cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

041416_SOCIAL_BeautyTalk_TomFord_v2.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

The creative mind behind a luxurious beauty line is taking your questions! Philippe Chansel, TOM FORD Beauty’s director of innovation and product development, is making an appearance on BeautyTalk. Visit this thread on April 14 from 1 to 2pm PDT to participate in our live Q&A. Ask him anything—from how he predicts trends to his inspiration behind the latest TOM FORD Soleil Collection.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Please note: If any of the products that are mentioned today are currently out of stock please know we are working to get them back on the site. To make sure you're in the know, please sign up for email notification on the product's page. Philippe does not have any additional information about what date these products will return.

Happy live chatting! 

Re: Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

Right now Cream is the lightest. But we are always looking to expand.

Yes, I hope to see lighter shades, too!

Thanks for chatting! Are we going to see more of the blushes with the gelee formula? I really enjoy it and think Bicoastal gives the perfect wash of color! Or is there another option in the works to replace the current blushes? Hopefully with a broader range of colors??

Are you going to be moving more of your line over to Sephora after the introduction with the Soleil collection?

We work a year or two years in advance so there is always new projects in the works. Right now there will be no immediate changes to the formula. BiCoastal is one of my favorites.

Hi Philippe! Thanks for talking to us today

I was wondering what your favorites are from the Soleil collection this year? And what your recommendations are from the permanent collection for someone of my skintone (med-dark)? I am thinking of picking up a blush but am unsure of which shades would show up on me the best.  

Also, any info on what you guys are working on for Fall and Winter? And what are the plans for expanding the TF range in Sephoras? My closest stores are SF Powell, Walnut Creek and Emeryville (all in California), and I'm wondering if they will be carrying Tom Ford products soon. Thanks so much!

Hi Njattana,

I am so glad that you enjoy our products! Which of the Soleil products are your favorite?

Hi Philippe!

I'm so excited to see the spring/summer sale at sephora! I already purchased one of the items from the collection, I was wondering if sephora canada was going to be selling the permanent collection? I love your brand! Truly luxurious and high quality products

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer our questions, I can't wait to hear about your inspirations and what there is to come in the futur! 🙂

Jessica

So glad you love the products, Jessica! Which Soleil items are you using now?

Do you plan to release any Lips and Boys in matte formula? And do you plan to expand the color range of permanent blush line?

Lately the trend in lipsticks is going brighter and bolder, will you be adding an "alternative" colors to your line in the near future?

Hi Killahbabe,

Colors like Le Mepris and Aphrodite are bold and seductive. They also provide full coverage. Double win!

Hello Philippe and welcome to Beautytalk! 

I am so excited that Sephora especially here in Canada is carrying the Tom Ford Beauty line! I hope perm items will soon follow. 3 questions for you!

1- There are rumours that all the blushes in the range are being pulled/discontinued..is this true and what should we look forward to. If not will more colors be introduced especially matte formulation?

2- I was recently sent gratis by Sephora and Tom Ford (thanks!) and it included the Terra bronzer. I have medium-tan skin tone so can you suggest the best way to apply this..should I contour or bronze up the face? 

3- I love the colors in the honeymoon quad but finding it difficult to pick up any pigment on my brush when used dry..I have tried both synthetic and natural hair brushes but on the lid the colors are not depositting and are not that strong..any suggestions other than using it wet?

Thank you for being here with us!

Best,

Nush 

Hi Nush,

Start with a light dusting of the Terra Bronzing Powder all over the face using a light, soft brush and then build up the color on the cheeks, temples and jawline. If you want a truly sun-kissed look, brush the powder across the bridge of the nose.

With eye shadows, I love using a smaller, firmer brush to get better results.

Thank you for answering @tomfordbeauty Philippe! I will try your suggestions!

Will the moisturecore lipsticks be made permanent?  Ortranto is so lovely.

I want to ask same, my dry lips love moisture core lipsticks.

We are keeping the Moisturecore Lipsticks in the line.

You made my day - thank you!

Hi Beauty Talkers-

Welcome to our live chat. We are so excited to have just launched the Tom Ford Soleil 2016 Color collection in Sephora!  I look forward to answering all your questions and am excited to help you with your summertime looks using the most luxurious formulas from bronzing to lip color, so ask away!

Thank you for chatting with us! Most of my questions have been asked below so i will be looking forward to your answers 🙂

Thanks for chatting!  Love the cosmetics and hope to see more of them, as well as more skincare.  

Any chance you can tell us that Violet Blonde is coming back?

testing