cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

041416_SOCIAL_BeautyTalk_TomFord_v2.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

The creative mind behind a luxurious beauty line is taking your questions! Philippe Chansel, TOM FORD Beauty’s director of innovation and product development, is making an appearance on BeautyTalk. Visit this thread on April 14 from 1 to 2pm PDT to participate in our live Q&A. Ask him anything—from how he predicts trends to his inspiration behind the latest TOM FORD Soleil Collection.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Please note: If any of the products that are mentioned today are currently out of stock please know we are working to get them back on the site. To make sure you're in the know, please sign up for email notification on the product's page. Philippe does not have any additional information about what date these products will return.

Happy live chatting! 

Re: Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

Can you share more about the upcoming resort collection? What can we expect in color story/concept and type of products? Any quads?

We will have new additions to Soleil. However I can't divulge yet. But trust me it will be fabulous.

Awesome, Can't wait!!

Hello, Mr. Chansel.  I love the Tom Ford line of lip sheers; my lips always feel better after wearing them.  I'm also impressed by the pigmentation and wear from the lip color and matte lines.  Are there any lip stains awaiting us for the fall/winter?

Yes we have new innovation in the Fall in the lip category.

We will have new additions to the line-up in Lips for Fall and Winter. Stay tuned!

what is the Tom Ford beauty expression of a brides makeup for her wedding day?

Hello lmpark,

For very beautiful eyes, our Cream Powder Eye Duo in Golden Peach is ideal. For lips, our Ultra-Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me because the day is about you afterall! For cheeks, to bring out your bridal glow, Sheer Cheek Duo in Bicoastal – a pair of perfect pinks to give you beautiful skin. And one extra tip: Soleil Shimmering Body Oil will make the day perfect for you.

should I add a highlighter or is the Bicoastal enough? I love the shade + illuminate for a clear, glowing, sheen.

What do you think sets your lipsticks apart from your competitor's lipsticks and how do you justify the pricing on your lipsticks?

We always use the most luxurious and high quality ingredients. Moisturecore has murumuru butter and melon extract for a very hydrating effect.

Ultra-rich is a beautiful formula that lasts up to 6 hours and is also very hydrating.

Thank you for taking the time to talk with us today.  What advice would you have for someone wants to get on the career path like yours? 

I started my career as a freelance make-up artist. Then I got involved with MAC cosmetics and that experience led to my experience at Tom Ford.

My advise is to start find your passion and go after any opportunity that presents itself and love what you do.

Will your products be available inside Sephora stores or online only?

They will be available in 12 stores in the US and on dot.com.

I am wondering if Sephora will be getting more items from the line soon (and if they will be available to swatch in store).

We will have new additions in Winter. Stay tuned!

I wish complete line available at Sephora.

Hi Philippe!

Do you anticipate doing a collaborative line or collection with sephora in the future?

Hi Philippe, 

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions! 
I've really been loving the cream eyeshadow pots (and the duos), but I'm curious if you have any tips on the best way to wear them or any creative ways of using them?

Thank you!

You can use them alone or layer different colors over each other. You can use them as an eyeshadow base and use a powder shadow over it.

testing