Sephoraadmin

Live Chat with Kat Von D

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! If your question did not get answered, Kat will do her best to post more responses as she can.

Kat's message to her fans:

"OMG!  

I cant believe an hour went by so fast!!  This was so cool! I hope Sephora will let me do this again so i can chat with you guys again!!!    

Just wanted to send you all a BIG THANK YOU for making the time to connect with me, and im sorry i couldnt answer all the questions - I swear i was typing as fast as i possibly could (with the least amount of spelling errors!)  

Con Amor,

Kat Von D"

See it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309743#M1154

kvd_pic.jpg

Whether it’s her namesake cosmetics collection, TV stardom, or tattoos, Kat Von D’s edgy-glam attitude attracts a lot of intrigue.  Visit this thread on March 15 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the woman behind the beauty brand. It’s your turn to ask her expert advice on anything—from inspiration to favorite tips.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when Kat answers your question. To subscribe to a post, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/xcCczC

josd71

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

Hi Kat...I first want to say that I've been a fan since you were on Miami Ink.  I think you're an amazing business women....a great role model!  I love you style from makeup to clothing....not to mention SHOES! :smileywink:  I love your makeup line...I'm always checking to see what's new....your shadow palettes are amazing, and I can't live without my Sinner eyeliner in Trooper....it's the best liner I've ever bought!  I loved your Angeleno makeup case...unfortunately it was discontinued....do you think you'll come out with a new one?  Also, I few months back I was in the Sephora at the Americana in Glendale and was buying one of your shadow palettes and was told that there was word that you would be visiting the store in very near future....fact or fiction?

Keep up the great work!

Jocelyn D

Glendale, CA

kvdworld

You are the most creative person on Earth and you express it through your art, makeup, poems, books.... I love how you promote the tattoo world very well and let people find beauty in that. Nobody do it like you Xo <3

jeanpascale

hey kat how do you get your makeup to be so perfect

abeatrriz

Hi Kat, how do you highlight your eyes anymore? I think really beautiful the way you do your makeup

tinavondizer

do u want to use more fan names on ur palettes??

melodyannz

hi kat

I have an idea more than a question..  I think you should make your own eyelash curler. With some script on it.. i think that would sell so well! And i would love more colors in the nails polishes like one that matches the adora foil lipstick!

I love all you makeup 

im a cast member at Santa barbara and i love you makeup so much!

Come by and visit!

portiavon

Hi, I am such a huge fan and i would love to ask you 2 questions, my friends are so glad i am going to post on here, so here goes. 1. When applying mascara how would you apply in for an even finish. 2. I know this is out of term but i have always wanted to know where do you get your journals that you write about your tattoos from

I love you. Your such an inspiration to all women and myself. I hope more happiness comes to you in the future Portia. UK PLEASE COMMENT BACK PLEASE I HAVE BEEN HERE FROM THE START 12PM! X

Sephoraadmin

Hi Portia! Kat has answered your question. Check it out! 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/OPEN-NOW-Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309415#M1013

portiavon wrote:

Hi, I am such a huge fan and i would love to ask you 2 questions, my friends are so glad i am going to post on here, so here goes. 1. When applying mascara how would you apply in for an even finish. 2. I know this is out of term but i have always wanted to know where do you get your journals that you write about your tattoos from

I love you. Your such an inspiration to all women and myself. I hope more happiness comes to you in the future.

Regards, Portia

Thanks for the sweetness!

1. Mascara: i use Sinful Lash Mascara from my line - it sure does the trick.

2. Journals: believe it or not i just got those red journals on Ebay.  :smileywink:

portiavon

THANKS X

fairycat

I love your make-up-tutorials! Are there coming more of them?

vero73

Is there any products that you would recommend for oily skin? I tend to breakout a lot and don't know what cosmetics to use.

relevantelephant

Hi Kat,

Big fan of your tattoos and your makeup!

How would you suggest someone who isn't very artistic get into makeup? I love messing with shadows and liner especially, but I'm not very good at shaping for my (very round) eyes. How do you learn how to flatter your own shape?

tinavondizer

which is ur absolutely fave make up thing on ur collection?

abeatrriz

I LOVE YOU!!!! :heart:

missvenom

What caused you to decide that you wanted to do a makeup line? I LOVE all of the stuff!!

wurwulf

I was wondering what brand of black hair dye you use? Your hair always looks stunning! Also, what do you use to get your brows so perfect (powder, pencil?)

abeatrriz

Kat, please help me! what color of lipstick looks best on fair-skinned people:smileywink:

thekatvond

abeatrriz wrote:

Kat, please help me! what color of lipstick looks best on fair-skinned people:smileywink:

you wanna know whats rad?  My favorite red lipstick in my collection is called Adora.  and without knowing it, we all realized that its the one red lipstick that universally looks great on EVERY shade!  if you do end up trying it, id be interested in seeing what you think!  xo!

spreston101

What is your "go to" makeup look? Which palette, blush, and lipstick combination do you wear most often? :smileyhappy:

xxcatxx

Do you have plans for any foundations in your Sephora cosmetics line soon? I love all your stuff, especially the liners!

adicted2sephora

Hi Kat, being a hopeful artist myself I'd love to talk to you about it. Since you're a photographer, tattoo artist, makeup artist... I was wondering what drives you towards it. Is it a love of beauty, any art, expression, something else, or all of that?
Thank you even if you jusy read this!
~ Megan from NJ (16)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 269 replies
  • 191 hearts
  • 135 in conversation
    • glossy
    • thekatvond
    • Sephoraadmin
    • AmyC