Live Chat with Susanne Langmuir

[ Edited ]

Bite BT Image_02.23.16.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Curious about coral? Intrigued by indigo? Get all of the answers to your bold lip questions from Susanne Langmuir, founder of Bite Beauty. Visit this thread on February 23 from 12-1pm PST to participate in our live chat and ask a question.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Susanne Langmuir

Hi Suzanne, I was a big fan of Luminous Creme Lipstick in the shade Musk and didn't know if you would have a similar color to recommend?

It looks like that’s all the time we’ve got for today. Thank you so much to everyone who joined me this afternoon. I had so much fun speaking with you all, and I hope you all love our new Amuse Bouche collection!

XO,
Susanne

(0) Hearts

Hi Susanne, what's your favourite date night lip colour? do you prefer to go bold or subtle? Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

I always resort to reds! Tannin Amuse Bouche or Red Velvet Matte Creme Lip Crayon are my go-to's!

Also, one more question (in addition to recs on a replacement for Torte!)- in the past, Bite has used the 4 different types of caps to signify different color families (reds, berries, pinks, and neutrals). I noticed that on the Amuse Bouche page it looked like the all had the cap that used to belong to the red family. Will you only be using one cap from now on, or is this just because the new line is still being rolled out online and the pictures are not up to date yet?

Although we loved having multiple caps, we've decided to simplify it and use our favourite cap shape. 

I'm curious to know if Bite is planning on expanding their color line to include more "alternative" colors in the future. I'd love to see an extended range.

Stay tuned for the rest of 2016!

Hello again Susanne,

For individuals interested in a career in cosmetics, particularly formulation design or quality control/assurance is there any advice you could give on education or career paths to segway into the industry? Thank you very much for any information Susanne.

I am happy to hear that you are interested in this field.

Working at Sephora would give you amazing exposure to many great brands. 

There is also an excellent Cosmetic Chemistry program in New Jersey called Fairleigh Dickinson.  Many of my chemists attended this institution. 

(0) Hearts

Thank you very much for the information Susanne!

(0) Hearts

I would also love any advice you have!

(0) Hearts

I just wanted to let you know I am great fan of Bite products. I have two questions for you -

1. Does your Agava lip mask help me reducing lip wrinkles. Does it has any long lasting effect?

2. Is there a lip stick which is long lasting?

[ Edited ]

Nothing is better than hydrated, healthy-feeling lips. The Agave Lip Mask definitely makes you feel that way.

Also, our Matte Creme Lip Crayons have the most long-lasting formula. 

(0) Hearts

Hi Susanne,

I took some of my new bite lip crayons and mini lipstick duos on a trip to a warmer country, I few of them I used only a hand full of times, others not at all. After my return I noticed they smell like they have gone off, like old lipstick rancid smell. Are they still ok to us? They are alittle over a year old and it makes me sad to think I need to toss them out since I can't get over the smell or that they have gone bad already. Please advice.

Hi! Great question. We use natural essential oils and flavours which are more volatile than synthetics so they tend to wear away quicker.  No need to worry, your product is just fine to continue using! 

(0) Hearts

Hey there, 

just wanted say I am a big fan of bite beauty ( gave them as gifts for Xmas the are a wonderful formula) and I wanted to know what your fav colour for spring is going to be? 

Thanks,

ran.

[ Edited ]

'Spritzer' from our Amuse Bouche collection is definitely going to be a go-to for me this spring!

(0) Hearts

Hi Susanne,

I LOVE your products! Would you have a recommendation for a shade alternative to Torte from your Best Bite Rewind 2015 tin?

(0) Hearts

Hi Susanne,

I love bite beauty and try to buy as many colors as possible. Are there are kits coming out for holiday 2016?