Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

sephoraadmin2

Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

[ Edited ]

7_Skincare_6.24.jpg

Lights, camera, action! Learn the secrets to A-list skincare with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville. Visit this thread on June 24 from 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the two brand founders. Ask a skincare question and find out how to get your best summer skin—instantly.

12 - 1pm: Chat with Ole Henriksen

1 - 2pm: Chat with Kate Somerville 

Click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

lgaloob

Re: Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

(0) Hearts

Hi Ole!

I was wondering - what do you recommend for a nightly skin care regime? I've heard so many different things and am not sure what to follow.

Thanks!

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi there,

I know that selecting a skincare regimen can be overwhelming, that's why I'm here to help!

If you are looking for a powerful anti aging solution for night, here is what i would recommend...

Night is the time to stimulate cell turnover while also firming.

I recommend ultimate lift firming serum, followed with pure truth youth activating oil.

The serum will firm and return bounce into the skin, while the oil provides deep nourishment and hydration.

For the eye, I recommend my ultimate lift eye gel. I have just relaunched this product - it is a new and improved formula, clinically proven to lift, firm and depuff after only 1 use, see results by morning. Not only will it help to reverse signs of aging, it is so cooling and soothing for the delicate eye area while you sleep.

Good luck!

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

Hi Ole!

I don't have a question. I just wanted to say your skincare line is Amazing! I look years younger since I started using your truth line. Keep the awesomness coming :smileyhappy:

olehenriksen

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for your kind words. Sending all my love - let's celebrate life and each other!

Cheers,

Ole

v0ltagekid

(0) Hearts

Hello there! My name is Marcela! I almost had the pleasure of meeting you at my store, 0952, garden city NY but you left 5 minutes before I got there! I wish I had met you! I wanted to tell you I love your collagen booster serum, got it in gratis a few months ago and I use it daily! xo, lots of hugs from New York! 

olehenriksen

So sorry that I missed you! I hope to give you a big hug at my next event.

Cheers,

Ole

ss108

(0) Hearts

Hello! I am a recent college graduate, 21, and this past winter my skin went through an extremely rough cystic breakout, whereas I am not really prone to breaking out at all! This one time breakout last 2-3 months but left behind brown spots on my cheekbone and cheek area. I have been using Tretinoin (retin-a) since February, in combination with Ren because of how hydrating it was and it prevented my skin from drying out. I recently switched to Dr. Murad's vitamin c daily moisterizer with spf and have lowered the frequency with which i use tretinoin to about 2 times a week. The Dr. Murad is drying my lip area, however, as its ingredients might be too strong for a sensitive area. I am looking for a product that will brighten and reduce dark spots (now red spots but not too bright) on my cheek area and also hydrate my skin. Any routine suggestions will be appreciated! 

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would recommend for the next 3 weeks you stop using all of your products and use my 3 Little Wonders. It is going to solve all of your concerns from the hyperpigmentation to pores to hydration. Also, use the Power Peel once every 10 days which will resurface and lighten the hyper pigmentation. If you use these products for 3 weeks, I promise you will be blown away by the results! 

Cheers, 

Ole

superfam

(0) Hearts

Hello, 

I wanted to know what would you recommend for a combination skin type? I have oily and dry skin. I tend to breakout occasionally. I'm looking for skin care that will even out my skin tone and for wrinkles around the eye area. 

Thanks. 

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi superfam,

I have the perfect solution for you.

When it comes to combination skin, you need to balance the oily and dry areas.

I recommend 3 little wonders -

For night, use my invigorating night gel - this AHA treatment acts as a nightly gentle peel that is going to balance excess oil, minimize pores, smooth skin texture and even overall skin tone. Then, follow with my sheer transformation moisturizer - it is so lightweight yet the skin just drinks up the hydration. This multitasking moisturizer will also help to smooth texture and minimize pores as well as even the skin tone.

In the morning, I recommend using truth serum collagen booster - this lightweight, oil-free serum is my gold standard for anti-aging with 5 sources of vitamin C. Follow with sheer transformation moisturizer.

I know you will be amazed by the results ... I believe that treating your skin should be a pleasure and a delight and deliver results as well. 

Cheers, Ole

pptdiva

(0) Hearts

Hi Ole,

I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of you once at your studio in LA, and your skin glowed from 20 feet away!  Can you tell me a little about your diet, and what specific foods you eat to get such a glow?

Thanks in advance - I love your line, and especially your energy and enthusiasm!

olehenriksen

(0) Hearts

My diet is primarily vegetarian, with the exception of occasional fish. I especially love salmon because of the high content of omega 3, which is an essential fatty acid crucial to healthy skin. I love to start the day with fresh oatmeal and berries. I love salads with dark, leafy greens and quinoa for protein and omegas. Avocados, nuts and seeds make for fantastic snacks on the go. I also make sure to drink lots of water! 

Cheers, Ole

Makeupdisiac

(0) Hearts

I've known vitamin C to be very potent when the packaging is dark and doesn't let in the UV sun rays in. How it that different in your Truth Serum?

olehenriksen

Because we used a stabilized Vitamin C, the potency is unaffected by light, which is why we are able to use clear packaging.

Cheers,

Ole.

jgable7

(0) Hearts

What are some tips and or skin care products for young women with rosacea? 

I have a problem with a bright red nose and pimples sometimes. 

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

Hi there!

I see clients who suffer from rosacea at my skin clinic. The first thing I say is you must cut back on your sugar intake - which causes inflammation in the skin which really worsens rosacea.

Topically, I love to recommend my nurture me cleansing cloths because of the calming and soothing moringa and borage seed oils while you get gentle yet thorough cleansing in 1 easy step.

Next, for day what I would recommend is truth serum followed by nurture me cream - which I created specifically to address the fragile needs of sensitive, rosacea prone skin.

And finally for night, I recommend you use my pure truth youth activating oil -- you will get the calming and soothing from the pure vitamin A, and omegas 3 6 and 9 and vitamin C. Not only will this calm and soothe your skin, it will provide deep nourishment and strengthen your skin.

Cheers, Ole

clove760

(0) Hearts

Ole,

I love your products and they all smell so good! I'm in my mid 20's and have some acne scarring besides the Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen booster could I use to help heal those scars? Thank you so much in advance! 

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

use my powerpeel once a week - combines the best of a microdermabrasion and acid peel in 1 - this will help to reduce discoloration and scars. this is the most requested treatment at my skin clinic in Hollywood. You will see visible results after only 1 use, but I recommend using this weekly to work on those scars.

In addition, you will reveal smoother texture, refined pores and a radiant complexion.

It is important to hydrate after peel treatments, so for you I recommend my sheer transformation. this lightweight moisturizer will not only provide your skin with essential moisture, but it will work to reduce dark spots, even skin tone and provide antioxidant defense.

Good Luck!

Cheers, Ole

olehenriksen

Hello friends,

I am here and ready to answer all of your questions! I am always eager to enable people to become their own skin care experts. Can't wait to chat with all of you!

Cheers,

Ole

lylysa

I could literally jump up and down at this awesome dual-brand interview!!!! ^_^ I'm soooo excited!

seleigh817

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate and Ole! As someone in their late 20s, how do I have to start thinking about an anti-aging regime? I know the importance of SPF and sun safety, but are there any other base ingredients I should be looking for in my products as I'm not combating deep wrinkles yet? Thanks so much! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 143 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 62 in conversation
    • fanfromwtx
    • superfam
    • pigie
    • ladylala
    • katesomerville
    • neeharika