Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Justin Anderson for dpHUE!

10102016_dpHUE_Thread-Asset.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

When a celebrity needs a touch-up, they call the star of our next BeautyTalk Live Chat! Justin Anderson, colorist to the stars and dpHUE’s Creative Director, will be taking your questions on Monday, October 10. If the answer above has you dying to know more, visit this thread between noon and 1pm PDT to ask your very own hair question.

Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Justin Anderson for dpHUE!

Thank you so much! That definitely makes sense. Hydrating without weighing hair down sounds like exactly what I need! I appreciate your response! Heart

Hey guys its Justin here! Ask me any questions about hair color, hair care or anything hair. Post below and I will try to answer as many questions as I can in the next hour. Xx Justin Anderson @dpHUE @anderssonjj #dpHUE

Hi, Justin! What do you think will be the next popular hair trends?

I just did a celeb client in a snow white color which sort of goes against the traditional trend of going darker for fall!

Overall I'm loving super blonde for winter and maintaining with our cool blonde purple shampoo and conditioner!

Hi Justin. Welcome to BT! What is the real difference between drugstore hair colour and salon dyes? Thank you! 😃

Jess, drugstore hair color is often super damaging because it blasts open the hair cuticle to deposit the color. dpHUE hair color is salon quality meaning it's super gentle, dimensional hair color.  Gentle is key - anything you find in the drugstore that works under 20 minutes is going to really damage your hair. XxJA

Thank you Justin! ❤️

Hi Justin, is ombre still cool? What I like is the lightness because otherwise my brunette is boring, but i think it is starting to look too drastic and cheap. How should I keep it looking current? I can't do highlights all over because of the upkeep 

great question! severe ombre is kinda on the outs in my opinion, but the SOMBRE is the new thing! bring the highlights up a little higher but not all the way to the roots. and i hear you about the upkeep, no one needs all that... keep the color looking shiny and fresh in between touch ups by using our Gloss + product... its an at home conditioning treatment with added pigment to keep that fresh outta the salon look....

How many uses are in that bottle? 

Multiple uses - depends on if you're using it on wet or dry hair! If wet hair, you use just a little more than the amount of shampoo you use. 

and, thanks!!

Hi Justin! Thanks for chatting with us. 🙂

How do you find a good colorist? What questions should I be asking? What products should they be working with? I’ve had people mess up my hair bad in the past so I want to make sure I find someone truly qualified. I’m a level 2/3 wanting a level 10/11 so I need someone who won't burn my hair or head.

Thanks so much! 🙂

first of all girlfriend.. we all gotta be realistic with our wants-- level 2 to level 10/11 is for sure gonna be damaging.. we are colorists, not magicians. lol. finding a good colorist  is usually best by finding someone who has great color and asking them for a referral.

@dpHUE lol I know it's damaging. I don't expect it not to be... but what I expect from a professional is someone who won't burn my scalp because he/she doesn't know how to use the proper strength of bleach for direct scalp application. 🙂

Thanks for the tip!

Hi Justin. I've been itching to try the Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse for months, but the reviews mentioning tangled hair scare me. Especially as someone with ethnic textured hair. Any tips or advice? My biggest concern is scalp dermatitis.

I have tangley hair and i love it, I am on my second bottle!! if you brush your hair DRY before you get in the shower and then use it is super soft and no tangles! 

To be honest I find the ACV to be very conditioning, but I suggest people with really damaged hair or hair that tangles easily to condition their ends after using the rinse. Following up with our ACV leave in hair therapy also helps with tangled hair and adds extra shine and heat protection. Xx JA

Good question ^ I have scalp dermatitis! =(

So you understand my itching was literal. 😉 I have to use a prescription steroid and I really don't want to use it forever, but I feel like I have no choice. Maybe ACV will be the answer.

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 10102016_dpHUE_Thread-Asset.jpg
testing