cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Hair Consultation with IGK

03222017_IGK_ThreadAsset_Handoff.jpg

This thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

The founders of IGK are taking your hair questions on BeautyTalk. Ask a hair question and/or upload a photo for customized advice. Come back to chat live with the renowned hairstylists on Wednesday, March 22, between 10am and 2pm PDT. Ask them anything—from personalized product recommendations to how to get the most-wanted looks of the season.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Hair Consultation with IGK

We think you should stop taking the Biotin for month and try again, maybe using a different brand. Trim your hair more often to bring back your hair's heaviness and start using product made for you -- 30,000 ft. Volume Shampoo & Conditioner, mix our Jet Lag dry shampoo & Beach Club Texture Spray for added volume. 

When it comes to color, go lighter. It will make your hair appear heavier. 

Hi.. I have LOTS of damage caused from bleaching.  and on top of that the hairdresser has given me a really bad layered haircut. please let me know what products are best to help my hair recover/be stronger and grow longer... thanx!!!Photo on 3-22-17 at 1.25 PM.jpgPhoto on 3-22-17 at 1.23 PM #3.jpg

Hey @Maryam1213!

We would say take a break from the coloring/bleaching. We have a really great instant mask coming out in April that will be great for a full hair recovery. Use our Call Time primer everyday on the hair wet and Mistress on the ends. 

Take a break from the hair salon for a while -- give your hair time to repair and breathe! 

Anonymous Insider

Hi IGK, any suggestions for thin hair/hair loss ? I have long hair gets dangled easy and gets oily wwithi a day I tease my hair a bunch to add volume but its still blah! >_<
MYXJ_20170319042235_fast.jpg

Hi! Definitely use our 30,000 feet shampoo & conditioner. Teasing your hair could be aggressive, so if you are looking for volume at the root we suggest massaging your scalp and using our Jet Lag Dry Shampoo.

Hey guys! Im currently going through chemo (beat the cancer already but they are keeping me on it!) - My hair thinned a lot!!!  (they told me it will come back but - ugh- its pretty horrible at the moment) - but was curious if you guys had suggestions for post chemo hair care?  I used to have thin hair but a lot of it.. they said it might come back thicker.  

First, Congratulations! Clients of ours that have gone through chemo have seen texture change throughout the regrowth. We suggest scalp massages in the shower. When it comes to shampoo and conditioning we suggest 30,000 feet for volume and texture. Cute short hair cuts are fun and will perfect for you! 

thanks SO much!!!! 

This is so cool!

Hi - I have long hair, with a bit of wave, but mostly pretty straight.  I don't style it often, just too busy. I tried a few IGK products at a Sephora when I was traveling and really liked it but didn't have much time to experiment or ask questions.

Do you have any products you recommend would help enhance my natural waves/texture without weighing it down and without much effort?

Also, what is the best way to use the Amro Ombre Highlight spray, or other products in summer for easy ways to "step up" my hairstyle a bit?

Here's a pic showing some of the waves:

kr waves.jpg

Most often, it's a bit straighter (don't look at my makeup, it was a weird combo!):

kr regular.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hey @sister13

Use Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel on damp hair, braid your hair, and let air dry to create/enhance natural waves. Down and Out Dirty Spray is great on dry hair on the mid lengths and ends to add texture and shine without losing 

For Amaro, apply from 8-10 inches away, teasing out piece by piece. The formula uses cosmetics-inspired pigments that are buildable - so the more you apply, the stronger color result on the hair. If it gets too strong, brush through or comb through with fingers to soften. Photos below. 

You have beautiful hair! Great texture and color.

IGK Photo.jpg

And I added all to my loves list!

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations and the compliment.

Can't wait to try these out, thanks for coming on! 

Hi guys!

Thanks for joining us on Beauty Talk!  I have long (passed the shoulders), normal/dry, curly (closest to curly 3A), fine hair... and I have a lot of it! I usually need to get it thinned out because it gets too heavy.  It's also hard to get volume at the roots. My question is what products/method would you recommend so I can let my hair air dry and achieve the beach wave look... something like wavy 2C. I'd also like to know how to get the proper lift at the roots. Thank you! 🙂

Hey @veronika23 !

We'd recommend applying our Sunday Funday Texture Foam from root to tip, combing through with a wide tooth comb and air drying to pull some of the curl out to take you from 3A TO 2C. Once its dry, apply additional Sunday Funday at the roots with fingers to lift and create volume at roots. Sunday Funday is a super cool foam pomade that adds control, hold, and moisture with shea butter. 

@IGKHaircare  Thank you! I can't wait to try this! 🙂

I have a lot of red in my hair from previously dying my hair and I'm currently a brunette would it be possible for me to move to a light blonde over time? How long would you say this process would take me?

hair.jpg

Hey @sincerelyellie

First, we wouldn't recommend trying this on your own at home. This will be a gradual process - could take one salon visit, or a couple, so that you don't compromise the integrity of your hair. 

If you're ever in NYC, LA, or Miami come visit us - this is something we specialize in!  

Thanks for your question!

Anonymous Insider

What are the differences between down&out spray and beach club spray?

Hey @Giovanni

Down and Out Dirty Spray adds more shine than Beach Club, but Beach Club will add more texture. 

Anonymous Insider

what are your product choices for curly hair?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos38
  • 03222017_IGK_ThreadAsset_Handoff.jpg
  • IMG_5925.JPG
  • Sanobar.jpg
  • 14906874_10202467591048152_3182721551171287816_n.jpg
  • IMG_0148.JPG
  • IMG_0440.jpg
  • upload_5349587779207803116.jpg
  • upload_4093547714884573089.jpg
  • IGK hair.jpg