Sephoraadmin

Live Chat with Kat Von D

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! If your question did not get answered, Kat will do her best to post more responses as she can.

Kat's message to her fans:

"OMG!  

I cant believe an hour went by so fast!!  This was so cool! I hope Sephora will let me do this again so i can chat with you guys again!!!    

Just wanted to send you all a BIG THANK YOU for making the time to connect with me, and im sorry i couldnt answer all the questions - I swear i was typing as fast as i possibly could (with the least amount of spelling errors!)  

Con Amor,

Kat Von D"

See it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309743#M1154

kvd_pic.jpg

Whether it’s her namesake cosmetics collection, TV stardom, or tattoos, Kat Von D’s edgy-glam attitude attracts a lot of intrigue.  Visit this thread on March 15 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the woman behind the beauty brand. It’s your turn to ask her expert advice on anything—from inspiration to favorite tips.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when Kat answers your question. To subscribe to a post, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/xcCczC

thekatvond

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

adicted2sephora wrote:
Hi Kat, being a hopeful artist myself I'd love to talk to you about it. Since you're a photographer, tattoo artist, makeup artist... I was wondering what drives you towards it. Is it a love of beauty, any art, expression, something else, or all of that?
Thank you even if you jusy read this!
~ Megan from NJ (16)

There is a need to create that comes from outside of me - i dont know how else to describe that desire or drive to excercise creativity, and i dont really find it all that important to try and understadn it.... Instead, i am thankful that its there, and look at every day as a chance to do it all over again!  Life sure is grand, isnt it?!

alicewonderbra

Your lipstick always looks perfect even though you wear a lot of reds and go fairly far outside of your lip line.  How do you keep it looking flawless and from moving, smudging, feathering, and fading?

thekatvond

alicewonderbra wrote:

Your lipstick always looks perfect even though you wear a lot of reds and go fairly far outside of your lip line.  How do you keep it looking flawless and from moving, smudging, feathering, and fading?

Im glad you like it!  i think after that Madonna album "Erotica" came out and I saw that black and white image of her in the album photos where she did her lipline outside her actual lipline, i totally copied her!  (or at least tried to :smileywink: )

gabyleeray

Kat I love you so much! I have all your makeup products and I've been told we look similar. I was just wondering if you can make your creams for some of the palettes to not dry out because they always seem to do. Hopefully we'll meet each other soon some day. <3 Love you! Thank you so much.

luzgn

Tattoo!!

Hi Kat!! I'm from Spain, and I love your work, you're amazing!!!! I  see everyday LA ink, and with 16 years old, i'm thinking about get a tattoo!! So, where do you think is the less painful zone in the body? jajajaja I hope your answer!!!!!! LOVE YOU!

katiek777

Any chance of a more affordable clothing line by you? For those of us on a budget who want as many pieces from your line as we can get our little hands on

missnem

Hi Kat! I love your Saint & Sinner make-up line! You looked absolutely gorgeous with and without your tattoos for your Sephora photoshoot. What inspired you to create that line and which side would be your favorite?

thekatvond

[ Edited ]

missnem wrote:

Hi Kat! I love your Saint & Sinner make-up line! You looked absolutely gorgeous with and without your tattoos for your Sephora photoshoot. What inspired you to create that line and which side would be your favorite?

Oh!  well, if you liked the Saint and Sinner ads, then i cant wait for you to see whats coming up for Summer!!!!

litas138

You posted a super cool picture of some red glittery lipstick on twitter a while back, what kind of formula will that be? Any idea when it may be out? I have been stalking the speohra website hoping to see it pop up one day!

PS- You are freakin' amazing and I think we should be best friends! :heart:

cristinaweg08

Hey Kat :smileyvery-happy: Quick question, What type of cleansers do you use?

makeupmust

Hi Kat, A big fan of yours, love your look! Already started my collection of your makeup. Your liner is a must have.I was wondering what moisturizer you use you always have a beautiful glow.

golleegee

Hi Kat! How do you take care of your tattoos, your skin is so beautiful! I wanna make sure mine lasts forever!!!:heart: Darlene

elipeanut

Hi Kat! What are your other go to brands for make up besides your own? Your line is amazing. I love my Mi Vida Loca, Saint, and Sinner palettes :smileyhappy:

teinia

Hey kat, Love ur makeup line,how do u do it to keep ur makeup perfect, do u use ur locknload?

thekatvond

(0) Hearts

teinia wrote:

Hey kat, Love ur makeup line,how do u do it to keep ur makeup perfect, do u use ur locknload?

Yes! I do, all the time! And I love it! Everyone needs a good setting spray so your makeup doesn't budge!

teeki1975

What is the hottest trend in tattoos right now?  (Non gothic)

ambyloveskat

my question is WHERE DO I GO TO SEE THE WEBCAM???

dakkymae

hi Kat!! first off just wantto say I am in love with your makeup, the colours are all so vibrant and blend so well. my all time favourite is the backstage bambi lipstick I wear it everyday! which brings me to my question, what do you suggest applying to lips to keep me from reapplying all day AND so my fav colours last longer?

xo Dak
sedona444

Hi Kat,

I just absolutely love your makeup line through Sephora. May I ask what eye color palette you would suggest for a girl with Dark brown hair and light green eyes? Thank you.

portiavon

(0) Hearts

Hi, I am such a huge fan and i would love to ask you 2 questions, my friends are so glad i am going to post on here, so here goes. 1. When applying mascara how would you apply in for an even finish. 2. I know this is out of term but i have always wanted to know where do you get your journals that you write about your tattoos from

I love you. Your such an inspiration to all women and myself. I hope more happiness comes to you in the future.

Regards, Portia

thekatvond

portiavon wrote:

Hi, I am such a huge fan and i would love to ask you 2 questions, my friends are so glad i am going to post on here, so here goes. 1. When applying mascara how would you apply in for an even finish. 2. I know this is out of term but i have always wanted to know where do you get your journals that you write about your tattoos from

I love you. Your such an inspiration to all women and myself. I hope more happiness comes to you in the future.

Regards, Portia

Thanks for the sweetness!

1. Mascara: i use Sinful Lash Mascara from my line - it sure does the trick.

2. Journals: believe it or not i just got those red journals on Ebay.  :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 269 replies
  • 191 hearts
  • 135 in conversation
    • glossy
    • thekatvond
    • Sephoraadmin
    • AmyC
    • jaimaroo
    • knitegamer