cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

041416_SOCIAL_BeautyTalk_TomFord_v2.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

The creative mind behind a luxurious beauty line is taking your questions! Philippe Chansel, TOM FORD Beauty’s director of innovation and product development, is making an appearance on BeautyTalk. Visit this thread on April 14 from 1 to 2pm PDT to participate in our live Q&A. Ask him anything—from how he predicts trends to his inspiration behind the latest TOM FORD Soleil Collection.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Please note: If any of the products that are mentioned today are currently out of stock please know we are working to get them back on the site. To make sure you're in the know, please sign up for email notification on the product's page. Philippe does not have any additional information about what date these products will return.

Happy live chatting! 

Re: Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

I alos wanted to say thank you for the gift I received from the brand (Afternooner and 2 Moisturecore lipsticks).  What I most appreciate about the Soleil collection is that is has products that lean warm as well as some that lean cool.  Too many summer collections don't.

The brand has some very distinctive finishes and shades, yet they're also especially flattering on.  What is the creative process that goes into choosing certain colors or shades in a collection?  What makes the difference is colors that are gorgeous - but either work on a real person or don't?

Thanks for taking time to do the chat?

Thank you for this question, meganlisa. Developing a new collection is a collaboration with Mr. Ford and we are influenced by his fashion sense and taste. We, in product development, present to him innovations in formulas and product types and then we partner closely to choose the best shades for each formula. Believe it or not, we ask a lot of staff with varying complexions to try the shades so that we can get a real understanding of what it will look like on our consumers.

Fascinating!  Most of us on BT would love to be a fly on the wall for those meetings!

Thanks for chatting with us Philippe! I really love being able to try the lipsticks in mini sizes in the Lips and Boys collection. Will this be an annual collection? If so, maybe Sephora could have an exclusive color? 🙂

We are so happy to hear you love the Lips & Boys collection! I can not disclose this now but stay tuned for an update!

I would love to see a soleil version of the Tom Ford brushes line! The white and gold would look stunning. Also brush kits would be awesome as well for travelling! 

Could this happen down the line?

Hey Nush,

Thank you for this suggestion! We love hearing suggestions and feedback from our fans. 

Thank you!! and wow you remembered my name! 🙂 sorry for asking so many questions 😊

I KNOW @njattana.. Im a bit starstruck right now so pardon me.....😘

Hi Philippe, thank you for chatting with us today! Can we expect more eyeshadow quads in the Nude Dip & Honeymoon formula?

Glad to hear you love the shades. Not right now but I also love that formula and maybe we will in the future.

Thanks!

Hello!

As a very fair redhead, I desperately would love to have a Tom Ford foundation, concealer, and brow product. Unfortunately, the foundation and concealer shades are too dark for me and the brow products are not quite suitable for gingers. Do you have any plans to extend the shade range to accommodate the very fair and or red heads?

Thank you so much!

Agreed on the limitations for porcelain and alabaster tones.  Hope these options can be expanded!

We are currently working with Product Development to look into wider shade ranges. 

HI, I love Tom Ford product and am a highlighter junkie so it was a given that I had to purchase the highlighter bronzer duo when it came out awhile back.  But I am having a very hard time applying it so that it makes an impact.  Any tips for applying it.  The gelee formula is tough for me to use.  Thanks for your feedback.

Hello skidrose,

If you love highlighter, try our Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust that flatters all skintones while moisturizing and soothing the skin.

From the Soleil collection, try the our Skin Illuminator in Fire Fly. I mix it with foundation or even my body moisturizer. It's a great multi-tasker that gives a beautiful rose gold shimmer to the skin.

Might you have advice on how to pick up the highlight shade in Moodlight? Many of us find the gelee formula challenging to pick up the highlighter in this compact.

I haven't found that to be a problem.  I use a crescent shaped brush from another fashion designer line that I won't mention here out of respect, but it works really well with the formula.  I had issues with the darker shade coming on too strong for my fair skin and the brush has made a huge impact in the execution.

I have the same issues. Perhaps you could PM me with the details when convenient.

5 Replies
testing