sephoraadmin2

Live Nail Q&A with Deborah Lippmann!

[ Edited ]

DEB_Chat.jpg

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Discover Deborah Lippmann’s industry secrets for pulling off the perfect manicure! Visit this thread on August 20 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with celebrity manicurist and brand founder Deborah Lippmann. Find out how to choose the right color, create modern designs, and ask a nail question of your own.

Be sure to click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Explore this brand> http://seph.me/14oU9Hn

debbieh43

Re: Live Nail Q&A with Deborah Lippmann!

i cant stand removing the polish off my toenails........any suggestions?

lissay

Hi Deborah!

Do you have any recomendations on how to make your nails stronger? My nails tend to break and split so easily.  

deborahlippmann

The matrix of the nail is just below the cuticle. The action of massaging our cuticle oil and our Rich Girl into the matrix twice a day stimulates nail growth. Use our Hard Rock as your base coat and again as your top coat. Then add one layer of our Hard Rock daily on top of your nail color until you are ready to have another manicure and begin the process again. :smileyhappy:

Cuticle Oil: http://seph.me/1bQkoZp 

swfupload_4809092518130522329.jpg

Hard Rock Hydrating Hardener: http://seph.me/1dpWTrV

swfupload_2236931447552079981.jpg

lovexmeruhen

Hi Deborah! I've been collecting your nail polishes since I can last remember! I honestly can't wait for your line of polishes to release in Sephora stores and see what you have in store for the upcoming holidays! :smileyhappy:

honeyfluff

Love Deborah Lippmann polishes! Excited by minis and not because I have a short attention span. Any thoughts on favorite designs with your polishes?

miawallace8

Hi Deborah! I adore your polishes; they are simply the best. I would love to know how far in advance you begin working on collections? i.e. When do you start on fall, when do you start on spring? Do you usually have a cohesive idea brewing or do you just go with your creative vibe at the moment? Plus, are there any celebrities you are dying to create with? I love your purples- just picked up Stronger! Please always keep them coming. :smileyhappy: <3

deborahlippmann

Oooooh Mia - that is SUCH a fun question! I will share this with everyone in my office. I'm not a "corporate" follow the rules kind of creator (imagine that :smileyhappy: My inspiration comes from many places and because it is a collaborative HIGHLY CREATIVE space that we work in -- things can change on a dime in terms of our direction for a collection.

As we grow as a company, we are working hard to rein it in and commit to concepts earlier rather than later. But it's in constant flux. GOD BLESS MY FLEXIBLE TEAM!

thatwelshgirl

Hi Deborah! I love your nail polish :smileyhappy: I was wondering if you knew of a way to fix nails that have been stained by nail polish. Thanks!

miawallace8

You must try Deborah Lippmann's On A Clear Day Ultra-Glossy Top Coat- it works wonders for helping polish to not stain your nails since it contains a UV inhibitor so polish does not discolor or fade. I love it!

mitzij

my nails look dry and brittle.  Is there anything in your line to help this? I love your products!

makeuplove5678

Hi Deborah what tip do you have for distributing the glitter evenly for some of your glitter polishes?

trancp

Hi Deborah!

When I first paint my nails, my cuticles look fine. I usually push them and use an oil to maintain them, but how do I maintain them while I'm wearing polish? I notice they tend to start pushing back up and look uneven/clean. Thanks so much!

jamie2552

Hi Deborah- 

If you had to pick your all time favorite shade, what would it be? :smileyhappy:

deborahlippmann

[ Edited ]

Just like its hard for me to have a 'favorite' color I usually say that my favorite shade is the one I'm wearing-- My favorite collaboration of the moment is the one that just launched -- Stronger with Kelly Clarkson, a tenacious Vivacious Violet.

As we started developing this shade we had no plan for it to contain those gorgeous holographic glitters. Every collaboration is a creative PROCESS == and I love being open to see where they can go :smileyhappy:

Stronger: http://seph.me/19vPRPQ

swfupload_4644852115367243697.jpg

lylysa

Thank you so much for the answer, Deborah!

I love hearing that it is a process, knowing that a great deal of time, effort, and energy goes into making your products makes it that much more valued in the eyes on consumers and fans of your lines because your involvement shows how invested you are to your brand and making it stand out!

deborahlippmann

So excited to be here! We're answering questions now and will get through as many as we can. Thanks so much for participating! 

xx

Deborah

nadineg

Hi Deborah!

I am a big fan of the Lippmann nail colors. I have issues with getting my cuticles to look perfect when doing my nails at home. I've tried pushing them back but that doesn't seem to work. I made the mistake of cutting them when I was younger so I think I'm now paying for it. What is the best process for cleaning up cuticles when doing at home manicures?

thanks!

deborahlippmann

(0) Hearts

You have not damaged your cuticle forever by cutting when you were younger.

When the going gets rough, reach for our CUTICLE REMOVER, an exfoliating . It gently loosens and removes dead or dry skin in the cuticle area to maintain healthy nails.

Apply cuticle remover anywhere the skin meets the nail. Take my cuticle pusher and take your time pushing the skin back away from the nail. You should move the pusher around the full cuticle area until you the skin is totally pliable and the pusher doesn't catch on the nail anywhere.

The luxurious formula works fast, absorbs quickly and never leaves hands slick. Hold dropper two inches above nail, gently squeeze a tiny drop on each nail and massage in. Always use after CUTICLE REMOVER and as often as needed. Wipe it clean with a towel or a piece of cotton. If you have any tiny pieces of skin with one end not attached you can use a cuticle nipper to gently trim only the skin that is lifted.

Cuticle Remover: http://seph.me/170r5Fd

swfupload_1818423446434812192.jpg

nadineg

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the response!

Livindol

Hi!  Thin..peeling nails.  Chipped polish... HELP!!

deborahlippmann

Hi Livindol -

The matrix of the nail is just below the cuticle. The action of massaging our cuticle oil and our Rich Girl into the matrix twice a day stimulates nail growth. Use our Hard Rock as your base coat and again as your top coat. Then add one layer of our Hard Rock daily on top of your nail color until you are ready to have another manicure and begin the process again. :smileyhappy:

Hard Rock Hydrating Hardener: http://seph.me/1dpWTrV

swfupload_6435160374761248667.jpg

Cuticle Oil: http://seph.me/1bQkoZp

swfupload_6100659896417852522.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 61 replies
  • 87 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • lissay
    • mskatkong