candacebt

Live Nail Art Q&A with Ciate

[ Edited ]

Ciate_Chat.jpg

This chat is now closed! Thank you all for your participation!

Learn more about Charlotte and Ciaté's amazing nail art kits on The Sephora Glossy!> http://theglossy.sephora.com/articles/565

Live from London! You’re invited to our Q&A with Ciaté founder and creative director Charlotte Knight. Visit this thread on June 25th between 12-1pm PST to participate. Find out how to pull off the latest nail art trends, learn tips that’ll take your mani to the next level, and ask a question of your own.

Be sure to click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Learn more about the brand> http://seph.me/12TZKrb

ciate

Re: Live Nail Art Q&A with Ciate

Hi girls,

Thanks so much for joining me on chat and asking all your need to know nail questions. I hope you have a great day and make sure you keep up to date with our latest launches and styling suggestions by following us on Twitter at @ciatenails!

Lots of love,

CK xoxophoto-12.jpg

spinderella1110

(0) Hearts

Hi (again!) -

I am always on the lookout for new blogs that showcase great trends and styles.  What are your favorite style/nail/fashion/design blogs?  

Catherine (aka Spinderella!)

ciate

(0) Hearts

Hi Catherine,

So am I! There are so many my favourites are constantly evolving! My favourite blog of the moment is the Coveteur, which brightens up my inbox everyday with insider interviews from the hottest names in fashion and beauty. I am also a keen follower of British Beauty Blogger, who always covers the latest beauty launches and gives an honest opinion so I know the real truth about what's hot and what's no!

Hope you have been inspired!

CK xoxo

kats858

(0) Hearts

I'm not the most nail art kind of girl and I honestly find those gems and flowers pretty tacky. But I fell in love with Ciaté's nail caviar and chalkboard set, as they bring fun and chic to nail art.

These the only nail art I ever used and I'm looking forward to what comes next.

So, my question is: What comes next? What's the trend now for nail art that's elegant and non-tacky?

ciate

(0) Hearts

Hey kats858,

Agreed, nail art can sometimes look tacky, which is not great!

Definitely steer clear of gems and flowers - try out our glitter kits, like Corrupted Neon or Sequinned Manicure.

In terms of whats on the horizon, I can't tell you just yet but rest assured it is gorgeous and not tacky in any way!

Why not mash up Caviar with Chalkboard for a fresh take on nail art, I'm always using this trick.

Keep experimenting and have fun!!

CK xoxo

kats858

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Charlotte!

By the way, I LOVE the red you posted below.

kkkkkels

It would be awesome if you did a giveaway in this chat :smileywink:

But seriously, I love your polish & the bottles are adorable.

What is your favorite finish on nails? I've always loved glitter, but have been drawn to matte finishes lately.

& BTW you are gorgeous!

ciate

[ Edited ]

Orhh thanks kkkkkels, thats so sweet! One of my favourite finishes in a polish is duochrome, which gives a multitonal effect. My no 1 choice for this, and our best seller, is Oil Slick.

CK xoxo

Oil Slick: http://seph.me/16xBV5x

swfupload_7025553949734699009.jpg

invisiblebike

[ Edited ]

What's your opinion on an accent nail? Any tips on choosing the right colors for an accent nail?

ciate

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey invisiblebike,

Completely depends on your mood and the look you want to achieve - personally, I love to go all out on the ring finger detail - our Sequinned Manicure is great for this.

Or you can go match-matchy - try pastel blue Ferris Wheel with a twist of blue glitter using Rollercoaster for a more subtle twist.

Don't neglect your ring finger, get mixing!

CK xoxo

Ferris Wheel: http://seph.me/12nNKXyswfupload_9124845445916075290.jpg

Rollercoaster: http://seph.me/11L9qhB

swfupload_8085860557439100722.jpg

mimibel

image.jpgWhat are your specific recommendations to incorporate Ciaté Caviar into a Retro/Pinup styling. Red bathing beauty type bathing suit, black peep-toe shoes, big hat and sunglasses is the basic look.

ciate

Hey Mimibel,

Firstly, love your swimsuit!

So I'd say that Mother of Pearl Caviar as a twist to the classic French tip would be the best way to style this out.

For a non-Caviar look, go for a rouge Half Moon Manicure and channel your inner Dita Von Tease :smileyhappy:

Happy Summer!

CK xoxo

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thanks much for both of the suggestions and for doing this chat, all the Q&A are interesting.
I think the half-moon mani is so pretty. Since my nails are long/acrylic, doing caviar tips will look amazing!

kkkkkels

I just got this swimsuit but with white polka dots :smileyhappy: cute!

mimibel

My red one is in the post, I couldn't resist getting it! :smileywink:

capitolchick

(0) Hearts

I'm new to nail art. I'd love some tips on getting started doing it at home on my own. I feel it's hard enough to put polish alone on, let alone do something fancy, but I'm dying to try! Thanks!

ciate

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey Capitolchick,

I am glad you asked this as I created our kits with your needs solely in mind. I know there are a number of women who think nail art is difficult to recreate at home so I wanted to provide education and tools to do so. We include detailed 'How to's' in each pack and create tutorials on our YouTube channel for every kit! Why not start with our Chalkboard kit - which allows you to wipe off your design if you make a mistake. However, make sure you wait until the matt black polish is completely dry before you doodle, to use this effect!

I hope this is useful and you find our kits a good place to start - so get experimenting

Good Luck,

CK xoxo

Ciate Chalkboard:

http://seph.me/17AEQPq

swfupload_781155442568263942.jpg

ry22

(0) Hearts

Hello! Your brand is amazing: I love that you exclude many hazardous yet cheap chemicals (formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde resin, or camphor, to name a few) in order to give your consumers a safer, higher quality product. 

I've visited your brand's website before and seen even more awesome colors and other products like hand cream. Do you have any plans to expand your collaboration with Sephora to include more of these items?

Also, how often do you change polishes?

Thanks!

ciate

Hi ry22,

The polish formulation is so important to me and since day one I have always ensured no nasties go into our polish, what-so-ever - I'm so happy to hear to approve!

Right now we focus on bringing nothing but trend trend trend to Sephora, so we don't have plans to offer the care element of our offer just yet, but who knows!

We add extra polishes to our Paint Pot family every 12 weeks to keep it fresh and relevant :smileyhappy:

Thank you for your lovely feedback,

CK xox

2queens

(0) Hearts

What's an appropriate yet trendy nail look for the office?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • glossy
    • rinner
    • missdillow
    • ry22
    • capitolchick
    • invisiblebike