cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with PINROSE

06072017_BeautyTalk_Pinrose_ThreadAsset_HANDOFF.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Erika Shumate and Christine Luby, co-creators of PINROSE, are making their BeautyTalk debut on Wednesday, June 7, to answer your fragrance questions. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask them anything—from how to discover your subconscious scent style to tips on how to make your perfume last all day.

Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with PINROSE

Hi Erika and Christine! I don't really have any questions for you, but I just wanted to say I really love Pinrose! I'm a bit of a fragrance junky, and I find myself reaching for your line more than any other. My favorite single scents and layered scents are:

Fall/Winter: Secret Genius + Pinrose, Secret Genius + Gilded Fox, Secret Genius 

Spring/Summer: Merry Maker, Wild Child, Tambourine Dreamer, Wild Child + Garden Gangster

Year round: Pillowtalk Poet 

I want to thank you for finally putting out roller ball sets! Since I like so many from your line, I had a hard time deciding which to buy, but the sets allow me to have many and experiment. I look forward to any new things you have upcoming!

@alexasteph Your note just made us tear-up. Thank you so much for this amazing message. We are so beyond happy that you are finding joy in our scents.

All those combinations are divine! One more to add to your summer mix: try layering Garden Gangster and Tambourine Dreamer. It's like a preppy day in a garden filled with fresh flowers and blossoming fruit trees.

Huge hugs and please keep in touch!!!!!

Hi Erika and Christine!

I recently got one of the rollerball kits as a gift - love the packaging! I found the small booklet inside, and was intrigued with the concept of layering. My question is, how exactly am I supposed to do it?

Do I find some way to mix the two perfumes together before applying? Or just apply both perfumes on the same areas? I'm hoping to not contaminate the rollerballs so the fragrance doesn't start blending in the bottles. I tried searching online but the instructions I found look like they were mixing different scented products (like lotions with body mists).

Would love to know more! (By the way, Pillowtalk Poet is AMAZING.)

Thank you!

@samyeelmy HI! Thank you so much for your thoughtful question!!!

For layering, I like to choose a "base layer" fragrance first. Pillowtalk Poet happens to be an amazing base! I would recommend using your rollerball to swipe on 3 swirls or 3 swipes directly on to your wrist and neck. Let the fragrance dry.

Then I would choose your "highlight layer." I would recommend Sun Saint or Merry Maker as a gentle summer highlight layer.  Take the rollerball of Sun Saint or Merry Maker, and do 2 swirl or swipes directly on top of where you applied the Pillowtalk Poet.

Hope this helps! You can play with the swirl/swipe ratio until you find a mix you love.

How to last the fragrance and like when someone passes by me and I can smell theirs how can do that with mine?

Hey @anyaa16

If you want to get that "linger" effect when you walk past somebody, you should spray the scent on your hair or clothes...that's a way to create an awesome sillage!

Also, try PILLOWTALK POET. It is enigmatic and people will compliment how you smell, even if you feel yourself that the scent is quite elusive!

Do you have suggestions for blending several fragrances?

@sniksker I like to think of blending fragrances like contouring. So I usually pick a soft, round, mellow base (like a vanilla or musk based fragrance) as the contour. Then I choose a brighter fragrance to layer on top (like a soft citrus or bright white floral) to use as the highlighter. 

So, Secret Genius or Pillowtalk Poet as a base. Then layer Merry Maker or Tambourine Dreamer on top.

Let us know what you experiment with and what you like!!!

Hi! I am absolutely in love with Cuddle Punk, but I noticed that it wasn't included in the recent redesign of your bottles. Does this mean it's going to be phased out? (Please say no!)

@JenniferOhJenny

ugh...I know 😞 

So here's the real deal...when we redesigned our packaging, we decided with Sephora that we only were going to feature NINE Skus to make room for the Pinrose Style Kit. While we love Cuddle Punk as much as all of our other children, it didn't make it on Survivor Island because we didn't sell QUITE enough of it last year. 

I'M SO SORRY CUDDLE PUNK IT'S ME NOT YOU!!! 

SO...while it's not currently carried at Sephora, there's the silver lining! It's next up for a redesign! 

I'm excited to try this brand!

@meecheroo

WELCOME TO THE PINROSE FAM WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

If each of you were on a deserted island -- what three beauty products would you have to have with you?

GREAT QUESTION.

#1 Klorane Dry Shampoo - the spray. 

#2 Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+. 

#3 BITE Agave Lip Mask. OMG. I just got this and it really works. I do not like chapsticks. I normally only use aquaphor, but this stuff is amazing. I just used it for my wedding in Arizona (veryyyyy dry) and my lips didn't peel all weekend. 

ok...now i want to know your answers... what do you love? @Katie41888

xx Erika

OK @Katie41888

This is Christine...here are my three!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer (makes me look fresh faced even when I AM NOT)

Pinrose Merry Maker (obvi...the best...)

Klorane Dry Shampoo - THE LOOSE POWDER KIND! (degreases AND hides my roots 🙂

OOOO!!! FUN QUESTION!!! MAKES ME WANT TO TAKE ANOTHER SELFIE!!!!

IMG_0754.JPG

Anonymous Insider

Hi!

I am a huge fan of your fragrances! Since summer is right around the corner, I was hoping to get some suggestions for great Pinrose scents for the summer. 

OH HEYYYYY @Anonymous

Here are my favorites....

For SUMMER LOVIN'.......I recommend Sun Saint. It literally is the beach summer fling of my dreams. Coconut wood and sea salt - sexy, effortless, it-girl.

For OMG IT'S TOO HOT - I CAN'T EVEN....I recommend Merry Maker. This little wonder is like a gentle second skin that will keep you feeling fresh even on the hottest, most humid days. 

For SISTERHOOD ADVENTURE TIME/STAYCATION.....I recommend Tambourine Dreamer. This feminine and airy white lily scent will make you feel like you're on a spiritual vacation.

Now go have some fun adventures and make some summer memories. 🙂 and then report back....

Enjoy this not-very-flattering selfie! We're so excited to be here at Sephora HQ to answer your questions. We love you guys!

IMG_0753.JPG

Looks good to me! Looks like y'all are having fun! 

I just wish that the samples came in regular spray vials.  

@wheeeee thank you so much for the suggestion!!! We'll definitely look into that. hugs

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 06072017_BeautyTalk_Pinrose_ThreadAsset_HANDOFF.jpg
  • IMG_0753.JPG
  • IMG_0754.JPG
testing