Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with K-Beauty Expert Alicia Yoon!

K-BEAUTY-SOCIAL_100115-beauty-talk_HANDOFF.jpg

This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation! 

Ride the wave of K-Beauty products hitting the States. Visit this thread on October 14 from 12 to 1pm PDT to participate in our live Q&A with Alicia Yoon, founder of Peach & Lily. Ask her a beauty question—from the best trends to try to what makes an essence so special.

Be sure to click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with K-Beauty Expert Alicia Yoon!

Hi Alicia,

Can you recommend any good treatments for clearing deep under the skin clogs?  Thanks so much!

Hi Alicia - Do you have any essences you recommend? I'm afraid SK-II is out of my budget, but would love to incorporate one into my routine! Thank you!

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

I was wondering if there was something you could recommend for that time of the month where hormonal acne pops up. I use a toner, 3 serums, eye cream, and lotion. And the occasional mask if I need to do some spot treatment or brightening. I am just hoping for something to help calm my oily acney skin from flair ups during that time of the month.

Thank you,

Sara

Anonymous Insider

I have oily skin but it can feel dry at times even underneath all that oil...what products are out there to help me moisturize my skin but not increase my oil?

Spoiler

Hi everyone, that hour went by quickly! I really enjoyed chatting all things Korean beauty with you. I hope I was able to share my insider knowledge with you all and that you found it informative! x - Alicia

Hello I would like to no what would be the best brightening cream?

Hi Alicia, what makes Asian beauty products different . what is the best general description of Korean beauty . natural ingredients, technology or steps of beauty regime. Thanks

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for taking the time to answer all our questions! I am curious about Korean skincare but have never tried any products. I have normal, dehydrated skin that tends to err on the dry side but with the occasional breakout as well. I do have a full skincare regime but none of them include Korean beauty products. Would you recommend a few items I could start looking into for my skin type? Thank you!

Hi Alicia,

First of all, thank you for taking time out to answer our questions.

My question to you is, that is there a brand that has not yet migrated into this part of the world that is worth checking out?

I'm a big skincare junky, and I love the skin care products coming out of that part of the world, and I would love to be introduced to a new brand.

I am Korean, but new to Korean products. I have fallen in looooove with the snail cream but I am still having trouble with oily t zone and not acne but bumps on my forehead. I exfoliate weekly, mosturize with the snail creme, night cream, hands off face, eat healthy, etc. But am still experiencing those problems. What products/routine would you recommend??

Thanks!!

Oh hello, thank you for doing this! I am Korean but have sprnt the last few years in the US and the expansion of the K-beauty industry in both product types, brand names and reach over the last 3 years or so has been mind boggling. What would be some brands/products i should be looking up in the domestic market in korea, that hasn't yet become available in the states (but that you might be planning to bring over)? 

Hi, 

Do you have any recommendations on facial cleaners that treats acne or growing acne? Also, I am looking for a lotion/ face cream that has SPF and it's nongreasy. I have sensitive and combination skin type. My face usually becomes oily throughout the day.Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

Hi Alicia,

I've been dedicated to my skincare regimen since I was 20. Can you recommend a product (or sequence of products) designed to help improve skin tone and texture? I generally use a cleanser, toner, serum, and moisturizer (as well as an eye serum and cream) twice a day. I'm in my 40s and trying to stay ahead of the aging process.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions Alicia.

I'm a big K-beauty/A-Beauty fan and a firm believer in it as well. I find it way more innovative and fun than Western products. My question for you is, what is the whole process you take in cultivating the products on your site or for Sephora for example. What creative process do you take and how you choose your products? Are there specific things you choose to bring over because you feel Westerns would be more interested in or just about anything that's innovative makes the cut? I'd love to know. Also what's your favorite product at the moment?

Thank you.

Alicia,

As someone with her own retail store of Korean beauty products, could you talk a bit about Korean beauty products that aren't widely recognized in the West right now, but should be? What is the next wave of innovation?

Joan

Hi Joan, thanks for the question! I would say rubber or modeling masks would be one that's not as widely used in the US, but these are just simply fantastic products. They're used in spas all over the world, but seem to be more frequently used in Korean spas compared to spas in the US. The spa-grade masks are found more and more on retail shelves in Korea now vs just in spas. These masks are basically an alginate based goop that mixes with a powdery active ingredient (comes in all different ingredient-flavors). You mix this goop together with the powder, and baste the goop onto your face. It then solidifies into a rubbery texture after 15-20 minutes, which forces all the healthy ingredients deep into the skin. You can leave the spa-grade rubber masks on for as long as you'd like as they stay moist for up to 72 hours, even if they're solid, which means that reverse-osmosis doesn't happen and the moisture from your skin isn't whisked back into the mask. After 20 minutes (or if you want, after a full hour, even) you can peel the mask off in one fell swoop. And you're left with intensively hydrated, nourishing skin that just glows! A true spa treatment that you can indulge in at home. Hope this is helpful! xx

Thank you for answering my question! I recently had a chance to try these and can vouch that they are not only very effective but super fun! 

Hi Alicia. I have some pretty bad adult acne that is due to oral chemo medication that I must take on a daily basis. What skincare products would you recommend that could possibly help? I also have oily skin. Thanks for any suggestions!

Anonymous Insider

There are a lot of great questions here that I would love to know the answers to. Am I going to be able to see her response or do I need to ask the question again so she can personally answer me? Does anyone know?

Anonymous Insider

Hi Alicia,

What is the best foundation or BB cream that you recommend? I have oily/combo skin with acne prone skin and it seems like almost all foundations have ingredients that are bad for your skin. I have used Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB cream which has been great, but looking for more coverage. Do you also recommend a certain moisturizer? Thanks so much! 

127 Replies
Photos1
  • K-BEAUTY-SOCIAL_100115-beauty-talk_HANDOFF.jpg
testing