Live Chat with Kat Von D

Sephoraadmin

Live Chat with Kat Von D

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! If your question did not get answered, Kat will do her best to post more responses as she can.

Kat's message to her fans:

"OMG!  

I cant believe an hour went by so fast!!  This was so cool! I hope Sephora will let me do this again so i can chat with you guys again!!!    

Just wanted to send you all a BIG THANK YOU for making the time to connect with me, and im sorry i couldnt answer all the questions - I swear i was typing as fast as i possibly could (with the least amount of spelling errors!)  

Con Amor,

Kat Von D"

See it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309743#M1154

kvd_pic.jpg

Whether it’s her namesake cosmetics collection, TV stardom, or tattoos, Kat Von D’s edgy-glam attitude attracts a lot of intrigue.  Visit this thread on March 15 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the woman behind the beauty brand. It’s your turn to ask her expert advice on anything—from inspiration to favorite tips.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when Kat answers your question. To subscribe to a post, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/xcCczC

thekatvond

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

[ Edited ]

amycishere wrote:
Hi Kat! i loved meeting you in Miami, you made my day! Have you ever thought of re-releasing updated versions of your favorite discontinued palettes like Gypsy? Or a palette that features a variety bright grassy greens?

I'd LOVE to - but unfortunately that was a limited edition!  Thats one of my favorite palettes ever!  Great minds think alike!

estevanc

(0) Hearts

Kat, What or who inspired you to come up with a makeup line for Sephora?

thekatvond

estevanc wrote:

Kat, What or who inspired you to come up with a makeup line for Sephora?

Hm.. well, id have to say ultimately, i blame my mom for getting me into makeup (at an early age), as far as my original inspiration... but i think as i got older, and started listening to a lot of different bands, (for example, Siouxsie and The Banshees) my influences gravitated more towards those who were brave enough to express themselves in that way...

Fast forward to now, when Sephora approached me about doing a makeupline, i was completely stoked, considering what an avid makeup collector i had become - and together with their creative team we spent hours and hours talking about ideas, testing new products, formulas, etc and we were able to create the line. xo!

jacksonink

Hi Kat,

I was wondering what you think is the best brushes to use for applying eyeshadows.

Thanks so much,

Emily Williams

Jackson, Mo

thekatvond

[ Edited ]

jacksonink wrote:

Hi Kat,

I was wondering what you think is the best brushes to use for applying eyeshadows.

Thanks so much,

Emily Williams

Jackson, Mo

I usually average using 3-5 different brushes for eyeshadow, depending on the look.  But id say if i had to be stuck on a desert island with one brush (i know, thats a silly scenario), i would say a good rounded shadow brush for blending would do the trick for me.  Smashbox, Sephora Brand, (as well as the ones in my line) are go-to brushes.  xo!

spunkymonkey

Dear Kat, how do I create the perfect winged liner, using a gel?

thekatvond

[ Edited ]

spunkymonkey wrote:

To be honest, I havent practiced much eyeliner using gel formulas - I still love using my original Autograph Liquid eyeliner - but often times go between using that one and the Tattoo Liner in Trooper black.  I think the Tattoo Liner really lends itself to creating a maticulous sharp and perfect wing.  But now that you mention it, i should probably try the gel type! :smileyhappy:

spunkymonkey

(0) Hearts

Love it! Thanks!<3 I'll try that!

daizzy72

(0) Hearts

Can we still get the original autograph liner?  It is no longer carried by my Sephora, just the pen kind...  I have trouble using that one since I am more "mature" lol  and it skips on my lids.  Thank you Kat!

thekatvond wrote:

spunkymonkey wrote:

To be honest, I havent practiced much eyeliner using gel formulas - I still love using my original Autograph Liquid eyeliner - but often times go between using that one and the Tattoo Liner in Trooper black.  I think the Tattoo Liner really lends itself to creating a maticulous sharp and perfect wing.  But now that you mention it, i should probably try the gel type! :smileyhappy:

glossy

Re: Coming Soon: Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hi Kat!  I love your artistic eye for everything including makeup and photography (yay for instagram!).  But this is a question about your skincare.  Even with all of your closeup's your skin looks perfect.  What products do you use to wash and treat?  Favorite SPF products?

thekatvond

Re: Coming Soon: Live Chat with Kat Von D

[ Edited ]

glossy wrote:

Hi Kat!  I love your artistic eye for everything including makeup and photography (yay for instagram!).  But this is a question about your skincare.  Even with all of your closeup's your skin looks perfect.  What products do you use to wash and treat?  Favorite SPF products?

Yay!  I love Instagram!  My favorite moisturizing mask is the Rose Face Mask by Fresh - and funny enough, for exfoliation I also absolutely love the Sugar Scrub, by Fresh as well!  As for fave SPF, Sephora actually makes one of my faves - Flawless Moisturizing lotion.  xo!

calluna13

Re:Live Chat with Kat Von D

(0) Hearts

Kat, regarding your skincare questions (my face is a disaster since I'm always a sweating EMT ;-), what is your skin type? I ask because I appreciate you sharing your skincare regime, but I'm curious if it would work for my skin type.

Thanks for taking your time to chat with us regular folks :-).

angiedoll

¿Tienes algún consejo para mantener la piel clara? gracias!--Angie

thekatvond

angiedoll wrote:

¿Tienes algún consejo para mantener la piel clara? gracias!--Angie

Thanks for writing to me in Spanish but for the sake of everyone being able to read it, ill respond in English - and i hope thats ok! :smileyhappy:  As for your question, I usually find it easy to keep my skin clear by sticking to my daily (and nightly cleansers and moisturizers). 

tinavondizer

(0) Hearts

hey kathy hope u doing great:smileyhappy:

how long do u use for ur daily make up?i love ur palettes and u soo much

angiedoll

(0) Hearts

what would you recomend?

kiki21

(0) Hearts

What do you use for cleansers and moisturizers? your skin always looks perfect<3

thekatvond

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

kiki21 wrote:

What do you use for cleansers and moisturizers? your skin always looks perfect<3

Hi kiki!

Some of my favorite skincare products are by Fresh - I love their moisturizing Rose Face Mask and for exfoliation I absolutely love the Sugar Scrub! And Sephora actually makes one of my fave SPFs - Flawless Moisturizing lotion.  xo!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 269 replies
  • 191 hearts
  • 135 in conversation
    • glossy
    • thekatvond
    • Sephoraadmin
    • AmyC
    • jaimaroo
    • knitegamer