Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Kate Somerville and DERMAdoctor!

01182016_BeautyTalk_Jan-Skincare.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you all for participating! 

The women we trust most with our skin are making an appearance on BeautyTalk! Visit this thread on January 13 from 12 to 2 pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with brand founders Kate Somerville and Dr. Audrey Kunin of DERMADoctor. Ask them anything—from how to target signs of aging to tips on choosing the skincare routine that’s right for you.

Kate Somerville: 12–1 pm PST
DERMAdoctor: 1–2 pm PST

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville and DERMAdoctor!

Hi mllaca! Having struggled with Eczema myself, I can tell you definitely have to try my Eczema Therapy Cream. It was developed for face and body, you can even use it on your lips! It's my dry skin saver. xo, Kate

http://www.sephora.com/eczema-therapy-cream-P386715?

Thanks Kate!! Will definitely try this immediately. Didn't realize you had an Eczema specific product. Appreciate you taking the time to answer me! ❤️

Spoiler

How do you manage acne and aging skin concerns?

Hi itscarin! Having my three clinic essentials for perfect skin will get you on the right path - exfoliate, boost and moisturize. I recommend starting with ExfoliKate Intensive, DermalQuench Clear and Oil Free Moisturizer, which will help clear and moisturizer your skin. xo, Kate

http://www.sephora.com/exfolikate-intensive-exfoliating-treatment-P232915?

http://www.sephora.com/dermalquench-clear-anti-acne-treatment-P387805?

http://www.sephora.com/oil-free-moisturizer-P232906?

Hi Kate,

I have serious acnes on my chins, but other parts are fine. I want to know why my acnes mainly happens on my chins. And what kind of products can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Anonymous Insider

Hi Kate! I was wondering what will happen to exfolikate with the ban on microbeads? As a Sephora skincare consultant, I love this exfoliator and hope you will reformulate. I also have clients in a panic! Hoping I can at least assure that they won't be losing their favorite exfoliator! Any plans?

Thank you!

Hi skincare426, we are reformulating with natural silica and it will be available in 2017. It feels the exact same as the current formula and I promise you won't notice the difference. Great question! xo, Kate

Hi Kate, I really like the Eradikate treatment, but I find it dries out my skin.

Do you have any suggestions on what I might do to avoid this?

Thanks for your time!

Hi Mochapj, try my EradiKate Mask Foam-Activated Acne Treatment which has skin soothing ingredients and a lower concentration of sulfur. You can also use the mask to spot treat! xo, Kate

http://www.sephora.com/eradikate-mask-foam-activated-acne-treatment-P393675?

Hello, Kate,

I absolutely love Exfolikate! I got my co-worker into it too. Is there another product you recommend in addition to that for oily/acne-prone skin?

Love your acne spot treatment!  I was wondering what cleanser and moisturizer you would recommend for a woman in her thirties with dry, sensitive skin?  Thanks!

Hi Kate!

i have oily skin, but I'm starting to see some small signs of aging around my eyes and a line on my forehead that I blame on old job stress. What would you suggest adding into my skin care regime?  Thanks!! 🙂

Hi Kate,

My daughter is suffering from acne, acne scarring and light pitting.  She's 19 and away at college.  I bought her the clinic to go resurfacing peel and she thinks she is breaking out from that.  I also just bought her the gentle exfolikate and the retrosphere.  Are these the right products for her and if so, how often can she use each of them and can she keep the peel pad on longer than the 2 minutes?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, she is truly suffering.

Hi Kate and Dr. Audrey, 

I've been on BCP for awhile, which was controlling my acne superbly. I recently did a dermplaning facial and was warned not to introduce any new products to my skin at this time..of course I was on vacation and completely forgot about this and used a couple of new products. My skin didn't respond well and I started having tiny bumps. Around this same time I (stupidly) decided to take a break from my BCP...let's just say I am still paying for this mistake. I've been to the Derma, who gave me a sulfur soap and Deriva C to help; it didn't work, needless to say I think the Deriva broke me out even more. 

I am now back on the BCP, off the Deriva and now trying tirelessly to regain control of my skin. It's quite a battle. 

I believe I may have cystic acne (I could be wrong as I was never diagnosed), but the bumps are often large, swollen, under the surface bumps that hurt. I also have smaller bumps, I believe these are whiteheads or just clogged pores.

Anyways, given that info, is there anything that you could recommend for those types of bumps, as well as something to aid with acne scars. 

Thanks 

Hi Kate! 

As I'm getting older I'm getting more texture on my skin. I tried Retin-A but my skin couldn't tolerate it. Does your line contain any products that can help me with this issue? Thanks so much! 

Hi cig01, my new DermalQuench Liquid Lift + Retinol will be perfect for you! In clinical results, 100% of women showed significant improvement in the appearance of skin roughness. xo, Kate

Hey IT people, we don't see Kate's replies to each question ( I can't even follow my conversation with her, it's gone I( thank to my fast reading I got her answer but now it's gone in both main chat room and this specific one)! Bad IT, bad...

Hi lucky! 

Your question and Kate's response is on the last page of the chat 🙂

At this moment it's page 5 but that will change as we get more questions!

Thanks, 

Katie

Hello Kate,

What a treat to get to talk to you! I read recently that you regularly shave the peach fuzz from your face. As I've aged I've noticed that my fuzz has become more visible. I have considered shaving, but I am a bit aprehensive. Can you please recommend a method as well as the best tools and products?

Thanks kindly,

Sheridan

Hi Audrey,

Has DermaDoctor considered a facial Keratosis pilaris product? I have KP on my body and use the scrub, but I also have it on my face and the scrub is too rough for my face.

Thanks!

Actually, yes we have discussed the possibility. Here’s the good news – I personally have tried KP Duty Lotion on my face during the winter and it’s been amazing for dryness and normalizing skin texture. You may want to give it a try. Also, you may want to also incorporate Physical Chemistry into your routine a few nights a week. It can help smooth out those bumps and help create an incredible glow to your complexion, all at the same time. Your skin will feel amazing!

testing