cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Hair Consultation with IGK

03222017_IGK_ThreadAsset_Handoff.jpg

This thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

The founders of IGK are taking your hair questions on BeautyTalk. Ask a hair question and/or upload a photo for customized advice. Come back to chat live with the renowned hairstylists on Wednesday, March 22, between 10am and 2pm PDT. Ask them anything—from personalized product recommendations to how to get the most-wanted looks of the season.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Live Hair Consultation with IGK

Why doesn't my hair every grow past my shoulders? I have coarse hair, I use suave professionals shampoo and conditioner, I do not shampoo every time but I do condition and use leave in conditioner every time. I straighten my hair 2-3 days a week, but because of my job my hair does have to be tied back. 

Some hair types have a destined length but we suggest using our Hot Girls Moisture shampoo and conditioner. If you like a leave in conditioner you should try Mistress because it isn't heavy and it will let your hair breathe. Also, to lessen the breakage of your hair you can use a softer hair tie when you pull it back for work.

Hi guys! My hair has suffered a lot of breakups and bad decisions. It's ultra frizzy and dry all the time. I use a lot of products (b&b, Schwarzkopf, phyto) and crying. I unfortunately dye it a lot so I have a lot of grays. It's growth is very slowly too. I'm starting Hum nutrition vitamins but I'm still desperate by its drynes and frizziness. What do you recommend? Thanks a lot!!!! (Sorry about the bad face! I'm about to get in my doctors office and I'm nervous ☹️)upload_8925204184460397302.jpg

Honestly don't let your hair stress you out, it looks great!! We think you should wash your hair with our Instafamous Shampoo & Conditioner. We think you will love Beach Club to add texture and volume! 

Thanks a lot guys!!!! Super appreciated 🙌🏽

Anonymous Insider

Hey guys,

I have extremely straight hair. Even if i dont condition....my hair is really straight. I have 4 problems.... 1. I dont know how to make it bounce from the front as it just looks flat,  2. It gets greasy very quickly and 3. Even if i curl it with different types of wands and tongs and use a whole can of hairspray...after 1 hr my hair will be straight again.

4. I have very thin hair too so my front left part is a little balding.

I forgot to mention my hair length is upto my hips...

And front is to my chin.

Hey @huffy01 -- We have an answer for all of your questions. First, with your length you'll experience flat hair because of the weight. We think you should add layers to the bottom to bring back a little bit of volume. 

1. To get the bounce you're look for use Mistress for bounce, then use Beach Club for volume and texture. 2. Make sure you aren't scrubbing your scalp too much, that is why your hair is getting oily fast. Focus on massaging your hair instead -- You will also love our Jet Lag Invisible Dry Shampoo. 

3. Remember that too much product or hair spray will add weight to the hair. Instead replace the hair spray with our Beach Club. 

4. Try switching your part!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks guys....much appreciated 

Hi!

I just got a great hair cut and was styled nicely when I left. But now I washed it out I donno how to style it nicely... any advise and inspirations?

Shirley.jpg

Hey @oohlalabear -- Your hair looks great! The best tip is don't focus on recreating what your hair dresser did. Try using Call Time & Rich Kid for a natural hair dry. You can blow dry back  or flip you hair  behind your ear to show off your beautiful face even more!

What's the difference between using Rich Kid and Mistress?

Thank you so much!!!

Hi guys!

What's one thing you want your clients to remember about your brand, and why?

Can't wait to see you guys in Colorado!!!

- Hannah and Jakki from Park Meadows, Sephora

Hey Hannah & Jakki! We created this product line to change the code of what's happened to date. We're focusing on developing products specifically invented to air dry and create the looks you desire and before IGK needed a hair dresser for. 

Any suggestions for thinning hair?

Use 30,000 Feet Volume Shampoo & Conditioner. In your case, try applying Trust Fund in your hand and then through your hair. If you have shorter hair, you can use Broken Dreams to rough up the root. 

Anonymous Insider

Hi Guys! I shower and let my hair dry on its own and on its on it has its own volume. After 2 days it is not as it was from the start. How can I get wavy beach hair. I usually wait till the end of the week to curl it and use dry shampoo until the next time I wash my hair.  I have a lob cut that goes to my shoulders and my hair is fine. Thank you! 

Hey @Anonymous. Trust Fund and Beach Club are great for fine hair when you're looking for the wavy beach hair. 

Thank you for joining us! 

I often struggle with my hair bending in weird ways around my hairline (think bangs area, though I don't have bangs).  Do you have any recommendations for styling this area? So far all I've discovered is that I need to blow dry it immediately after showering, but I'd love to know if any products or techniques can help tame that area without flattening it.

And an easier question - how do you recommend leaving hair when you sleep? E.g., in a bun, down, braided, doesn't matter?

Hi @kso1225! When the hair is wet, comb your hair left and right back and forth to against the wave pattern -- this will help straighten that area. You can also use our Call Time at the root for weightless control. 

IGK_4.jpg

Anonymous Insider

I've got curly, thick, frizzy, and sun-damaged hair. Any product recommendations on how to help bring back the life into my hair? Especially from the sun damage of playing soccer outside for years! Also, my hair seems to grow at a slow rate, any tips for speeding up the process? Thanks a lot!!!

Conversation Stats
Photos38
  • 03222017_IGK_ThreadAsset_Handoff.jpg
  • IMG_5925.JPG
  • Sanobar.jpg
  • 14906874_10202467591048152_3182721551171287816_n.jpg
  • IMG_0148.JPG
  • IMG_0440.jpg
  • upload_5349587779207803116.jpg
  • upload_4093547714884573089.jpg
  • IGK hair.jpg
  • hair.jpg