sephoraadmin2

Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

[ Edited ]

7_Skincare_6.24.jpg

Lights, camera, action! Learn the secrets to A-list skincare with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville. Visit this thread on June 24 from 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the two brand founders. Ask a skincare question and find out how to get your best summer skin—instantly.

12 - 1pm: Chat with Ole Henriksen

1 - 2pm: Chat with Kate Somerville 

Click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

olehenriksen

Re: Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

[ Edited ]

If you are just starting out with an anti aging regimen, sometimes simple is best. Everyone needs a cleanser - my African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser is fantastic for all skin types and has incredible anti aging benefits. Follow with Truth Serum - this will build and maintain collagen as well as brightening the skin. Then apply Truth Revealed Super Creme SPF 15 - this will provide the skin with hydration, anti-aging benefits from the Vitamin C as well as sun protection for your day. In the evening, cleanse again (the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser will also remove your makeup!) and then follow with Invigorating Night Gel. This will gently exfoliate the skin and stimulate cell turnover which is great for minimizing lines and wrinkles as well as the appearance of pores. Follow with the Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil - a pure rose hips seed oil, this will not only quench dry skin, but also provides the three pillars of anti-aging: Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Omegas 3, 6 and 9. 

Cheers, Ole.

fancygirly

(0) Hearts

what are good products for dry skin?

when I apply foundation, it looks like I have dry patches on my face or etc.

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

Hi fancygirly,

dry skin is in need of healthy exfoliation, to remove those dead, dull skin cells that leave your skin dry, flaky and uneven.

my recommendation is to use my lemon strip flash peel 2x per week. This is my professional strength 20% aha peel that will increase cell turnover, and resurface skin removing all those dead skin cells, and revealing smoother texture.

Every night - i recommend using my invigorating night gel, this gently nightly peel will help to smooth and even skin texture and tone. layer with my pure truth youth activating oil - this 100% pure rose hip seed oil is so nourishing and so soothing. it will absorb into your skin and will give your skin the hydration it needs.

During the day, for you i would use truth revealed super cream SPF 15 - this will be the perfect amount of moisture plus SPF protection during the day.

Using these products will reveal a perfect complexion canvas, and watch your foundation glide on.

Cheers, Ole

sparklegirl12

(0) Hearts

What are some product recommendations for acne?

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

Here is a regimen that I know will help clear your acne:

AM

Aloe Vera Cleanser - this will gently cleanse the skin and lightly exfoliate to reduce bacteria

Grease Relief Face Tonic - this will help take inflammation down on the skin

Sheer Transformation - this will calm and hydrate the skin without clogging the pores and will also help to eliminate any potential scarring or dark spots

PM

Aloe Vera Cleanser

Grease Relief Face Tonic

Acne Clearing Solution - this will spot treat and eliminate any existing blemishes without drying out the skin

Invigorating Night Gel - this will stimulate cell turnover, tighten the appearance of pores and reduce inflammation in the skin

Sheer Transformation

Cheers, Ole

laurenb703

To both of you!

There are so many active ingredients used in acne products - salicylic/glycolic acids, retinols, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, etc. Which is -really- the best one (or combination of several) to treat & prevent acne?

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

Hi Lauren,
You are so right! When it comes to treating acne, there are several choices. It is my philosophy that skin suffering from acne requires a balanced approach, so you both treat the acne while keeping the skin healthy. It is essential to calm the skin first, to reduce inflammation and irritation caused by acne. Introduce an AHA product to increase cellular turnover, like my invigorating night gel. Used nightly, this product will heal and prevent breakouts and improve your skin tone and texture without any sensitivity. My roll on acne clearing solution is a must for acne sufferers, as it contains both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid plus botanical extracts to calm and comfort.

sravanthi

Dear Ole,

I am so so loving truth serum, i never had any problem with the serum and my face is glowing, i feel like i got life one more time, thank u so much, for introducing truth serum.

My concern is my skin around my mouth 2 shades dark than my rest of face, truth serum helping a bit, how can i reduce it? I tried peels but my sensitive skin got irritated and i have to stop, please suggest me some good product or DIY. Thank You.

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]

I am so happy to hear how much you love my truth serum – it is truly an amazing product. I would like to recommend that you start with my 3 little wonders kit, as it has everything you need to transform your skin in just 7 days! These 3 products are designed to reduce dark spots and improve skin tone and texture immediately and over time. Packed with powerful and proven active ingredients in balanced formulations, you will get the results you want without the sensitivity.

sravanthi

(0) Hearts

I am already using Invigorating night gel recently, i will use sheer transformation also, thank you so much for reply :smileyhappy: 

I have a doubt when ever i apply night gel i feel like some peeling on my skin, is it a property of gel? I apply it over truth serum.

lylysa

Oh my gosh, this is dual skincare interview of my dreams!!!!!

Dear Ole, what is the mindset and process behind introducing a new product in your line? There are so many items that I'm already a huge fan of and recommend frequently to users on Beauty Talk and even friends and family outside, what makes something meet to your standards and levels of excellence so that you're able to put it on the market?

Dear Kate, with your background of working within doctor offices and a clinical environment to now owning your own establishment, do you still draw heavily from your past or are new products and launches more so based on you going out on your own to really instill your brand as its own individual name?

olehenriksen

Dearest Lylysa,
I love your excitement and passion for the brand and thank you for your support. When I formulate products, I always stay true to myself and the brand. I look to make products that will solve problems, effectively yet gently. I am a firm believer in healthy exfoliation, both manual and chemical to keep skin young and gorgeous. I look for new and innovative ingredients that have proven results and are compatible with the skin, as balance is central to my formulation philosophy.

Cheers,
Ole

lylysa

Thank you so much for your response! This is why I love your brand so much, effective ingredients in noncomplicated formulas!

I practically swim in Truth Serum! <3

m3rma1d

Dear Ole,

Peel first, then mask? Or mask first, then a peel? I can never figure out the order!

Help! :smileyhappy:

:heart:

olehenriksen

I love it! It does get a bit confusing, I have to agree with you. The short answer is:
Peel first, mask second. You want to always start with the exfoliation first, whether it is physical or chemical because you are resurfacing, exfoliating, invigorating your skin. The mask step is the replenishment you need after you have treated your skin. Everything in balance
Cheers,
Ole

m3rma1d

You're the greatest, THANKS!! 

RandiW

I'm 24. I have sensitive skin along with cystic acne. The cystic acne has left scaring. I feel like I've tried everything under the sun for when it comes to cleansers. I'm currently using Proactive+, have been for the last 8 months and there hasn't been any change in my skin. I'm on a college kid type of budget so if I buy expensive face products they have to last a while. Can anyone help with this?  

olehenriksen

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Randi,

I would recommend using the 3 Little Wonders every day. Not only will it brighten, tighten and repair the skin, but each product provides continued exfoliation which will help with the scarring. They are also all oil free and very comforting and soothing to the skin – plus the kit is an excellent value for those on a budget. I would also recommend using the Lemon Strip Flash Peel twice per week – this will provide a higher level of exfoliation to help with the scarring, but the algae content will keep the skin from being irritated.

Cheers, Ole

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 143 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 62 in conversation
    • fanfromwtx
    • superfam
    • pigie
    • ladylala
    • katesomerville