cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

041416_SOCIAL_BeautyTalk_TomFord_v2.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

The creative mind behind a luxurious beauty line is taking your questions! Philippe Chansel, TOM FORD Beauty’s director of innovation and product development, is making an appearance on BeautyTalk. Visit this thread on April 14 from 1 to 2pm PDT to participate in our live Q&A. Ask him anything—from how he predicts trends to his inspiration behind the latest TOM FORD Soleil Collection.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Please note: If any of the products that are mentioned today are currently out of stock please know we are working to get them back on the site. To make sure you're in the know, please sign up for email notification on the product's page. Philippe does not have any additional information about what date these products will return.

Happy live chatting! 

Re: Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

Hi Phillipe! What advice would you have for a graphic design student who is interested in designing packaging for the beauty/makeup industry? 

If you are still in school just gear your studies towards fashion and beauty. If you are of school, practice makes perfect and try to get an internship.

Hello, thanks for coming to BT for a chat.  As a fairly recent consumer of this brand - what would be your recommendations for must haves?  Thanks!

Well you have to have our Soleil Contouring Compact. It's a great introduction to bronzing and highlighting. It gives you dimensions and sensuous color all at once. Add some Soleil Blanc EDP and you're all set!

Thanks for responding and for your recommendation!

Soleil Blanc has been lovely.  It's an unexpected favorite of mine since I tend to prefer more oriental scents. I'd love to have it in a more portable size for travel.

I just purchased my first Tom Ford products from the Soleil line and I'm in love with everything especially the cream and powder eye color.  Will there be more colors coming out?

Yes.There will be a Resort collection in November.

Of all the eye quads, which is a must-have for a first-time purchase?

I am glad you like the Eye Quads however try our Cream Eyeshadows from Soleil.

Philippe, one more I forgot to ask. I have noticed that the lipsticks from the permanent line seem to go "off" as in get the rancid scent faster than any other brands..is there a reason for this and is anything being done to reformulate or fix this issue?

And please please bring back Cognac Sable or atleast that celestial copper color!!!

Thank you! 🙂

Anewxa, I've noticed that only the browner shades seem to go "off" quickly for me, e.g. Deep Mink, Casablanca, Cognac Sable and Sable Smoke.  My reds/pinks/plums (Diabolique, Narcotic Rouge, Aphrodisiac, Bruised Plum, Moroccan Rouge) are still fine.

That's interesting. I wonder if there is a particular pigment in the brown/nude shades that goes bad quickly.

Hi Phillippe,

thanks for giving us the opportunity to chat with you! So many of us are loyal Tom Ford fans, like myself. I have a couple of questions: several below have asked the questions about the rumors of the blushes being discontinued.  is it true? Will they be replaced with the newer wet dry formula? Also, the brands lipsticks are basically all I wear. I am a loyal fan! I do find that with some shades, I lose the vanilla scent in less than a year; is that formulation based on color, or do you have storage tips you can share with us? 

Thanks in advance! 

We offer three types of cheek choices within the Soleil collection; Contouring Cheek Compact, the wet and dry cheek duo in Bicoastal, and the Cream Cheek Color. We feel these will satisfy most of our Tom Ford fans' product wishes!

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for chatting with us today. I am addicted to Tom Ford Beauty and love most of the products I have. In Canada we don't have the liquid foundations (traceless perfecting one), any plans to get it here in the future?

Also I am curious if you are releasing new Limited edition quads this fall?

Cheers!

Hi Philippe! My personal style tends to be classic with a few trendy pops, though it can be challenging to merge some trends with the basics. Do you have any tips and/or products to help keep a look modern but timeless?

We would recommend a Natural Eye. Golden Peach would be an ideal choice. It features a cream shadow and the choice of powder shadow that can be placed on top and add a fashionable texture.

For lips, bring out your personality in a bright pink, Aphrodite or Neutral like Les Mepris.

That sounds like a beautiful look! Thank you so much! Heart

Hi Philippe,

Will Tom Ford re-launch any of the limited edition now discontinued quads such as Violet Dusk, Burnished Amber? I would love to see these come back! Thanks.

Anonymous Insider

Hi Philippe, 

I absolutely love the formula of the Traceless Stick Foundation but my shade (Alabaster) has been discontinued. Will there be another shade lighter than Cream in the future? Or should I be hoarding any more Alabaster sticks I can find? Thanks for taking some time to chat with us today! 

2 Replies
testing