cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg

This thread is closed. Thank you for your participation!

Ouai founder and celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin is the star of our next BeautyTalk live chat! Love her answer above? Expect even more next-level hair advice on Friday, July 22 between noon and 1pm PDT. Then, you can ask her anything—from what will be the next big hair trend to how she fights frizz, even on humid Hollywood nights.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Jen Atkin for Ouai!

Hey guys,

So much fun chatting with you today. Loved all your comments and feedback. Sorry if I didn’t get to your question, hopefully we can do this again soon! Make sure to follow us on Instagram / Snap / Twitter / Facebook: @theOUAI! For more hair style inspo head over to maneaddicts.com

xX Jen

Anonymous Insider

Hi Jen, love your products! So I have black hair and my skin is medium to dark tone, and I have dark brown eyes. What color highlife should I get? Or what color would you say I should dye my hair? Thanks ❤️❤️❤️.

Anonymous Insider

Hey Jen please suggest how to deal with the frizzy hair? 

Hi Jen! i wanna cut my own hair, i have a blunt long bob and i want to add texture to it, so i wanted to know how should i cut the layers? 

thank you! and i love your work btw 🙂

Hi Jen! I have very coarse thick hair and use a flat iron daily. My hair is super damaged because I have to use the highest heat setting. Is there anything I can do to lessen the damage? By the way, I loved your video with Lisa Eldridge ❤️ 

use the oil to moisturize and the treatment mask once a week!

Hey Jen! What's the best product for beachy waves without too much grit?

OUAI wave spray is THE BEST.  it has rice protein so that it doesn't dry out your hair

Hi Jen!

I have fine, colored hair. How often should I wash it? Is there any special tricks to treat dry hair with split ends?.. other than buzzing it off lol

p.s I love OUAI!!

Hi Jen,

Love Ouai volume shampoo/cond, mousse, masque and wave spray!  

What styles do you recommend for fine, wavy, shoulder-length hair?

Thanks!

Mary

Hi Jen, 

I have fine waving hair, which I usually straighten because it's the only way I can avoid the fine fluffy frizz that occurs drying naturally. OR IS IT? Help please!! 

I've tried sprays, dry oils, etc, but everything that tames the fluff eradicates the beautiful wave! 😞 

PS> LOVE Ouai treatment mask. I have one on now! 

xo

Anonymous Insider

Hey Jen, I just bought your hair mask today...quick question, do I put it on dry hair or wet?  Thanks so much and so excited to try it

you can do it on both!!! 

I am always looking for new products to tame frizz. Any suggestions for baby fine, wavy/curly hair that mostly air dries?

Yes OUAI volume shampoo and our SMOOTH conditioner. xx

Any suggestions on how to handle "1st day hair"?  I hate washing my hair because it guarantees a bad hair day.  My hair slips right out of a bun or braid, the "baby" hairs stick straight up, and bangs refuse to side sweep.  I feel like I've tried everything and it either doesn't work or makes my hair feel greasy!

I also received the Ouai Wave Spray in my Play box. What is the best way to use it on my short, fine (but lots of it), straight hair? Am I just out of luck with this product? Thanks!

Hi Jen,

So I go to the gym everyday and my  hair always ends up soaking wet. A lot of hair stylist have recommended me no to wash it every single day, but I don't know what should I do. Do you have any tips or advice. Should I style it with out washing it? What should I do?

Thank you,

Ivanna

ps. Love when you use to do Sofia Vergara's hair. Would you ever work with her again?

Anonymous Insider

Hi Jen I was just wondering to become a celebrity hairstylist what qualifications do you need. Currently I am doing my level 2 Nvq in London as that where I live if I don't need any specific qualifications what do I do after once I have done my level 2 qualification. 

Also I love your work you inspire me everyday 

Vicky Pavlou 

I just received the Ouai Wave Spray in my Sephora Play! Box the other day and I can't wait to try it! On the same note of beachy hair, do you think you'll come out with a product that offers sun protection for your hair? Maybe something like a UV protectant spray or an after sun hair masque to preserve color.

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 07222016_JenAtkin_Thread-Asset-Handoff.jpg
  • xvmeA0mr.jpg
  • f269oxvq551845c6e0cb1835238822.jpg
testing