buildable coverage, so you can get a true full coverage in areas you need it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • poemelyric
    • drrragon
    • jennypenny1995
    • puppytia
    • beautylovingirl