sephoraadmin2

Live Chat with Smashbox!

[ Edited ]

smashbox_Chat.jpg

This chat is now closed! Thank you for your participation!

Get set for Valentine’s Day! Ask an industry expert a makeup question of your own. Just visit this thread on February 13 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with Lori Taylor Davis, Global Pro Lead Artist for Smashbox. Learn how to create a glam, natural, or romantic look, and how to use the new Smashbox Full Exposure Palette effortlessly enhance your eye shape. 

Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Learn more about the brand> http://seph.me/1esCG27

JessicaMK

Re: Live Chat with Smashbox!

(0) Hearts

Hi Lori, which eye shadow colors/shades look the most natural on Asian (yellow) skin for an everyday/nude look? Thank you!

smashboxbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try M3, M4 and M5 from the Full Exposure Palette or our Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Litho for a more glammed up everyday look. 

smashboxbeauty

Global Pro Lead Artist, Lori Taylor Davis, signing out for the day! Thanks so much for all of your AMAZING questions, loved spending the afternoon with you all! Lori_BeautyTalk.jpg

kandacerdayton

(0) Hearts

I always put my eyeliner on first before mascara because I hate to clump my mascara while putting on eyeliner after. how do I avoid smearing my eyeliner while curling my lashes? 

smashboxbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Make sure you're using the right formula of liner (rich in color, dries quickly and is waterproof...Limitless Liquid Liner Pen is perfect!) 

bjsl

(0) Hearts

Hi Lori...One last question:smileyhappy: Which setting powder is best for a matte look that won't make me look cakey?

smashboxbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Any Halo Powder can be used as a setting powder when applied with a loose powder brush. It's my go-to! 

nannyjenny

(0) Hearts

Which one of the trio shadows would be good for my brown hooded eyes?

nannyjenny

(0) Hearts

Perfect! Team "Elegant" hahahaha:smileywink:

smashboxbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Filter, Litho and Sepia will be gorgeous on brown eyes and will give you the right amount of definition. 

tickledxpink

(0) Hearts

I have asian small lids. How do I use eyeshadow without looking too overdone??Thanks

smashboxbeauty

The trick is to maximize your lid space! Layer colors that are subtle (M4, M3 and M5) with a pop of M6 right on the ball of the eye...this will give you the look you're looking for. 

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I use a CC cream daily and while I love the luminosity it provides and the fact that it preserves the natural flush of my face, I do find that it leaves my skin a bit sticky. I'm fairly confident I'm using the correct amount and recently purchased a finishing powder to try and help with the final texture without losing the CC cream's beautiful finish. 

Do you have any recommendations for any finishing/setting powder products I could try that won't leave a matte/flat finish?

smashboxbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You need to start with a good primer (I recommend Photo Finish Primer Light) and set with Anti Shine. Try this combo, it'll leave the luminosity you love without any stickiness.  

bjsl

(0) Hearts

Hi Lori...I have very dry and sensitive skin and wanted to know which Smashbox primer would work best for me.  I use your Studio Skin 15 Hour foundation (love). Thanks

smashboxbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

HYDRATING PRIMER! It's my favorite. I have dry skin too and this is a serious skin saver. 

rab4

(0) Hearts

Can you give and tips for drawing a cat eye for hooded eyes. No matter what I do my eyelid "eats' the line and it disappears. 

smashboxbeauty

(0) Hearts

Wing it out, girl! Make the line thicker and extend it. It's going to look more dramatic but it'll give you that glam cat-eye you're looking for. 

BamaElegance

(0) Hearts

Lori I am a makeup artist as well and my question is for ladies with small squinted eyes. If they are wanting a smokey eye look, I normally like to use a metallic in the center or underneath but some don't want this. How would you handle this and what would you use to open the eye without taking too much from the dark smokey effect they are desiring?

TinaLeAnn Bice

smashboxbeauty

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Using shadows that have a taupe undertone (like M5 and M2 from the Full Exposure Palette) and in place of shadow use a soft pencil liner and Smudge...Always Sharp in Storm or Penny Lane are perfect for this effect! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 84 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • rab4
    • superfam
    • nannyjenny
    • luvmakeup4er
    • missdillow