cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Hair Consultation with IGK

03222017_IGK_ThreadAsset_Handoff.jpg

This thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

The founders of IGK are taking your hair questions on BeautyTalk. Ask a hair question and/or upload a photo for customized advice. Come back to chat live with the renowned hairstylists on Wednesday, March 22, between 10am and 2pm PDT. Ask them anything—from personalized product recommendations to how to get the most-wanted looks of the season.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Hair Consultation with IGK

PINK!!!! or Metallic color would be cool!!

Thank you!!

We think you are going to be realllly happy in October!!! 😉

I have fine hair that falls flat toward the end of the day. What do you recommend??

Sephora Lone Tree is so excited to have your products in the store! My favorite product is the DIRTY SPRAY because it gives me that rockstar grit without the grunge haha. Your products are so easy to talk about and demo and the clients are so excited to hear about an awesome brand with good prices and awesome cool names and I think your philosophy of working with your hands for staying is amazing because I do the same when I went to Paul Mitchell in Cali. So excited. See you all soon.

WOOOOOO! We're doing a boomerang just for you right now. 

People are asking about frizz but I need something for Day 2.  To keep body and maintain frizz-free beachy waves.  I don't like anything 'sticky' or 'crunchy.'

Thank you for joining us at BT! 

Hey @wheeeee

We'd recommend using Down and Out or Beach Club. Down and Out will add more subtle texture with grit and shine.  Beach Club will leave a satin finish with more texture. Both have nourishing coconut oil to keep you hair healthy and shiny.  Try both and see which one you love!

Anonymous Insider

Hello IGK founders!
This is my first Sephora chat.

I'm stumped with what to do with my 2.5 year olds hair. She is mixed, and has the biggest fro of soft curls, that keeps getting knotted - especially after sleeping on it.

I have thin, straight hair - so it has me at a loss of what i can do - especially with her still a toddler. any recommendations of products or tips to get knots out and keep them out? Thanks!IMG_7333[1].JPG

Hey @Anonymous

So cute!!!! We'd suggest using Smoke and Mirrors to gently cleanse and detangle with nourishing coconut oil. Detangling with a wide tooth comb while hair is wet, then pat dry.  Apply Sold Out Curl Priming Basecoat and air dry. This will keep curls controlled, shiny, and hydrated.

And if you're looking for a little volume, use Jet Lag Dry Shampoo on your roots!

Hello! 

I have very frizzy, slight wavy hair...I can seem to "tame" my hair! After I blow dry my hair, I feel I need to run a flat iron to somewhat make it look half decent. My hair is dry at the ends and damaged. My hair also seems to get extremely limp if I use heavy conditioner. I'd love to get some advice on products to use. Thanks!

Hey @Jaja72

Thanks for your question.

When drying your hair with a towel, pat dry instead of rough towel drying to reduce roughing up the cuticle. When rough drying, make sure to direct the air flow down the fiber to close the cuticle (see photo). Doing both of these things will help to tame.

Frequent trims and Mistress Hydrating Hair Balm - with nourishing natural coconut oil - should help your dry ends. 

IGK_3.jpg

Thanks for joining us in Beauty Talk to share your knowledge and passion for hair!

My thick hair is cut into long layers with it trailing to a subtle point in the back to eliminate a lot of weight from when it used to be all one length. The ends of my hair tend to have a bit of a soft wave and I love enhancing this, but because my hair is past my hips there is still some weight to it. What products in your line would your recommend to help preserve shape and not make my hair too heavy? Any tips in application/working with the products that you have found work best?

Hey @lylysa

Great question!

Start with Call Time Styling Primer and Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel on damp hair. Apply by section, and comb through. This will help you to use less so you don't weigh hair down.  Finger twist and diffuse to maintain your shape and leave your soft wave looking, shiny, healthy and hydrated.  Both Rich Kid and Call Time contain coconut oil to nourish your hair and strengthen over time. 

Thank you for the response! 😄

HI GUYS!!! Ryane in Chicago at Watertower Place... Chi town is hyped and can't wait for you to get here!

The whole cast is following your live chat and bringing the answers back to the clients. They all say THANK YOU!

SEE YOU NEXT MONTH! 

Hi, I am excited to explore IGK. I have thick and curly hair but don't wear it natural often because of frizz. what do you recommend to fight the frizz and keep the curls? 

Thanks guys! 

also just wondering what color and cut you guys would recommend for my hair IMG_3042.JPGIMG_3043.JPG

Hey @shef90

You're gonna love Laid Back - our Defrizz and Anti-Static Spray. Apply on damp hair before you blow out or air dry, and continue to apply during the day as needed. It's so lightweight that it will never weigh down curls, and coconut oil will help to nourish and strengthen. 

Also try Smoke & Mirrors for cleansing to gently cleanse and hydrate to keep you thick hair tamed.

Thanks guys, excited to explore try those recommendations! any thoughts on hair cut/styles  or color for my hair? @IGKHaircare

Representing from Sephora in Park Meadows Mall in Lone Tree, Colorado!!! WE LOVE YOU, AARON! AND WE LOVE IGK! Since you're from Colorado, we would love to see you in our store!

We're working on a Colorado visit, I need to see my follkkkss! - Aaron 

IGK_2.jpg

Conversation Stats
Photos38
  • 03222017_IGK_ThreadAsset_Handoff.jpg
  • IMG_5925.JPG
  • Sanobar.jpg
  • 14906874_10202467591048152_3182721551171287816_n.jpg
  • IMG_0148.JPG
  • IMG_0440.jpg
  • upload_5349587779207803116.jpg