sephoraadmin2

Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

[ Edited ]

7_Skincare_6.24.jpg

Lights, camera, action! Learn the secrets to A-list skincare with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville. Visit this thread on June 24 from 12-2pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the two brand founders. Ask a skincare question and find out how to get your best summer skin—instantly.

12 - 1pm: Chat with Ole Henriksen

1 - 2pm: Chat with Kate Somerville 

Click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

katesomerville

Re: Live Q&A with Ole Henriksen and Kate Somerville

Thank you for the opportunity to answer your skincare questions! I'm also on twitter @KateSomerville and instagram @KateSomervilleSkincare. Wishing all of you complexion perfection!

ladylala

(0) Hearts

I forgot to ask which cleanser you prefer between the detox and purify?  

ladylala

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate- I have tons of your products.  I love them.  But nothing seems to get rid of blackheads...  And shrinking pore size?  I will say that I gets compliments since I started using your deep tissue repair cream.  I think that's the bomb!  I just ordered the dilo oil and i hope i love it.  

Thanks!  Lee-Anne

Almoneyshot

(0) Hearts

Hi kate I'm a 22 year old male , I recently started wirh your products gentle daily wash and exfolikate gentle, Ifbe just come to realize how sensitive my skin really is I used to use detox and the exfolikate intense and spongses like konjac and clarisionic and never really had clear skin always redness and just felt irratated once I realized that scrubbing with sponges and redness is due to irratiton and found out my face isnt ditry I was just irratatimg it and causing more sebum and more harm I stopped and started using gentle and washing gently with my hands and it hasn't even been a week and HUGE improvemeny but my question is what kind of steps should I take with regards to steaming, is steaming safe, safe to wash off after with your gentle daily wash, what safe steps can I take to release all the clogged pores in my nose

pptdiva

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate,

I love your products and really see results! I've made some beneficial dietary changes lately but I'm having a hard time giving up soda. Can you explain the effects soda has on skin?

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate, how often should exfoliation be done and when is it too much.

katesomerville

[ Edited ]

Exfoliation, especially using my ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment should be done twice a week. If you have slightly oilier skin, you may try three times a week. On the off days, your skin will repair and renew itself, so it's important not to overdo it! With exfoliation, there really can be too much of a good thing! If your skin is feeling sensitized, or becoming too oily - these are signs that you are over-exfoliating! 

pinktorridora

KATE! Your products are wonderful, I've been using them for years! Will you be coming out with any more products for Acne? I'm currently using everything you already have (lol) and I'm always interested in new Acne products.

Also, the Exfolikate for Acne worked wonders for me for a long time but now I think the little scrubbies irritate my breakouts. Any suggestions?

I would love to see you release a powder exfoliant. Not many companies have them, and I'd love to see what kind of formula you would come up with!

katesomerville

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for the compliment! I love spending my day healing people’s skin and making them feel better inside and out. I will be coming out with a new acne product in the fall called DermalQuench Clear Anti Acne Treatment! This product is based upon the same technology of DermalQuench Liquid Lift, but will additionally incorporate acne fighting components! We've seen incredible clinical results, and we are thrilled to launch this product. Look for it in stores early fall. 
For ExfoliKate Acne, make sure not to vigorously scrub the formula on your face - let the enzymes do the work! Gently apply it to your face without using a lot of pressure, and let the product sit for up to 2 minutes. If you are still feeling irritation, I recommend my Clinic-To-Go Resurfacing Peel Pads - they gently dissolve dead skin cells with Lactic Acid. They are purely a chemical exfoliator which will be more gentle than using anything with beads.

ZariyaM

(0) Hearts

Hi Kate, what is a must have to transition skin from summer to fall? 

katesomerville

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Products to help our skin transition from summer to fall are those that help repair damage from the sun and dry heat – even if you’ve been wearing sunscreen. ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment is always a winner to help remove dry and dead skin cells – rejuvenating the complexion in just a few minutes. Our DermalQuench Liquid Lift infuses skin with oxygen and moisturizing hydrafill complex to renew skin by improving elasticity and firmness – a great product to also help hydrate your skin as the weather gets cooler and dryer. Lastly, retinol products help turnover dead skin cells to even out skin tone, firm, and reduce lines and wrinkles. Our RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream is a fantastic product the truly changes skin and improves texture and hydration. Use this 3 times a week! All of these items will help you seamlessly move into the new fall season!

pigie

Hi Kate, I have combination, acne and sensitive skin. Do you think i can use the goat milk cream at night? will it too greasy for my skin? how is it different between the goat milk cream and your oil free moisturizer? 

katesomerville

[ Edited ]

Hi! Goat Milk Cream contains Avocado, Jojoba and Coconut Oils so it feels and acts completely different than Oil Free Moisturizer. If you are looking for something with more moisturization than Oil Free Moisturizer, try Nourish Daily Moisturizer. It's ideal for sensitive, combination skin. Goat Milk Cream does leave a satiny finish on the skin because of the oils and may congest your acne prone areas. 

fanfromwtx

(0) Hearts

HI Kate! I love your oil-free Moisturizer btw!  I am in my mid-30s, combination, sensitive skin.  I get large cystic acne around my neck and mouth that I am struggling with, that I have been told is hormonal acne.  Best product you come recommend for this??

katesomerville

[ Edited ]

Hi there! With all of my acne prone clients, I recommend switching up active ingredients. 24 Hour Pimple Punisher helps battle blemishes around the clock and has Salicylic Acid in the clay PM portion and the clear gel AM side has Willowbark, Clearing Peptides and Tea Tree Extract. Use this on active blemishes. For your blemish prone areas, apply HydraClear Hydrating Acne Gel - it hydrates skin while fighting blemishes. Use this all over your blemish-prone areas both AM and PM. I also recommend incorporating RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream 3 times a week. On the nights you are using RetAsphere, do not use a spot treatment. 

marlenecol

(0) Hearts

I am a mask junkie!  What Kate mask would you recommend for combo skin?  

katesomerville

[ Edited ]

Hi there! I always recommend treating the different areas of your face with the products suitable for those concerns. For example, if you're dry on your cheek areas, use a product like my Age Arrest Hydrating Firming Mask to lock in moisture. In your oily areas, like your forehead and t-zone, use a mask like my Clearing Mask to absorb oil, remove impurities and brighten. Additionally, proper exfoliation will help balance skin! 

sparklegirl12

(0) Hearts

Hello Kate! What are some recommendations for acne?

ElaP

(0) Hearts

Hello!

I've noticed in the last couple of years that my foundation has been separating on my nose and upper lip.  I have tried several different kinds of foundations (liquid, cream stick, CCs), moisturizers (oil free) and primers (or BB creams) and always get the same result.  What can I do?

YesiL

(0) Hearts

hello Kate! my mom has always had a red face, even if she is inside it always has a red blush to it. Its not a medical condition she's always had it. I was wondering what products she can use to control it? Also, whenever she applies a certain brand of foundation it sometimes cracks on her nose, and later on the make up appears a little oily, what do you recommend for her problems? Thank you so much for your time and help!

Yesi

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 143 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 62 in conversation
    • fanfromwtx
    • superfam
    • pigie
    • ladylala
    • katesomerville