candacebt

Live Nail Art Q&A with Ciate

[ Edited ]

Ciate_Chat.jpg

This chat is now closed! Thank you all for your participation!

Learn more about Charlotte and Ciaté's amazing nail art kits on The Sephora Glossy!> http://theglossy.sephora.com/articles/565

Live from London! You’re invited to our Q&A with Ciaté founder and creative director Charlotte Knight. Visit this thread on June 25th between 12-1pm PST to participate. Find out how to pull off the latest nail art trends, learn tips that’ll take your mani to the next level, and ask a question of your own.

Be sure to click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Learn more about the brand> http://seph.me/12TZKrb

ciate

Re: Live Nail Art Q&A with Ciate

[ Edited ]

Hi 2queens,

My favourite classic manicure is always a postbox red - my go to is always Mistress. You could give this a trending twist to your manicure by adding Confetti glitter Paint Pot to your ring finger to make you stand out!

CK xoxo

Ciate Mistress:

http://seph.me/11YzIvx

swfupload_4679205008493570304.jpg

Lezlums

(0) Hearts

What's your favorite summer nail trend of 2013?

ciate

(0) Hearts

Hi Lezlums,

A trend I am continuously obsessed with is Neon Nude. These shades perfectly compliment other and look great in the sun. My favourite shades at the moment are our Cookies and Cream Paint Pot worn with our Neon Orange Corrupted Neon kit, Club Tropicana. This can be styled as a take on a french manicure or with a neon accent nail.

Enjoy!

CK xoxo

ambernita

Hi! Do you think the pointy nail trend is here to stay for awhile? 

ciate

Hi Ambernita,

Nail shapes are constantly changing, often driven by the fashion icons of our time. Rihanna and Lana Del Ray have obviously rocked this trend this year and continue to do so. However, it depends how experimental and trend lead you are with your nails. Who knows what the next shape will be...I am excited to see!

Love 

CK xoxo

ciate

Hi Guys,

So excited to answer your questions today.

Fire away!

xoxo

spinderella1110

Hi Charlotte!  What's your favorite nail look for the summer and upcoming fall season??

ciate

[ Edited ]

Hey Spinderella!

For summer I really love blue polish - it looks great with a tan - I love the Cotton Candy Caviar Manicure which has a gorgeous pastel blue polish base shade. By sprinkling on the Caviar pearls to the ring fingers it makes for a great girly touch, just add denim cut offs and you are good to go!

For Fall I have the most incredible textures lines up, but that would be telling...keep your eyes peeled :smileywink:

Lots of love

CK xoxo

Ciate Sugar Caviar Manicure in Cotton Candy

http://seph.me/1aL4bFm

swfupload_2322942825227812516.jpg

glossy

(0) Hearts

HI Charlotte,

I love how Ciate is always innovating and coming up of new and fun ways to play with nail art.  I have tons of questions:

• What are you wearing on your nails right now? Pictures?
  • How did you get started in your love for nail art?
  • Who are your favorite nail bloggers/artists?  What is your latest fav nail trend?

Thanks in advance!

ciate

[ Edited ]

Hey Glossy!

So happy to hear you are a fan!

So I'm in an Ibiza fram of mind right now so I'm wearing the Corrupted Neon manicure, which glows under UV lights and looks INCREDIBLE - I don't have pics I'm so sorry, would love to share with you!

My love of nail art started back in my session nail tech days where I would always mix my own shades and textures - but right now my biggest inspiration is my little girl's art box which is crammed full of creativity - I am a big kid :smileyhappy:

My favourite nail artist in Marian Newman, she is an old friend and a real support to our brand and the nail industry as a whole which is wonderful.

Finally, my have nail trend is neon-nude - mainly as pretty much all of my accessories are this colour-way right now, so its good to be match-matchy, love it!

I hope that answers everything - if you have anything else please ask of tweet @ciatenails anytime!

xoxo

Ciate Corrupted Neons>

corrupted neons.jpg

http://seph.me/121vT9Y

glossy

I bet you and your little one have so much fun with nails. Lucky lil girl! Thank you for your answers, Charlotte! **opens new tab to buy neon colors at Sephora immediately**

missdillow

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Charlotte,

Do you have any tips for making a Ciate manicure last the longest?

ciate

(0) Hearts

Hey Missdillow,

The key is a great base & top coat - the Underwear base coat was formulated with Lotus flower extract to give your nails extra strength, and the Speed Coat locks in colour within 60 seconds so you can get on with your day!

Keep topping up every other day with topcoat to keep your colour fresh and shiny :smileyhappy:

Enjoy!

CK xoxo

rinner

(0) Hearts

Hi Charlotte!  How do you come up with ideas and inspiration for new Ciate manicures?  

ciate

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey Rinner,

Our latest collection - the Corrupted Neon - came from my love of Ibiza summers and neon pop shades.

I gave it a Corrupted twist by adding UV glitter sprinkles and a UV blacklight topcoat for an extra rave factor! And of course mixed up the colour of the bow for an extra cheeky twist - I hope you agree, it is extra-summery.

Hope you love it.

CK xoxo

Ciate Corrupted Neons

http://seph.me/121vT9Y

corrupted neons.jpg

jessicarwabbit

(0) Hearts

Hi Charlotte!

I love your products, and want to know the best way to apply the Very Colourfoil Manicure? Do you let the foil fix dry completely or should it still be slightly wet/tacky? How much do you need to use?

Thanks!

ciate

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey Jessica,

I'd recommend applying a thin coat of foil fix (too heavy and it takes forever to dry) wait until its tacky, try the 'tap-test' - this is basically gently tapping the glue to check it is tacky, once it is you are good to go with the foils.

Always remember to screw the lid back onto the Foil Fix glue nice and tight, its formulated to dry quickly but you wouldn't want it drying out in the bottle :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps!

CK xoxo

Ciate Colourfoil

http://seph.me/18emH9x

swfupload_2669099741237232345.jpg swfupload_6946553478995609613.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • glossy