sephoraadmin2

Live Nail Q&A with Deborah Lippmann!

[ Edited ]

DEB_Chat.jpg

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Discover Deborah Lippmann’s industry secrets for pulling off the perfect manicure! Visit this thread on August 20 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with celebrity manicurist and brand founder Deborah Lippmann. Find out how to choose the right color, create modern designs, and ask a nail question of your own.

Be sure to click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Explore this brand> http://seph.me/14oU9Hn

deborahlippmann

Re: Live Nail Q&A with Deborah Lippmann!

[ Edited ]

It's been so much fun chatting with all of you! If we didn't get to your question, I hope that we will the next time. I have to get back to prepping for the upcoming New York Fashion Week. Stay tuned for new nail trends coming your way soon!deb-fb.jpg

miawallace8

This is not a question, just a statement.You & your polishes are the greatest! You are so relatable, you know what you are talking about, you are a nail fan, your enthusiasim can't be beat, the colors you create are perfection & I own 80 of them & can never have enough! Thank you truly for helping me stop being a nail biter & start being a nail warrior. One of my favorite things that I get enjoyment out of is my nails. It's my one "me-time" thing. I love looking down at my nails & seeing them glitter & shine with your colors. It's like you caputured smiles in your bottles. There is a color for every occasion.

deborahlippmann

Thank you so much Mia! xx

NLM1

Hi,

I paint my fingernails a lot and always use a base coat.  Recently I have started to notice my nails turning a slight yellow colour.  i was wondering if you know the cause of this and have any solutions to help?

thanks

deborahlippmann

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If you're noticing yellow on your nails, try using my Smooth Operator buffer. You can soak your fingers in a bowl of lemon juice first and then buff gently. Some of us have more porous nails than others and if we wear more pigmented shades, our nails discolor. I don't believe you are damaging your nails. Try using Turn Back Time - it contains micro-ionized diamond spheres that make your nails look gorgeous.

Smooth Operator Buffer File: http://seph.me/167XS8K

swfupload_99870257772481804.jpg

Turn Back Time: http://seph.me/16tuldd

swfupload_2096778051013200312.jpg

EmmaKay2191

Hi Deborah -

Can you share your "must have" colors from your collections??  Favorite nude?  Favorite red?  Favorite dark?

Love to have your insight!!

deborahlippmann

[ Edited ]

Must have from my collections depend on the person's skin tone. I have been wearing Chasing Pavements, Naked and Modern Love as my go to nudes lately. Lady is a Tramp is a go-to red; Dark Side of the Moon if I'm feeling edgy; Lilac Wine if I'm feeling sweet.

Naked: http://seph.me/14TWdDx
Chasing Pavements, Modern Love Lady is a Tramp, Dark Side of the Moon, Lilac Wine: http://seph.me/17I3ZDt

polishes.jpg

I think if you're a Deborahnista, you must check out my new Jewel Heist collection (Yes, I'm obsessed with jewelry!). I took new glitter shades to a whole new level with mega holographic glitters that are over the top and new to our current glitter range. This newest glitter finish gives a never-before-seen high impact reflection of a full spectrum of colors.

jewel heist.jpg

Glitter and Be Gay, Shake Your Money Maker: http://seph.me/17I7byJ

Laughin' To The Bank: http://seph.me/1ap5M5a

deborahlippmann

[ Edited ]

I think whatever works for you is great. I have a lot of customers that requested a more' natural" approach so I created the Gel Lab solution. You can use Gel Lab Base and Top Coat with any regular nail lacquer to achieve a similar high-shine, long-wearing effect of a gel mani -- without the lamps, tools or any damage to your nails. It' safe, simple and a cinch to remove.

Gel lab: http://seph.me/1dq47fm

swfupload_3839297585724855693.jpg

deborahlippmann

I think word of mouth is always a good way to begin. Do you have any friends who get weekly manicures? Ask them not only what salon but what technician they see. I would take a quick look around the salon and look at the corners and try to peek into the technicians drawers for cleanliness.

And it's not only pedicure tubs and metal implements that need to be clean. Imagine the person before you has an open sore on her cuticle and the technician will try her best not to touch that open wound with the brushes or droppers that she's using. Sometimes a technician could accidentally touch an open wound and then it can touch you - need I say more?

I also recommend taking your own products with you to a new salon -- as my husband always says, "If it hasn't been with you - you don't know where it's been."

mskatkong

opps, my question didn't make it...
Will Baby I'm a Star come out in regular-sized bottles? I'm all but out already. Thank you for rocking! Kat

mskatkong

Your Space Oddity set for Nordstrom Annv is AMAZING! I think Baby I’m a Star painted over Planet Rock is my favorite polish combo ever!

deborahlippmann

(0) Hearts

Thank you! xx

Krekay

Hi Deborah,

My manicures always seem to peel off in big sheets. Is this due to the topcoat or is it the base coat?
 Thanks!

deborahlippmann

It can be several things! I recommend making sure that your nails are smooth and completely dry before you apply base coat. Try to apply less polish than you are currently using. My colors are pretty highly pigmented so that might help. I recommend trying to place the brush down the nail in 3 strokes. Another key is waiting a full 2 minutes between each layer of lacquer that you apply.

miawallace8

This happens to me all the time too! I would love to know how to fix this issue.

deborahlippmann

Hi Mia - See the above response to Krekay. Thanks!

Lola0621

Hi D!  Your nail polishes are simply the best.  What do you think is the hot new trend for shades now and for the fall? xo

deborahlippmann

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The hot new trends for fall are all about texture in nails -- holographic, chunky glitter, and coming soon, a cool matteen silk finish for holiday. One of the shades is Red Silk Boxers, which I used it on the models of the Badgley Mischka, Richard Chai and Honor NYFW shows last February and on one of the sexiest blond movie stars of our day. I think it's HOT.

ksprincess

Hi Deborah! Love your glitter lacquers. Every week I redo my toes just so I can always have a different color on.

Could you please let us know what steps we should use for home manicures from beginning to end? My girlfriends and I love to get together and do facials and nails and we would LOVE to know how to properly do manicures. 

Thanks!

deborahlippmann

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have a pretty simple, easy to follow video on my website and Sephora.com.

http://seph.me/13DzgdA

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 61 replies
  • 87 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • lissay
    • mskatkong
    • lovexmeruhen
    • honeyfluff
    • lylysa