sephoraadmin2

Live Nail Q&A with OPI Executive VP

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Nail obsessed? Get ready to indulge in your passion for polish. Visit this thread on June 11 between 12-1 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with OPI Executive VP and Artistic Director Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, the woman behind all those clever polish names. Ask her anything, from what it’s like to have the coolest job in the beauty world to how she finds her inspiration for the SEPHORA by OPI collection.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered. (Check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.)

Suzi.jpg

Learn more about Sephora by OPI> http://seph.me/KrTrS5 

Zoozoo

Re: Coming Soon: Live Nail Q&A with OPI Executive VP

(0) Hearts

The skin around my fingure nails (especially the distal edge of plate, proximal nal fold, and lateral nail fold) is very dry and peels off, what is the best solution/treatment?

Notes: I wash my hands a lot.

suziopi

(0) Hearts

Zoozoo wrote:

The skin around my fingure nails (especially the distal edge of plate, proximal nal fold, and lateral nail fold) is very dry and peels off, what is the best solution/treatment?

Notes: I wash my hands a lot.

I recommend using the Sephora by OPI Brush On Cuticle Oil two to three times a day.  If this does not help, please a Dermatologist.   

Lipstyxandbacon

(0) Hearts

I'm sure you're aware that some discontinued OPI nail polishes go for over $50+ on ebay and other auction sites. How do you feel about that?

suziopi

(0) Hearts

Lipstyxandbacon wrote:

I'm sure you're aware that some discontinued OPI nail polishes go for over $50+ on ebay and other auction sites. How do you feel about that?

Thank you for your information on this-- but Beauty Talk prefers to chat about Sephora by OPI product only. 

Lipstyxandbacon

(0) Hearts

Okay, how would you feel about a discontinued Sephora by OPI nail polish going for over $50.00 on Ebay or another auction site?

glossy

(0) Hearts

Hi Suzi!

I'm in my last trimester of pregnancy and was wondering if the Sephora by OPI line is safe for me to use now (or I guess at any point in a pregnancy for others reading this)?  I've read a few reports to watch out what you use on your nails during this time.

(Question#2: Do you ever take suggestions for the names of OPI shades??)

suziopi

(0) Hearts

glossy wrote:

Hi Suzi!

I'm in my last trimester of pregnancy and was wondering if the Sephora by OPI line is safe for me to use now (or I guess at any point in a pregnancy for others reading this)?  I've read a few reports to watch out what you use on your nails during this time.

(Question#2: Do you ever take suggestions for the names of OPI shades??)

Congratulations on your new baby to come.  Please request from any Sephora store a MSDS sheet, show to your doctor for final approval of product use. 

We do hold contests at Sephora stores to help us come up with new names.  Please check with your Sephora store for our next naming contest. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Howdy!

What do you think is the most important step in nail care to keep nails healthy and to make polish last? And what options would you recommend for a conservative work place, especially for those of us with nails a bit too short for French manicure?

Thanks

suziopi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

beautytester wrote:

Howdy!

What do you think is the most important step in nail care to keep nails healthy and to make polish last? And what options would you recommend for a conservative work place, especially for those of us with nails a bit too short for French manicure?

Thanks

First file nails in one direction only.  Push back cuticles, never cut them.  Moisturize hands and cuticles at least twice a day.  To keep polish stay longer, always use a base coat and apply top coat after polish.  Reapply every two to three days.  This step also keeps polish glossy and shinny.  

Wear color for conservative workplace-- color is never taboo.  Also dark, bold shades look great on short nails. 

msjess87

(0) Hearts

I am a HUGE OPI fan and love all of your polishes! Do you have a go-to color? One that is good all year long?

Thank you so much!

suziopi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

msjess87 wrote:

I am a HUGE OPI fan and love all of your polishes! Do you have a go-to color? One that is good all year long?

Thank you so much!

My favorite Sephora by OPI go to color is Metro Chic. http://seph.me/Lvzqao  It is a wonderful neutral and it goes with everything!

metro chic.jpg

tejota

(0) Hearts

Does submerging your wet nails in cold water actually dry them? As someone who takes an extremely long time to paint my own nails I don't want to try this unless I know that it will work.

suziopi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

tejota wrote:

Does submerging your wet nails in cold water actually dry them? As someone who takes an extremely long time to paint my own nails I don't want to try this unless I know that it will work.

I recommend using Sephora by OPI Drying Drops http://seph.me/LvyNO3 and apply a thin coat of Sephora by OPI Brush on Cuticle Oil.  This should do the trick.

value set.jpg 

tejota

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the infomation.

changuis2

(0) Hearts

what does it take to intern or work for you? i go to fidm, would love a chance to work with opi

suziopi

(0) Hearts

changuis2 wrote:

what does it take to intern or work for you? i go to fidm, would love a chance to work with opi

Every year we hire interns.  We can only hire a small number of interns.  Please submit your resume for consideration next year.

Thank you for your interest.

mcmusso

(0) Hearts

Is there anything that can be done for a fingernail that splits the entire length of the nail from cuticle to tip?

suziopi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

mcmusso wrote:

Is there anything that can be done for a fingernail that splits the entire length of the nail from cuticle to tip?

Use Sephora by OPI nail Strengthener> http://seph.me/LvxXAO on a regular basis.  It will take a little while for the nail to grow out from the nail cuticle.  Sometimes it could take up to a year... so please be patient:smileyhappy: 

strengthener.jpg

garzaem

(0) Hearts

Any plans to release an OPI at home gel/shellac kit? Also, best tips for painting short nails? I always make a huge mess! 

suziopi

[ Edited ]

garzaem wrote:

Any plans to release an OPI at home gel/shellac kit? Also, best tips for painting short nails? I always make a huge mess! 

Yes! Sephora by OPI just released GelShine, including an at home kit, and a nice variety of colors. Now available at Sephora stores and sephora.com> http://seph.me/MyBKLe 

gel shine.jpg

byutiartist

(0) Hearts

Hi! As a manicurist, I've always been curious about the naming process for the OPI colors. Can you tell me a little about it? What are some of your favorite names?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • cocobella
    • glossy
    • byutiartist
    • lowrah
    • nanobear18
    • ashleyrose636