Sephoraadmin

Live Chat with Kat Von D

[ Edited ]

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! If your question did not get answered, Kat will do her best to post more responses as she can.

Kat's message to her fans:

"OMG!  

I cant believe an hour went by so fast!!  This was so cool! I hope Sephora will let me do this again so i can chat with you guys again!!!    

Just wanted to send you all a BIG THANK YOU for making the time to connect with me, and im sorry i couldnt answer all the questions - I swear i was typing as fast as i possibly could (with the least amount of spelling errors!)  

Con Amor,

Kat Von D"

See it here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Kat-Von-D/m-p/309743#M1154

kvd_pic.jpg

Whether it’s her namesake cosmetics collection, TV stardom, or tattoos, Kat Von D’s edgy-glam attitude attracts a lot of intrigue.  Visit this thread on March 15 between 12-1pm PST to participate in our live Q&A with the woman behind the beauty brand. It’s your turn to ask her expert advice on anything—from inspiration to favorite tips.

Be sure to "subscribe" to this post to be notified via email when Kat answers your question. To subscribe to a post, check the “Subscriptions" box on the right side of the post page.

Learn more about Kat Von D> http://seph.me/xcCczC

kristapylant8

Re: OPEN NOW! Live Chat with Kat Von D

(0) Hearts

Hey Kat! I have a big blackhead on the center of my nose, all the junk is out of it and now there is a big hole left and I hate it! What can I do to get rid of it or cover it up? BTW you are super gorgeous and I love you!! xoxo

katiek777

(0) Hearts

Kat, I love your personal style! I am obsessed with your makeup line as well as your clothing line.  Any chance of a more affordable clothing line for those of us on a budget? It would be amazing to get to wear your makeup line with your clothing line!

thekatvond

(0) Hearts

katiek777 wrote:

Kat, I love your personal style! I am obsessed with your makeup line as well as your clothing line.  Any chance of a more affordable clothing line for those of us on a budget? It would be amazing to get to wear your makeup line with your clothing line!

Have you checked out the KvD line?  (Its on katvondlosangeles.com, you just have to click on the "KvD" logo)  Its the diffusion line that is a totally different price bracket!  I wanted to make sure everyone could be able to enjoy the lines!  Hope you dig it!  xo!

siddiqa

(0) Hearts

Hey Kat,

I noticed the autograph eyeliner in Puro Amor has been discontinued?
Can you please bring that colour, it's the only eyeliner I find that works best for me, I have used the tattoo eyeliner which is great but I prefer the autograph eyeliner.

Love all your products.

Thanks!
-Sid

thekatvond

(0) Hearts

siddiqa wrote:

Hey Kat,

Can you please bring that colour, it's the only eyeliner I find that works best for me, I have used the tattoo eyeliner which is great but I prefer the autograph eyeliner.

Love all your products.

Thanks!
-Sid

I agree!  you should tell Sephora!  :smileywink:

daizzy72

(0) Hearts

siddiqa wrote:

Hey Kat,

Love all your products.

Thanks!
-Sid

I second that!!  <3

cblakcburn

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have used the Kat Von D Tattoo concealer, and because of how dark my tattoo's are, it will not cover them, do you have any other suggestions?

Courtney

Austin, Tx

ellysagloom

(0) Hearts

Hello Kat!

I was wondering how you kept your hair so beautiful and healthy looking after so many colours. Do you use synthetic hair pieces or have a secret tip?  By the way: I just wanted to let you know you are a fashion and art icon to me, and I hope I can meet you in june at the Portland Sephora! 

thekatvond

[ Edited ]

ellysagloom wrote:

Hello Kat!

I was wondering how you kept your hair so beautiful and healthy looking after so many colours. Do you use synthetic hair pieces or have a secret tip?  By the way: I just wanted to let you know you are a fashion and art icon to me, and I hope I can meet you in june at the Portland Sephora! 

Funny little fun fact:  I shaved my head about twoyears or so ago,  for this documentary i was filming - so for the entire last season of the TV show, i was actually wearing wigs the entire time until my hair grew back long enough... so all those wild colors were actually wigs that i had dyed. 

See you in PORTLAND!!

PamelaAshley

(0) Hearts

Hey Kat,

You have such gorgeous skin, and so much awesome make-up in your line. What brand of foundation/powder do you normally use since you don't have a foundation in your line as of yet? You always look so flawless!

thekatvond

(0) Hearts

pamelaashley wrote:

Hey Kat,

You have such gorgeous skin, and so much awesome make-up in your line. What brand of foundation/powder do you normally use since you don't have a foundation in your line as of yet? You always look so flawless!

Why Thank you!!!

I actually use the Tattoo Concealer in Medium for my foundation!  a little bit goes a long way.! xo

gotosleepx

(0) Hearts

Hi Kat, 
Have you got any advice on how to stop liquid eyeliner from smudging? I always end up looking like a panda at the end of the day without meaning to!
Steph, xo.
P.s. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me! :smileyhappy: 

thekatvond

gotosleepx wrote:

Hi Kat, 
Have you got any advice on how to stop liquid eyeliner from smudging? I always end up looking like a panda at the end of the day without meaning to!
Steph, xo.
P.s. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me! :smileyhappy: 

Youre cute!  you said "Panda" :smileywink:

have you ever tried using a spray fixant after youre done w makeup - my favorite is the one in my line - but for the sake of not sounding like im promoting myself - i also recommend Makeup Forever's Mist n Fix.  xo!

jolene1105

(0) Hearts

Hi Kat, 

I met you once and you complimentedmy make up and was so nervous I didn't get to ask you; What is your favorite blending brush? 

ph0en1xr1s1ng

(0) Hearts

What makes your metallic lipsticks metalic?

thekatvond

ph0en1xr1s1ng wrote:

What makes your metallic lipsticks metalic?

we used real bits of Unicorn in the formula.  :smileywink:  (Totally kidding, theres no such thing as unicorns)

allisonmak

(0) Hearts

Beauty DON'Ts, my love?:womanhappy: 

Spoiler

Allison Mak xoxo 

thekatvond

allisonmak wrote:

Beauty DON'Ts, my love?:womanhappy: 

Spoiler

Allison Mak xoxo 

Beauty Don't: "Don't try and be anything other than who you are"  in other words.... D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

marieeee

(0) Hearts

Hi Kat :smileyhappy:

What makeup product can you not live without, be it from your line or not?

kiki21

(0) Hearts

Hey beautiful! Which of your palette would you say you use the most? Also, which is your go to/ favorite red lipstick you use?

xoxo

thekatvond

(0) Hearts

kiki21 wrote:

Hey beautiful! Which of your palette would you say you use the most? Also, which is your go to/ favorite red lipstick you use?

xoxo

So sweet! My favorite palettes are still the first two I ever came up with "Ludwig" and "Beethoven". And I love my Painted Love Lipsticks, there's a red in there for every skintone!

xo

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 269 replies
  • 191 hearts
  • 135 in conversation
    • glossy
    • thekatvond
    • Sephoraadmin
    • AmyC
    • jaimaroo