Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Justin Anderson for dpHUE!

10102016_dpHUE_Thread-Asset.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

When a celebrity needs a touch-up, they call the star of our next BeautyTalk Live Chat! Justin Anderson, colorist to the stars and dpHUE’s Creative Director, will be taking your questions on Monday, October 10. If the answer above has you dying to know more, visit this thread between noon and 1pm PDT to ask your very own hair question.

Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Justin Anderson for dpHUE!

Thanks love! ❤️ Looking forward to purchasing ACV products with my birthday Sephora gift cards (my friends and family know what I want ;)) 

Hi, thanks for answering our questions today. I have relaxed hair and wonder which product would suit my hair type? Also, how long should I wait after relax treat my hair should I use the vinegar treatment? 

miss cg - You don't have to worry about any of our products working against relaxer. They're all super gentle including the ACV.

I have found when people relax their hair the service tends to be drying so make sure to add an Argan oil to your routine.

Whats the best option for touching up grays (often as they pop up)? Preferably something that can only be positioned on those hairs and maybe surrounding...

Also, I have naturally curly hair and dry-ish scalp and have loved incorporating the ACV rince into my routine. I'm currently using it once a week but am planning on switching to 2x's. I'm also very intrigued by the leave in but worried it will strip my hair of oils...

great question! I suggest using the dpHUE Root Touch Up kit. we designed a professional, salon-quality hair color that women can use at home in-between full colors. Use it to cover up those few grays around the part line and face...without coloring your entire head. 

im so glad you love the ACV rinse! i find that people start using it more and more bc of how great their hair starts looking.. the ACV leave in therapy won't strip your oils by any means! it makes hair super soft and shiny without weighing it down like most conditioners tend to do...

hope that helps! xxJA

Hello!  I found that the ACV rinse didn't give me great results.  

What is the best way to use this product?

Hey there! I suggest a few things...make sure you are applying straight to scalp with the nozzle tip, not using too much and rinsing out throughly. I find when my clients follow these steps they LOVE their hair and the product. Xx JA 

T/y!

Hi Justin!

why is ACV so beneficial to scalp and hair and how does it calm an irritated scalp? It seems to be counter-intuitive as the vinegar is acidic.

also, will you be making your products available to Canadians through Sephora?  Ever since I read some reviews of the ACV rinse on BT I've been wanting to try it out!

Thanks!

hey tbuss!

ACV is awesome for your hair bc it seals the cuticle and makes your hair super soft and shiny. the home remedies that are just diluted ACV and water are actually more of a clarifying treatment and can be harsh if it isn’t done right or is done too much. Our ACV has color protection ingredients and conditioning agents in it so that you can reap the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar but don’t have to risk your hair color or texture (it makes it super smooth!) ACV Rinse is really a shampoo substitute, that can cleanse your hair and scalp without stripping so you can use it as often as you’d like.

For the scalp: Apple Cider Vinegar is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflamatory! It also rebalance the pH levels of your scalp and hair. Try it and you’ll be a believer. We are working on distribution for our friends to the North, aren’t quite there yet but stay tuned

I second the question about availability on Sephora Canada!

maybe someday!! We want dpHUE to be global. Spreading great hair to everywhere! xx JA

I third the question about availability via Sephora Canada  🙂

4th!

Hi Justin! What's the best way to transition from blonde ombre to a more natural fall color without losing the dimension highlights bring to my dull brunette hair? 

hey girl!

don't get rid of those highlights and the dimension you love just because it is fall... i suggest just glossing the light pieces down a shade so it looks rich and shiny! our Gloss + product is great for this... i don't know how light or dark you are but the golden blonde is great for toning down super bright cool highlights... if you are darker than that, try mixing the warm brown medium and golden blonde together and apply to wet hair in the shower after shampooing for about 10 mins... it will deep condition your hair as well as add the pigment to gloss!

have fun! xxJA

Good afternoon Justin and thank so you much for taking the time to speak with us today.  I actually just started using the ACV rinse, and am loving it!  I have some scalp issues that even medicated shampoos haven't been able to rid me of - in addition to fine and oily hair!

That being said, is there any chance you'll be making the ACV in a larger size?  I'm a daily washer, and can see going through this bottle fairly quickly.

Hi Mariah - I'm so glad you love the ACV. I would love to have it in gallon sizes! You should be able to get tons of uses out of each bottle, a little goes a long way. xxJA

thanks so much @dpHUE for that!  So far it's really doing wonders for my scalp and overall health of my hair!  I can't wait to try more products!

Hi Justin! So glad you're here with us today.

I have a lot of fine, straight hair that looks so blah. My roots get super oily, but my ends get dried out. I'm thinking about purchasing your Apple Cider Vinegar rinse because it sounds like it will really clarify my roots. What other products would you recommend to make my hair soft, shiny, and bouncy, avoiding the current imbalance I suffer?

hey jellybean, cute name!

i LOVE the ACV rinse for fine straight hair... i would avoid using a heavy conditioner on your dry ends bc that would weigh it down, but rather you use the ACV leave in therapy spray after... also, on your dry ends before blow drying use our argan oil, bc it's SUPER hydrating but never weighs down hair... make sense? excuse my run on sentences and grammatical errors.. I'm working on a beauty school education over here!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 10102016_dpHUE_Thread-Asset.jpg
testing