cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

041416_SOCIAL_BeautyTalk_TomFord_v2.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

The creative mind behind a luxurious beauty line is taking your questions! Philippe Chansel, TOM FORD Beauty’s director of innovation and product development, is making an appearance on BeautyTalk. Visit this thread on April 14 from 1 to 2pm PDT to participate in our live Q&A. Ask him anything—from how he predicts trends to his inspiration behind the latest TOM FORD Soleil Collection.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Please note: If any of the products that are mentioned today are currently out of stock please know we are working to get them back on the site. To make sure you're in the know, please sign up for email notification on the product's page. Philippe does not have any additional information about what date these products will return.

Happy live chatting! 

Re: Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

Hi Philippe, what is the best type of foundation to wear for oily skin? I feel like even if I used a primer my makeup doesn't stay on well because my skin is so oily. 

If you have both use the Pieno Sole with finger dabbed along cheek and temples. And then use Pink Sand on apples of the cheeks.

Will you ever do a collaborative with a celebrity? where do you draw inspiration for launches?

I highly doubt it because Tom Ford is our celebrity.

I draw inspiration from my Fashion collection, Art, Architecture, and people I meet.

What are some people you have met that inspired you?

Love this answer! @tomfordbeauty

Me, too!!

Hi Philippe, you mentioned there are 12 US stores getting the Tom Ford collection in store - how many Canadian stores will be getting it?

Thanks,

9 in Canada and Canada.com will be receiving the collection.

Hello Philippe!

Tom Ford has been a makeup brand at the forefront of men's cosmetics. Can we expect any collections dedicated to men in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Yes there is Men's Grooming collection if you wish to explore it.

Sephora online in the U.S already received Bicoastal and it was great they were able to use their discount last week.

Unfortunately Canada was left out of this..any news when Bicoastal blush duo will be up for Canada? We are all very patiently yet deperately waiting for this!

Also any suggestions for usage for bicoastal since its a new formula in blush. 

For subtle color, use the formula dry. For high impact, damp your brush and apply for a pop of vibrancy. 

P.S. Bicoastal will be in Canada in April!

What type of brush would you suggest? I had a hard time picking up the blush colour. The highlighter applied beautifully!

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us, Philippe! This is a real treat.

I am a huge fan of the Lips & Boys line and love the wide variety of different shades that Mr. Ford dreams up. Can we expect to see this line coming to Sephora in the future?

Hello ExquisiteGypsy,

Have you tried any of our Soleil Collection Lipsticks? If you love Lips & Boys, try our Ultra-Rich Lip Color formula. It offers luminous and vivid lip color shades that lasts up to six hours.

Thanks for the suggestion, Philippe - I'll have to try them out!

Hello Philippe!

I've watched you for many years on HSN and really appreciate the great tutorials you've presented there. You have a great knack for explaining product and you're artistry skills are beautiful. 

Really excited to see you working with Tom Ford! Are there any plans to do a collaboration with Sephora, maybe an exclusive kit or product? So happy Tom Ford is now at Sephora and more accessible. Thanks for chatting with us today!

Hello pixiedust2,

Thank you so much! That's very kind. Glad to hear you enjoyed my tutorials. 

The Soleil Summer Collection is our first entry into color here at Sephora. If you haven't had a chance to experience it yet, I would recommend The Soleil Contouring Compact in The Afternooner with it's three sensual summer shades in a Tom Ford compact. 

Hi Philippe! Thank you so much for joining us today! Since there are already  so many great TF makeup-related questions below, I'd like to throw a few questions on my beloved private blend line of the fragrances! 🙂 

1. I had never seen a major fragrance house coming with a decanter bottle as big as 500ml for purchase (for everyday customers like us, that is), until I discovered TF private blends, and I thought it was quite unusual. Was there any particular reason or motivation behind making those such big bottles available? 

2. It seems like layering fragrance is not a new concept anymore- if you have any favorite combo that you can share with us, that would be great! Any all time favorites, or your favorite for the summer? 

3. My two absolute favorites from the private blends are Jasmin Rouge and Champaca Absolute, but they kind of seem a bit heavy for the summer time. Any tips on making them more wearable for the summer? 

Looking forward to hearing about what you think, and thank you so much again for your time with us! ❤️ Nari

Hello Nari,

As a fragrance connoisseur, you love our fragrances and it’s that love that fueled the fire to create the large size or our decanters.

Try Soleil Blanc as an alternative to Jasmin Rouge and Champaca Absolute – it was inspired by remote private islands where summer lasts all year long. I think you’ll enjoy it!

3 Replies
testing