sephoraadmin2

Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

[ Edited ]

7_Skincare_6.24.jpg

Lights, camera, action! Learn the secrets to A-list skincare with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville. Visit this thread on June 24 from 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the two brand founders. Ask a skincare question and find out how to get your best summer skin—instantly.

12 - 1pm: Chat with Ole Henriksen

1 - 2pm: Chat with Kate Somerville 

Click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Char3487

Re: Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate!

I have heard so many amazing things about Exfolikate! Can you please tell me why it is so great and how often I should use it? Thank you! 

katesomerville

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

ExfoliKate will change your skin in 2 minutes! What makes ExfoliKate unique is it offers both physical exfoliation (with microbeads) and enzymatic/chemical exfoliation (with Fruit Enzymes). The smooth, round microbeads lift dead skin cells, and the Fruit Enzymes (Papaya, Pumpkin and Pineapple) dissolve the dead skin cells. Use it in the shower, so the steam activates the enzymes. No need to scrub, simply smooth it on for 30 seconds and let it sit for up to 2 minutes. Your skin will be soft, smooth and radiant! Use ExfoliKate 2-3 times a week. 

ljulius

(0) Hearts

Hi Ms. Somerville! I've used your products for over 5 years and used to get monthly facials at your Melrose Clinic, until my little one arrived, it because difficult to come in. Kimberly was my go to girl and was amazing :smileyhappy: 

My skin has been breaking out like crazy, mainly along my jawline and cheeks and I am breaking out daily and have a significant amount of discoloration. Can you please let me know what products (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, serum, spf)  I should be using? I am still nursing my little one. 

newyork3011

(0) Hearts

Kate,

I'm in mid 30s and I feel that my skin started losing its tightness. I started thinking one of the reasons could be due to bad habits - perhaps the way I apply my skincare and makeup products is not ideal. Do you recommend any of your products for tightening skin and also any good/bad habits that I should watch?

Thank you!

Daisy

katesomerville

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Daisy! Start incorporating a Retinol treatment into your regimen 3 times a week. I recommend RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream. It will help with loss of firmness, fine lines and wrinkles, and texture. Additionally, a Vitamin C product will help support collagen renewal. Make sure you are not tugging or pulling skin when applying products. Take a cue from estheticians, and use a feather-light touch. Also, try to sleep on your back - sleeping on your side will cause wrinkles! 

laurenb703

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate!

I have a scar from stiches on my face across my cheekbone. It is usually red & hard to cover with makeup because it is a different texture than the rest of my skin. I have considered trying your D-Scar treatment to help it, do you think this will work on this or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks!

katesomerville

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Absolutely! D-Scar Scar Diminishing Serum works to diminish both new and old scars. The combination of the roller ball, which massages the scar tissue, and the powerful messenger Peptide, results in smoother, more even skin texture! I've seen amazing before and after photos from my clients and bloggers who've shared their results!  

ddudgeon

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate, is your Eczema Therapy Cream safe to use around my eyes? 

olehenriksen

Hi friends,

Thank you so much for all your questions! I wish you all a fabulous July 4th with friends, family and loved ones!

Cheers,

Ole

katesomerville

Hi everyone! I'm thrilled to be here, answering your skincare questions! 

Mesmarian

(0) Hearts

Hello Ole,

Thank you for taking the time to meet with us!

My question:  Aside from using sunscreen daily and removing makeup every night, what one piece of advice would you love for us to have learned with from this Q&A session?

ddudgeon

(0) Hearts

What was the inspiration to start your skin care line? 

katesomerville

Hi there! I struggled with eczema as a child, and I knew what it was like to feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I was inspired by the opportunity to change someone's life through treatments and products to achieve optimal skin health. 

melisarballo

(0) Hearts

Hi Ole and Kate, I wanted to know what product can I use that won´t break me out at all to diminish the redness (from acne) in my face?

katesomerville

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi great question! Try a product that will reduce inflammation on your blemishes like EradiKate Acne Treatment for the first few days of a blemish! Do not over-exfoliate your skin or use products that will over-dry. The key is creating balance! Look for products like my HydraClear Hydrating Acne Gel that will hydrate skin while helping to clear blemishes. It also contains Willow Herb and Natural Oat-derived Extracts to help soothe irritation and reduce redness.

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Melisa,

Definitely the Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil. This pure rose hips seed oil will work wonders in healing your skin and eliminating any redness. This elegant, elevated oil will also hydrate your skin and give it a beautiful without clogging your pores or leading to any more breakouts.

Cheers,

Ole

Sedano

(0) Hearts

I have brown spots and have undereyes circle...I want people to stop telling me i look tired

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Looking fatigued can be reversed using my truth eye peel concentrate. This will increase microcirculation to reduce dark circles and firm the under eye bags. You will feel it go to work and used consistently you will see amazing results.

If you want to take results to the next level, I recommend using the ultimate lift eye gel as well.

This new and improved formula - just launched - is clinically proven to improve fine lines, crows feet, under eye bags and lift the upper eye lid. The cooling gel is so soothing and ideal for night.

For a nightly regimen, you could apply the truth eye peel concentrate first, and layer ultimate lift eye gel on top.

For day, use the eye peel concentrate alone.

You will look bright eyed and well rested, I promise!

Cheers, Ole

Sedano

(0) Hearts

How about the dark spots on my face...Thank you cant wait to try the eye cream<3

DianaVt

(0) Hearts

Hi Ole!

Your enthusiasm for what you do is so inspiring!  Do you have any tips for maintaining such a high-energy level?:smileywink:

*Diana from Vermont

olehenriksen

Hi Diana,

I get my endless energy from my passion for living a healthy life.

I make sure to exercise every day doing something I enjoy - exercise doesn't need to feel like a chore! Exercising revs circulation, gets those endorphins going and gives me the energy to tackle the day.

I also make sure to eat a diet full of healthy, nutritious whole foods that fuel my body properly for the day ahead.

Cheers,

Ole

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 143 replies
  • 87 hearts
  • 62 in conversation
    • fanfromwtx
    • superfam
    • pigie
    • ladylala