Sephoraadmin

Live Chat with Kat Von D

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! If your question did not get answered, Kat will do her best to post more responses as she can.

Kat's message to her fans:

"OMG!  

I cant believe an hour went by so fast!!  This was so cool! I hope Sephora will let me do this again so i can chat with you guys again!!!    

Just wanted to send you all a BIG THANK YOU for making the time to connect with me, and im sorry i couldnt answer all the questions - I swear i was typing as fast as i possibly could (with the least amount of spelling errors!)  

Con Amor,

Kat Von D"

See it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309743#M1154

kvd_pic.jpg

Whether it’s her namesake cosmetics collection, TV stardom, or tattoos, Kat Von D’s edgy-glam attitude attracts a lot of intrigue.  Visit this thread on March 15 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the woman behind the beauty brand. It’s your turn to ask her expert advice on anything—from inspiration to favorite tips.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when Kat answers your question. To subscribe to a post, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/xcCczC

cwissywissyissy

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

(0) Hearts

Out all of the things in the world that you can do, Why did you choose to start your own make up line??

What is your inspiration behind it??

@CwissyWissyIssy

trishmtnz

(0) Hearts

Kat, 

Do you wear your own cosmetic line? 
What are your favorite KvD products?

If not what other line do you wear?

P.S. your line got me into cosmetics! 

emi0033

(0) Hearts

Hi Kat,

I was wondering whose makeup styles are currently inspiring you the most?

Keep Rocking,

Emi 

misspigi

(0) Hearts

Your skin looks pretty gDreat Kat!  Besides your normal routine for washing and caring for your face.... Do you get facials? If so, whay kind??  Thanks! Do you know how LOVED you are? 

dianar21

(0) Hearts

Hi kat I love love all of your eyeshadows, would you ever do a full matte pallete?

fudog

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ah well time is running fast... wish I had more time but work is taking over and the talk will end in 2 minutes...

Thank you Kat to give us some of your time, and most of all, thank you to be you !

You are very inspired & inspiring !

*hugs*

A good Tattoo for everyone...

Greetings Kat !

Would you help me to create a web database of talented & reliable tattoo artists with their strength (portrait, japanese, BW, tribal, etc) for all USA states ? It's hard to feel beautiful with a bad ink job on the skin...

The existing databases are far to be complete and sadly not updated... Also doesn't seem very reliable. However in the tattoo world Artists know who is talented and who is not (regardless of friendship or else)... Would you share your knowledge ?

*hugs*

lovecraft

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Kat! I know this is about beauty questions so this is related in a way: I\'ve been trying to get in touch with you in regards to your cosmetics line being featured on my beauty blog. If you can get back to me that would mean the absolute WORLD to me!

ph0en1xr1s1ng

(0) Hearts

What does your vanity where you put on makeup at home look like?

tccb1

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D, you are by far my favorite celebrity!  You are such a beautiful woman!  My daughter and I loved your show and your exceptional tattoos.  We especially love your make-up and perfume.  Your lipsticks are the best I have ever tried.  I was wondering why the Adora perfume was discontinued and if there are plans to bring it back.

On a personal note, you are truly an inspiration to me.  I have dealt with a very difficult past and I wondered how you manage to handle so much in your life, between your shop, makeup collections, clothing line and books and still be so unbelievably successful.  What advice can you give to someone who tries to balance positive and negative in their life and how to do it effectively?

golleegee

(0) Hearts

Your tattoo eyeliner is the best I've ever used, and I've tried them all!  I have trouble getting that perfect sweep at the outer edge, any suggestions? Love you, Darlene....

ph0en1xr1s1ng

(0) Hearts

why have you been penning the extra star by your eye in lately?

thekatvond

(0) Hearts

ph0en1xr1s1ng wrote:

why have you been penning the extra star by your eye in lately?

you noticed!  I actually started doing that once i released the Tattoo Liner!

rosefilou

(0) Hearts

Hi Kat,

What's your favourite look that would compliment brown eyes and hair? What colours would you use? How would you use them? Could you give an example of a daytime/nighttime look? Natural/dramatic look? A look with Orange lips??? lol, Thanks! And I love your new colourful palette - LOVE colours.

All the best,

From Up North

thekatvond

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

rosefilou wrote:

Hi Kat,

What's your favourite look that would compliment brown eyes and hair? What colours would you use? How would you use them? Could you give an example of a daytime/nighttime look? Natural/dramatic look? A look with Orange lips??? lol, Thanks! And I love your new colourful palette - LOVE colours.

All the best,

From Up North

Thank you! I love the Mi Vida Loca palette too! I think my Saint palette would be perfect for beauties with brown eyes and brown hair.

This tutorial would be awesome for a daytime look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbqORR5eqVc&feature=plcp&context=C42308d0VDvjVQa1PpcFO8FnwE-zpzGKNOgA...

xo!

kvdworld

(0) Hearts

Did you name any your product for your cat Piaf? ps:he's the cutest cat ever! Xo

lowrah

(0) Hearts

I love your eyemakeup pretty much always. Any pointers on how to do it correctly? I always look like a goth Mimi (from Drew Carey) whenever I try to do a smokey eye.

thekatvond

[ Edited ]

lowrah wrote:

I love your eyemakeup pretty much always. Any pointers on how to do it correctly? I always look like a goth Mimi (from Drew Carey) whenever I try to do a smokey eye.

If ever you get a moment , you should check out the makeup tutorials i did with Sephora - you may like the looks i set up!

xo!

Mi Vida Loca Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn7fczBKYKg&feature=relmfu 

poppyadams

(0) Hearts

Hi Kat... What do you think goes best with a deep red lip? I want to wear it in the daytime but sometimes it looks too over the top!

ps..you're beautiful!

thekatvond

poppyadams wrote:

Hi Kat... What do you think goes best with a deep red lip? I want to wear it in the daytime but sometimes it looks too over the top!

ps..you're beautiful!

I find the same challenge - on days where i know ill want to wear red lipstick i usually lay off the deeper eyeshadow shades, and use more neutral shimmery shades... but so i dont lose my eyes all-together, I usually compliment a red lip with black winged liner, and a sweet set of falsies!  xo!

kiki21

(0) Hearts

How do you do a smokey eye without making it look like a racoon under your eye? You seem to always have dark make up under your eye but it never looks like too much or like a racoon! you are amazing by the way <3

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Howdy,

I love your eyeshadow pallate. However, I never use eyeshadows up before the expiration date. Do you have any tips or tricks for making eyeshadow pallate last longer? or favorite way to sanitize them?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 269 replies
  • 191 hearts
  • 135 in conversation
    • glossy
    • thekatvond
    • Sephoraadmin
    • AmyC
    • jaimaroo
    • knitegamer