candacelauder

Long Wear foundation for oily skin

I have very oily skin and large pores and need a foundation that will last all day.  I am currently using Yves Saint Laurent Long Wear Transfer Resistant and by lunch it is no longer there and my face is shiny again.  I do use a primer and Tarte finishing powder along with Urban Decay De Slick spray before and after my foundation and I also have to use Benefit Get Even blotting powder throughout the day.  Any suggestions on a different foundation that will last?

Thanks!

proanne

Re: Long Wear foundation for oily skin

Hi candacelauder,

Just one other suggestion for you would be Clinique's newest formula. It's amazing!!!

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup-This formula absorbs shine, controls oil, and resists sweat.

Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Also, by priming your skin with an oil control mattifyer focusing application on your most oily areas will help with a longer makeup wear. I suggest Urban Decay De-Slick In a Tube

Urban Decay - De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel

Hope this Helps!

Best,

ProAnne

TyraSablan

(0) Hearts

Anne what do you think the difference is other than price Guerlain's Extreme Wear Foundation / Clinique Stay Matte Foundation????

orlando09

I would also recommend Make Up For Ever. I have not yet tried Mat Velvet but their HD Invisible Cover Foundation is best. If you spray Urban Decay's All nighter spray on top of it when you are done, it really lasts a long time.

rocketwales

(0) Hearts

I also have oily skin and the make up forever brand works great. Most of their products I adore and the invisible foundation is one of the best i have tried. I tend to use a lot of bronzer because i am pale but with that make up I found it does get a tad cakey. If I just use a hint here and there its perfect though. I purchased the kit that have the foundation, primer, and finishing powder w/ kabuiki brush. I adore it, I have had so many complements when I go out because I hardley ever need to touch up my make up!

dianabt

Hi candacelauder,

I have a few suggestions for you to try out :smileyhappy:

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation which has a gorgeous mattifying all day full coverage finish

product image

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation  (oil free, long wear and available in gorgeous shades!)

product image

and the Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Close Up Coverage Foundation which has a buildable flawless finish

product image

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • orlando09
    • dianabt
    • proanne
    • candacelauder