sephoraadmin2

Live Hairstyling Q&A with Drybar!

[ Edited ]

drybar_Chat.jpg

This chat is now closed, but if Alli didn't get to your question, don't worry! She will be back to answer your questions.Thanks for your participation!

Learn Drybar’s top tips for achieving salon-worthy hair at home. Visit this thread on July 10 between 10-11 am PST to participate in our live Q&A with Drybar founder Alli Webb. Find out how to get the perfect blowout, create voluminous waves, and ask a hair question of your own.

Be sure to click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered

alliwebb

Re: Live Hairstyling Q&A with Drybar!

[ Edited ]

Alli.jpg

Thanks for all the great questions! Sorry I didn't get to answer them all, but I'll be back soon!

Peace, Love & Blowouts!

xo,

Alli

meganlkelley

(0) Hearts

HI!  

I have noticed that i have matching areas of my hair that seem to not grow much.  It's the same spot where my hair fell out after each of my 3 boys were born.  The hair in these spots doesn't see to grow long and it's thinner.  The area in question is diagonally up from the outside corner of my eye, it's the same on both sides of my head.  Any thoughts as to what is causing this?

brandydandelion

(0) Hearts

Hi Alli! 

I really love the 100 proof (gives my hair a slight wave which I really dig), but when I use it to blow my hair dry (I have naturally curly hair and it's THICK) it makes my hair feel a bit dry and thicker than normal.  Is there something you could recommend?  I like wearing my hair curly, straight, and wavy.  So I'm open to any options!

tnglittergirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Alli,

This doesn't pertain to a hair style but I'm currently a student at a less than mediocre cosmetology school. I'm having a really hard time staying motivated to be there. I have a BS in Business already and I'm really trying to pursue this so that I can create my own big business the way you have yours. I need some words of motivation and good vibes. I still have 750 hours to go! 

citigirl89

(0) Hearts

Hello!

I have trouble maintaining volume throughout the day. My hair is fine and oily. It looks good when I leave the house but after an hour it's flat! What products/techniques should I use?

bib5997

(0) Hearts

Hi!

I have oily, fine hair. And am experiencing hair loss and some dandruff

Can you help me?

tks lots

stayseeatruts

(0) Hearts

Hi Alli,

I'm hoping you can help!! I have very thick curly hair. It's a bit of a mess right now. I attempt to blowdry it straight, but often, I have so much volume that it doesn't look all that great. Can you suggest a product that can help reduce the pouffiness of my hair? Also, when I wake up in the morning, some of my hair gets curly and I have to fix it. Is there something I can do, so that when I wake up my hair is still straight? Please help!!

FYI, I am very much looking forward to your products being sold in Canada. Thank you for your help

brittieeee

(0) Hearts

Hi Alli!  I am in LOOOVe with the Detox Dry Shampoo! I mean a dry shampoo with volumizing, amazing!!  I remember The Drybar last year had a "limited time" style called the "old Fashion"  that I loved.  It was old Hollywood looking and it made my long hair resemble Veronica Lake.  I was wondering any plan to bring that back permanently?? Please!

bigisland

(0) Hearts

Alli, I have thinning hair , because of medication.  How can my new drumbeat brush give me a fuller hair look?

Stacey92

(0) Hearts

What products what you recommend to apply before or after blow drying hair at home to prevent damage?

kt1006

(0) Hearts

I have long fine hair, is there a special hairdryer I should be using? Thanks!

alliwebb

[ Edited ]

Buttercup! It will leave your hair full and bouncy!

http://seph.me/18Nxkk1

swfupload_6151266248321870086.jpg

MaggieE8850

(0) Hearts

Never participated before but when I saw it was Alli from Dry Bar I had to!

I'm so excited I found the Scottsdale location because I had been going to random salons, from time to time, getting blowouts and the quality was never consistent. I have such flat limp hair and I leave Dry Bar feeling so much prettier and better about myself. 

Haha I don't even have a question. I just love the concept and the great customer service I receive. It's amazing how something so simple as a blow out can change someone's self perception and make their day. Thank you again!

alliwebb

(0) Hearts

Wow, that's so sweet! Thanks so much for the love Maggie! xo

allcluedin

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Alli, 

Any tips for quick at-home blow drys for girls with SUPER THICK naturally straight-wavyish hair?

eynat

(0) Hearts

Hi Alli,

1) What lipstick color and name brand are you wearing there? It's gorgeous!

2) I have dark copper hair which is very frizzy and curly. I use gel on wet hair every two days in order to keep it tamed. Is there anything that I can do about the color fading with age and the frowziness of my hair without flattening it out.

Thank you.

najeramom

(0) Hearts

Hi Alli what product would you reccommend for a really dry scalp? I have tried numerous shampoos that the salon I goto reccommends?

alliwebb

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try Phytopolléine Botanical Scalp Treatment!

http://seph.me/174wbR9

swfupload_207727266991718822.jpg

LKuhle

(0) Hearts

What tips do you have for a curly haired girl when it comes to blowing out her own hair? I'd like to reduce my reliance on a straightener as much as possible, but blow drying my hair, even with a round brush, always leads to tons of frizz.

I was also wondering what you feel the best product is for protecting my hair from heat in order to reduce split ends?

Thank you!

tulipstokissyou

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey Ali! I have natural blonde hair that I dyed red for years. A year ago, I went back to blonde and nearly fried my hair with all the bleaching I had done. My hair is growing back in and the top isn't so dry and unmanageable, but it is super oily! So, what I am asking is how to deal with hair that is crazy oily, but still crazy dry and damaged at the ends! I never know if I should use a shampoo and conditioner for buildup or strengthening or what. And I've tried dry shampoo (I can seriously barely go the whole day without my hair looking super oily), but it just makes it oilier. D: I'd appreciate some guidance here because the last time I went to DryBar, I got home and my hair was really manageable and not so oily.. It was awesome!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • luvmygloss99
    • gonedirtbiking94
    • rinner
    • missdillow
    • carriefelice
    • jamie2552